nerdmann
13 years ago
I like Zombo and I like Shields.
Can't stand Clifton or Tauscher. MM's wearing thin with me too.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
warhawk
13 years ago

I'm not worried about last night, but the Pack hasn't looked good so far this season.

"Chutzpah515" wrote:

Overreaction much? Way to let one loss count more than two wins. Solid win against Philly, mostly impressed that they bent but didn't break against an explosive Vick that's been lighting it up since. The Bills are the Bills, but still a very nice win.

"Porforis" wrote:

Allow me to rephrase. I'm not worried about the loss, but I would like to see them play to their full potential as a team. Wins are wins but more should be expected from a team with Superbowl aspirations.

"Chutzpah515" wrote:

I've watched the Bears win ugly for far to many years and teams like the Saints have to come back from 3 TD deficits to eak out wins to worry about style points.

Just get the F'ng W.
"The train is leaving the station."
ILikeThePackers39
13 years ago

18 PENALTIES. 18 PENALTIES.

Who kicks to Devein Hester ???? Poor ST game plan. you do not kick to Hester!!!

We may need to look a a RB that we can rely on a bit more then Jackson and Kuhn.

"packer98" wrote:

The top two I agree with, absolutely. The penalty total is just embarrassing. And again, who the hell kicks to Devin Hester? And in those situations? The first one: Dude, angle it out of bounds - at worst it goes into the end zone and they start at the 20. How hard is that? The second one: Do NOT kick it to him! And if due to some brain fart you can't manage that, get some air under that damn ball. Criminy.

The bolded part I do not agree with - at least as it pertains to this game. For the carries they were given, I think Jackson and Kuhn did fine work. I also think that had the penalties not occurred that negated scores and turnovers, we would have seen more running and thus a more respectable-looking total. The game was not lost because of lack of run-game production, and I believe the situation led them away from the run game, not lack of production. Overall, I can see some merit to the idea of getting someone else in, but not as it relates to that specific game.

But back to the important part: Who the hell kicks to Devin Hester?
blank
djcubez
13 years ago

The way I look at it is we played terrible and narrowly lost to a rival on their field. We play half way decent and we win the game easy. I talked to Bear fans today who all said the better team lost.

Eighteen penalties for over 150 yards, a PR for a TD, a lousy line drive punt that gave good FP right before halftime, a blocked FG, three INT's we had then didn't have, a TD called back on what I thought was a ticky tack holding call, and NONE of it did us in until Jones fumbles in their territory.

I mean come on. We play even half way decent and it's a win by two TD's.

I won't say we won't play some poor football along the way but I also highly doubt we will see a game where it's just mistake after mistake after mistake and it lasts all game long.

I said in the Bears thread this week that when the Bears win it's always ugly but this one really takes the cake. They GOT a W Monday but they didn't earn it. We just went out and gave it to them.

People want to analyize and dig and figure and ponder,bitch at McCarthy, and scream about a lack of running game, but the bottom line is we puked and no matter how many times we screwed up the Bears were "barely" good enough to do anything with it and lucked up on a win.

Spend a week on it if it makes you feel better. Pretty much a waste of time worrying about it as far as I'm concerned.

"warhawk" wrote:

+1 Warhawk this is how I felt. Here are a few of my drunk text musings with my friends last night:

- There were so many penalties it got hard to get much of a feel for either team during the game. The flow was so disrupted at points nobody could really get into a good rhythm.
- The only thing that stopped us from winning this game was ourselves
- We spotted the Bears 18 penalties and it still took a last second FG for them to win the game
- We basically dominated them and lost
- We were clearly the better team and a boatload of poorly timed mistakes cost us the game
- The Bears have been getting EXTREMELY lucky so far this season. I want to see what kind of team they are when they don't catch a break
- Both teams left a lot of points off the board. The Bears left 10 points off (Gould missed FG at the start of the game, dropped catch in the end zone) and the Packers left a good 7 off (negated TD, blocked FG)
- Two penalties in the red zone? This is what upsets me about McCarthy. We get into the red zone and we are driving good and then there's an offensive penalty that sets us ten yards back. In both of these situations last night we seemed content to just play for the FG after the penalty instead of take a shot at the TD. This annoys me. With our offense we should be going for the jugular every damn game, no matter the score or the opponent. There is no reason we shouldn't be trying to put up as many points as possible.
- Our offense drove down the field well for the most of the game. Rodgers looked magnificent.
- If our DB's could catch a little better and we lose a few of those penalties were looking at a 6 interception game for Cutler.

I hope this game lights a fire under our ass like Tampa last year.
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
I suggested to Porforis that he create this thread, and I can't remember if I plussed him up last night, so I will do it here. +1 and good work.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (1h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (3h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (3h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (3h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (4h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (4h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (15h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (16h) : damn those vikings
beast (17h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (17h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (17h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (17h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (17h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2m / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

23m / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.