Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago

He'll win more than he'll cost ya.

"Zero2Cool wrote:

I'm not convinced that will be the case this year.
UserPostedImage
Formo
13 years ago

Thus, eliminating the writers perspective that Favre is to blame for the loss.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

How many points did the Vikings lose by and didn't Favre fumble the ball in the end zone that was recovered for a touchdown?

I didn't watch the game, I was watching professional football on CBS. Packers vs Bills.

"Formo" wrote:

Vikings - Dolphins box score on Google. 

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I should have figured you wouldn't understand it.

Guess I have to explain this a little better for the 'young' crowd.

Vikings lost by 4.
The fumble gave the Dolphins 6 plus 1 on the extra point.
That is a 3 point difference.

The loss was not Brett's fault though. But the loss to the Cardinals in the playoffs last year was Rodgers fault. Right?

Brett cost the Vikings the game, period. He'll win more than he'll cost ya. Come to terms with it and move forward.

"Formo" wrote:

But by that logic, the loss should be pinned on Chilly. He was the one that opted to go for it on 4th and 2 within Longwell's range. That's a potential 10 point swing (because the Phins took the ball and scored on that possession).

I wouldn't put the Packers loss on Rodgers last years' playoff.. I mean, their defense got torched, right? I'd say that's the defenses fault.

EDIT: My original point, before you derail me, was that the loss yesterday can not soley be placed on Favre's shoulders. He deserves a lot of the flak he's getting, but not all of the blame lays on him. Just looking at the stat lines can be deceiving (like the writers perspective on Favre's 4 turnovers), as proven by Rodgers' fumble last year's playoff game, or Favre's INT that bounced off his WRs hands (happened at least once last year, and happened yesterday as well).
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
longtimefan
13 years ago
a loss or win really never should be based on just one guy

but when it comes to Rodgers haters a loss does..

You seen that here you know you have
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

But by that logic, the loss should be pinned on Chilly. He was the one that opted to go for it on 4th and 2 within Longwell's range. That's a potential 10 point swing (because the Phins took the ball and scored on that possession).

I wouldn't put the Packers loss on Rodgers last years' playoff.. I mean, their defense got torched, right? I'd say that's the defenses fault.

EDIT: My original point, before you derail me, was that the loss yesterday can not soley be placed on Favre's shoulders. He deserves a lot of the flak he's getting, but not all of the blame lays on him. Just looking at the stat lines can be deceiving (like the writers perspective on Favre's 4 turnovers), as proven by Rodgers' fumble last year's playoff game, or Favre's INT that bounced off his WRs hands (happened at least once last year, and happened yesterday as well).

"Formo" wrote:

Three interceptions.
One fumble loss that was directly 7 points.
Team lost by 4 points.

If your QB position didn't have four turnovers, YOU WIN THE GAME!

Holy shit you like to argue.
UserPostedImage
Dexter_Sinister
13 years ago
I don't think Favre is responsible for losing the game. He is responsible for playing atrociously. A 44 rating 3 ints and a fumble in the endzone for a TD.

All the Favre fans were saying that they will finally win it this year because Favre will play as well as he did last year. I said that it is more likely for him to have his worst season ever than it would be for him to have his 2 career best years back to back at age 40-41.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a 36+ turnover year with a rating below 70.

The most they should realistically expect is his average year. Mid 80s rating and mid 20s in turnovers.

With their run D failing, the secondary weak, the blocking on the O-line being inconsistent and no wide receiver threats, Favre will struggle to even be average. At his age and lack of mobility, worst ever seem more probable.

Add in the fact that they play something like 7 of the first 9 games against playoff teams from last year. And they already lost to 1 of the 2 that didn't make the playoffs.

A weak splat, softly in the distance, with no meaning or relevance. Out of contention and inconsequential. Favre's swan song will be crickets chirping as some one turns of the Dome lights.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

I don't think Favre is responsible for losing the game. He is responsible for playing atrociously. A 44 rating 3 ints and a fumble in the endzone for a TD.

"Dexter_Sinister" wrote:

Three interceptions.
One lost fumble that gave the opponent 7 points.
They lost by four points.

It's not as if Brett threw 3 TD's that kept them in the game. The Vikings were in the game in SPITE of the play at the QB position.

I don't understand why people continue to make excuses for the man. He's human, he had a bad game and it cost his team. It's not the end of the world. He's also a key reason they won a few of the games last year. First one comes to mind the 49ers game, they won the game because of Brett. Sure, Greg could have dropped the ball, but without Brett's superior pocket presence, that game never gets a W for the Vikings.

It's okay to say they lost because of the QB, just like its okay to say they won because of the QB. Obviously its a team game, but one position sure can make it hard to win the game. That's exactly what happened for the Vikings. The QB did them no favors.

Call it however you wish, but know that the QB position cost the Vikings the game. Stevie Wonder says that was obvious to the naked eye.
UserPostedImage
Formo
13 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Three interceptions.
Team lost by 4 points.

"Formo" wrote:

Sooo..

You are saying that it was soley Rodger's fault the Packers lost last year in the playoffs?
UserPostedImage
Dexter_Sinister
13 years ago

"Formo" wrote:

Three interceptions.
Team lost by 4 points.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Sooo..

You are saying that it was soley Rodger's fault the Packers lost last year in the playoffs?

"Formo" wrote:

If you start with the what ifs and take away mistakes, you could also take away the gift fumbles by Williams and Brown. If the Vikings had not been given the ball on the 2, would they have scored? Take that away and the Vikings scored 3 on their own.
Formo
13 years ago

"Dexter_Sinister" wrote:

Three interceptions.
Team lost by 4 points.

"Formo" wrote:

Sooo..

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

If you start with the what ifs and take away mistakes, you could also take away the gift fumbles by Williams and Brown. If the Vikings had not been given the ball on the 2, would they have scored? Take that away and the Vikings scored 3 on their own.

"Formo" wrote:

I'm not playing the 'what if' game. I'm just stating that the loss yesterday (two days ago, officially) can not be blamed soley on Favre.

This is all.
UserPostedImage
Dexter_Sinister
13 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Three interceptions.
One lost fumble that gave the opponent 7 points.
They lost by four points.

It's not as if Brett threw 3 TD's that kept them in the game. The Vikings were in the game in SPITE of the play at the QB position.

I don't understand why people continue to make excuses for the man. He's human, he had a bad game and it cost his team. It's not the end of the world. He's also a key reason they won a few of the games last year. First one comes to mind the 49ers game, they won the game because of Brett. Sure, Greg could have dropped the ball, but without Brett's superior pocket presence, that game never gets a W for the Vikings.

It's okay to say they lost because of the QB, just like its okay to say they won because of the QB. Obviously its a team game, but one position sure can make it hard to win the game. That's exactly what happened for the Vikings. The QB did them no favors.

Call it however you wish, but know that the QB position cost the Vikings the game. Stevie Wonder says that was obvious to the naked eye.

"Dexter_Sinister" wrote:

The what ifs don't mean anything. Favre played horribly. But he was not the only one. Peterson could have gotten one more yard. Tahi could have thrown one block. The line could have protected better. Harvin could have caught that pass that was intercepted. The list of IFs is endless.

Favre was not the only guy screwing up out there. He is only responsible for his own play. He is responsible for waving off the FG unit and blowing it on 4th down from comfortable field goal range. For missing camp and not having timing. For throwing into double coverage, late and behind receivers. For not getting rid of the ball in the endzone. But it took all 53 of them to lose. Plus all of the coaches.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.