RashaanSalaami
13 years ago
Week 1 

Cumulative Totals to be posted quarterly

Well, here's Week 2's installment of my re-watch of last week's game with an emphasis on the secondary. Overall, it's easy to say our pass D played lights out, which they did for the most part. However, with the relentless pressure, a scared quarterback, and pedestrian receivers, the secondary just had to avoid major screw-ups to look elite.

I also split up the Screen and changed "Hole in Zone" to just "Other". The "Other" from here on out will signify all plays such as Intentional Grounding and obvious throwaways. The addition of the screen stat will give us a much better idea on how we play screens over all. It's also very difficult to pin those passes on any particular defender. The "Other" will not give an advantage to one of our guys over another.

Week 2 (Vs. Buffalo Bills):

UserPostedImage
(Burnett and Chillar also deflected passesthe pickswhich I forgot to add to their stats. I have added it in my program, but I don't feel like uploading another picture to Photobucket)

My Coverage Player of the Week:
Week 1: Tramon Williams
Week 2: Sam Shields

My coverage player of the week goes to Sam Shields. After all, he drew the toughest match-up for most of the game going up against Lee Evans for a good portion of the game. I'm sure the Bills wants to get Evans on Shields going into the game, but they absolutely failed to test him. The one completion he allowed was in zone coverage on one of those plays that's impossible to force an incompletion, but you're supposed to just make the sure tackle. Many will ask whether he had a lot of help over the top shut him down and it's tough to tell based on the TV angles. Of course they were gonna just show a close up of Clay Matthews each play. I forgot that in this game he gave Cullen Jenkins his sack, drew the Intentional Grounding, and forced the Chillar pick. There's no one else I could see that should be realistically considered for player of the week.

After we struggled to defend the screen last week, I was much more impressed by our ability to do so this week. In 3 screens this week, we allowed only 16 yards and no first downs.

Believe it or not, Charles Woodson is the defender who has allowed the most 1st downs this year in the secondary. This is more a result of our stellar play all around then Chuck's struggles. 2 have come by penalty and one on Steve Johnson's 15 yard catch this week. The play seemed like off man coverage against a bunch (surprise, surprise). It looks like a mix-up between he and Tramon as to who was taking who. Woodson had the inside position and should have likely taken the inside release which was Steve Johnson. The 12 yard completion I pinned on Poppinga could have potentially gone on Woodson too (wasn't a 1st down).

Tramon Williams let up no catches this week. Actually, he wasn't targeted at all.

Brad Jones once again gave up the biggest pass play of the week on a 21 yarder to Roscoe Parrish. Seems like the offense found a good match-up. Getting a quick receiver on a linebacker will typically bode well for the offense.
blank
gbguy20
13 years ago
great work man
yooperfan
13 years ago
Once again, nice piece of work, thanks.
Dulak
13 years ago
Great work - love seeing these stats especially since most people are easily able to see receivers stats yet not the cover guys.

Be cool to see how harris does once he is back also.
Packers_Finland
13 years ago
Excellent job again man.

I'll give you a +1 for each one of these. You do awesome work.
This is a placeholder
zombieslayer
13 years ago
This is excellent work and I gave you a +1 for it.

However, I don't see why Chillar isn't your guy of the week for week 2. One target, one INT.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
RashaanSalaami
13 years ago
One other thing to note, that was pointed out to me is that Barnett's QB Rating is incorrect as listed. It should be a 74.3. The formula wasn't complete for the top row in Excel (Atari Bigby's usual slot, being that he's the lowest number on the defense). When the cumulative numbers are posted, all of the mistakes found in this week's spreadsheet will be corrected.

This is excellent work and I gave you a +1 for it.

However, I don't see why Chillar isn't your guy of the week for week 2. One target, one INT.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Thanks to everyone who has commented, or +1'd. As long as people other than myself are finding these numbers useful, I can justify spending a solid chunk of time each week re-watching the game.

The reason I had chosen Shields ahead of Chillar is because of the match-ups, which aren't shown on the spreadsheets themselves. The linebackers as a whole played a very solid game in coverage. If they weren't smothering their assignments, they made sure tackles immediately after the catch to limit the YAC. However, Shields had a tougher time on the whole having to contend with Lee Evans 1 on 1 for much of the game. The fact that we played Captain Checkdown played a part in why he was targeted but once (an unofficial target on the Woodson PI). However, Shields played a terrific game with tight coverage for the most part with actually very little safety help over the top. We recognized that the Bills passing was pretty inept and used our safeties closer to the line of scrimmage. That leaves me a little concerned about the status of our run defense which was elite a year ago, but we'll see how that plays out.

On a side note, for the play of Chillar's pick, he wasn't the player who was targeted (so it is possible to have a pick despite not being targeted).
blank
zombieslayer
13 years ago
Thanks for the explanation Chris. So in other words, watch the game instead of just look at the graph. 😉
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
RashaanSalaami
13 years ago

Thanks for the explanation Chris. So in other words, watch the game instead of just look at the graph. ;)

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Or both 😉
blank
Fan Shout
beast (6h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (7h) : damn those vikings
beast (7h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (8h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (8h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (8h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (8h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (14h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (15h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (15h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.