go.pack.go.
13 years ago
Amazing how much some fans will complain when we are 3-1.
UserPostedImage
DGB454
13 years ago

I don't watch the Packers play for the win. I watch the Packers because I love football. It is always so much better when they win. But I will sit in the stands on a 34 deg and rainy day until the last snap in a blow out loss. Even if it was the last game of an 0-16 season. Because watching the Packers lose is better than not having the Packers.

Would you rather be a Viking fan with the real possibility of a team that last year missed the Superbowl by one play and facing the real possibility of the team moving to LA because they can't fill the stands in MN?

Come on people, suck it up. Are we or are we not better than Vikings fans?

"Dexter_Sinister" wrote:

Good point. Maybe my attitude towards Packer football this season has more to do with poor working conditions than the team.... I hope. I really want to be excited about the Packers. I'll come around sooner or later.
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

"go.pack.go." wrote:

We = Spoiled.
UserPostedImage
porky88
13 years ago
There are two ways to look at this.

1. Green Bay is 3-1 and the Packers should feel content because it's tough to win in the NFL. That is true.

2. Green Bay is 3-1 and they haven't played their best football yet. I think we can all agree that this team isn't playing it's A game quite yet. Look at last season. The team started 4-4 and then made a run. Imagine how good they'll be if/when they get hot this season?

Hopefully, the Packers continue to improve. It's a long season, but they did not deserve to win this game. Detroit outplayed them. Then again, Green Bay outplayed Chicago and loss. Maybe penalties do matter and maybe the Packers are what they are right now.
evad04
13 years ago

Sean Payton continually lets teams hover around, and can't put 'em away. They beat the Panthers by two today, they blew it against the Falcs last week, and they barely beat the winless Niners.

All that offensive talent and they can't score? I think Payton is holding them back.

I'm concerned about him as a head coach.

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

Hehe. True enough, true enough. I tell you what man...I'd rather have lost the playoff game last year and be the Packers of this year than the other way around. Whooboy those Cards just suck completely this year, don't they? All that said, and point taken, don't you truly believe we're under-performing and working against ourselves?

"evad04" wrote:

I absolutely believe that the Pack have been their own worst enemy this year. I think the evidence is overwhelming. I have been disappointed with the performances.

What I take particular issue with, however, is the loosely applied gut-feelings and misappropriated criticisms, 95% of which go towards the head coach.

People are not only overtly aggressive towards the head coach, but some of the actual arguments against him are fallacious.

McCarthy has become a quarterback in a way, only he gets little or no credit. Quarterbacks get a disproportionate amount of the accolades as well as the blame -- our head coach only gets the ladder. I come off as a pathetic apologist, but I at least attempt to ground my ideas in analysis. I don't depend on my fucking "gut" like too many on here.

I'm sick of the divisive nature associated with fandom. For so long I've held on to the idea that Packer fans are different; better, even. That's not the case. Everyone has an opinion and they rarely support it (if they do it fails, IMO, under the microscope). When there is an issue with the team it is boiled down to black and white where the blame must consequentially be applied to one or at max two persons. The tone is reactionary, emotional, and severely lacking in ... I don't know ... fun?

We have talked a lot about the Packers expectations getting to their heads. What about our collective heads? It seems anymore like all we do is bitch, blame, bitch, bitch, blame, and bitch. Is this Minnesota? Moreover, I think the expectations have led to a disgusting sense of entitlement. We seem like a bunch of joyless chainsmoking trolls.

This is Green Bay football. Let's have some fun. Sorry for the rant.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
TengoJuego
13 years ago

This is Green Bay football. Let's have some fun. Sorry for the rant.

"evad04" wrote:

Dont be. It was a sensible post lending great advice to us Packer fans. One that a lot of this board should read.
13 years ago

We = Spoiled.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Yes, this is very true and I just said the same thing to a co-worker this morning. However, this is also true:

We = Playing Kinda Shitty

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

tonyagnese
13 years ago

We = Spoiled.

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

We = Playing Kinda Shitty

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

As is most of the NFC at this point.
blank
yooperfan
13 years ago

"go.pack.go." wrote:

Fans have the right to criticize as well as applaude. Not everyone has to be a lemming thinking a very ugly 3-1 record is a good thing.
I didn't like all the Super Bowl talk going into the season and I'm here to tell you that at this point in time this team is unworthy of those high accolades.
ILikeThePackers39
13 years ago
I learned long ago not to try to out-detail you lot - I simply don't watch as closely. My thoughts, which are more generalized in nature:

- Haven't seen a lot of respect for the Lions. Should have beat the Bears in Chicago (and at this point we can say that Chicago's D is for real), fought the Eagles (with Vick) tough, and gave the Vikings a good game in the dome. They're not a great team, but they're vastly better than they were just a year ago and they're getting better, especially on defense. Not to crown them, they've got a way to go yet - but they played well yesterday.

- Rodgers threw a couple boners - acknowledging that isn't a bad thing. It'll happen - he learned from the king of the boners, and to be frank those throws were reminiscent. Again, it happens. Greg should have at least knocked the second one down, and he didn't. Happens.

- I rather think Shields was missed a little bit out there, yesterday. Same with Burnette once he went out. They were getting comfortable and that continuity wasn't there. Johnson getting over doesn't surprise me at all - dude's a beast, and you're not going to just shut him down every time.

- Those screens were annoying as hell - I hate when the other team hits on something that always manages to work.

- Overall, when you've got pretty much 3 turnovers in successive possessions (hell, damn near successive plays), I think we owe the defense a very big thank you for holding them to field goals that a lesser kicker might have missed. They were far from perfect, but they managed not to let all those yards translate to points, and they were on the field WAY too long.

- HOLD ON TO THE DAMN BALL, JORDY!

- Running game. I love B-Jack, but I may just have to concede that perhaps he can't cut it as the lead back in this offense. 9 carries is hardly enough of a sample size, but Kuhn was clearly spotting and hitting creases more effectively, and B-Jack was clearly dancing too much. So that's on him. Not using either the run or a short passing scheme to keep the offense on the field, that's on someone else. 3 play TD drives look great, but unless you KNOW you're going to get that TD in 3 plays, you need to be effective in smaller chunks, as well.

- It was a win, and a more impressive win than some here might believe - Detroit fought hard and competed well, and the Packers pulled it out when they had to. There were negatives and there are certainly areas of concern, but 3-1 does not suck.
blank