Finley88Beast
13 years ago
I'm letting you now all know for now on if you don't like what I post just ignore me and do not post anything about my posts it just makes it worse and ruins the forums.I did take this far and get mad about it but now im fine and will just ignore you if you comment about my posts.

On another note about ruining the forums take this into consideration..
People are trying to talk about football and packer ball,now if you see some post and if you do not like the post don't comment about it and ignore it.It will make the forums better and will not cause problems.

Thanks and srry for making this a fuss.
A Quote from my brother Mike(Bears Fan)
"Fucking Greg Jennings"
After he makes a catch
4PackGirl
13 years ago
umm ok don't know what i missed but we're a dysfunctional family here. we fight, argue, leave, come back, leave again, & always end up friends.

i think it's what makes this site unique. you joined a little over a month ago, right? just give it time, my newbie friend. 😃
dfosterf
13 years ago
You are going to get some shit for putting up bad posts...spelling, punctuation, etc.

Here.

I don't give a shit what happens on other forums. That is what is going to happen.

Here.

The people that give you shit will also get shit for giving you shit, trust me.

Here.

Learn to deal, or learn how to spell, or learn to take as much time in your initial submissions as you do complaining about members that mess with you when you do not.

Here.

The "people" you speak of are us. "I" am us. "You" are us. Others that bitch are "us".

Amazingly, we have somehow survived without your "expert" advice on how to roll on a forum thus far.

Save your lecture on how to make this a better place for some other forum, friend.

We don't care if it causes problems, at least I don't.

The hints are not subtle.

Like Non already TOLD you, if you want to advise others on what is dumb around here, at least learn how to spell the fucking word dumb.

Habla?

(Eagerly anticipates the lecture I'm gonna get from Zero for this post, lol)
Cheesey
13 years ago
It's a crazy forum
HERE
but it's my favorite
HERE
I will never stop coming
HERE
I LOVE me some PackersHome
HERE
I get some negative comments
HERE
about some of my posts
HERE
But have learned that there is a natural "give and take"
HERE
LOLOLOLOL!!!!

HERE!
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

I'm letting you now all know for now on if you don't like what I post just ignore me and do not post anything about my posts it just makes it worse and ruins the forums.I did take this far and get mad about it but now im fine and will just ignore you if you comment about my posts.

On another note about ruining the forums take this into consideration..
People are trying to talk about football and packer ball,now if you see some post and if you do not like the post don't comment about it and ignore it.It will make the forums better and will not cause problems.

Thanks and srry for making this a fuss.

"Finley88Beast" wrote:

At first, I thought I read something about how the forums are 'run' and realized it was 'ruin'. Gasket, covered.

So, you say you want less drama and then say others should ignore your comments if they can't handle it, but then you don't practice the ignoring tactic you preach upon?

Look, it bugs the shit out of me when people type in short hand or spell incorrectly or run on sentences. And when I say bugs, I mean, it makes me think LESS of the content posted and derails my perception. I think 'wow if they can't even spell should I take their words seriously?' With that said, everyone, EVERYONE makes mistakes. Where it gets me is when someone calls someone else out, then has many errors themselves or even one glaring one.

Since I know Rourke can handle it, I'll use him. He often calls out "journalists" for their lack of quality, yet he refuses to spend the time to write up articles himself for others to critique.

Some will say, then you shouldn't say a QB is bad unless you're going to do it better for all of us to see. That's vastly different as that's a lot harder to prove. Writing an article vs playing in a NFL game ... which is feasible to prove?

Rourke is known for gripping about a lot of things and often times is correct. However, he made one, very, very big mistake with saying Ryan Grant was undergoing an amputation. That right there should silence him, but it hasn't. For all the griping he's done, to make a blunder of that magnitude, should shut anyone up on critiquing others on spelling, grammar, etc.

I jump Rourke more than others because I respect him and his thoughts and I believe he knows I do not mean it in a personal manner. I also believe you should practice what you preach. If you're going to call someone out for something, you better not make mistakes yourself. Or at least be prepared to have it thrown in your face.

I do not care if someone corrects a members grammar or spelling, or what not. It's in the manner of which it is carried out that gets my attention.

My beef with correcting others is when its done like this "haha you idiot you cant even spell simple words in the English language haha u moron" That bothers me.

I think the more [strike]proper[/strike] gooder ( i like gooder ) way is to simply bring it to their attention and move along. If you're only response to the thread is about the error, that there is bad and does not sit well with me.

Hey, I think you meant "dumb" not "dum" but anyhow, this is how I feel about the topic and this is why I feel this way and that's just how I've always thought about this topic.

If you make a mistake, its noted, I think you should use the UserPostedImage button and correct it. Or do not respond to the correction and focus on the topic instead.

For some people, they need to correct others in order to feel important or to have given value to the site.

The things dfosterf said are true as well.

I urge everyone to read this post  several times and understand it's intent.

We all (myself included) need to have thicker skin, better understanding and collectively an appreciation that we all make mistakes and my lord, its okay to admit them.

I know for myself, I often forget how greatly I am misunderstood and with knowing that, I often times go back over my posts to see how much of an asshole I was and if I can "fix" the damage I've done. Sometimes its too late, sometimes its not. Point is, you have to make the effort, and in your case, its just ignoring those folks who correct you, or take more time spelling correctly. 🙂
UserPostedImage
4PackGirl
13 years ago
me likey foster. 😉
zombieslayer
13 years ago

umm ok don't know what i missed but we're a dysfunctional family here. we fight, argue, leave, come back, leave again, & always end up friends.

i think it's what makes this site unique. you joined a little over a month ago, right? just give it time, my newbie friend. :D

"4PackGirl" wrote:

Finley - What 4Pack says. We fight and argue all the time but we're all friends. I've offended and been offended. I've hurt people's feelings unnecessarily and I've been hurt by things I shouldn't really been hurt by.

That doesn't mean we don't like you.

A few things of advice. First off, don't let it bother you. You'll get used to it, as 4Pack said. Secondly, please use spell check. My spelling sucks, but thankfully Firefox puts a red line under every time I do a stupid spelling. Then I right-click on the red and Firefox fixes it for me.

Third - cut your stuff into paragraphs. It's much easier on the eyes. A lot of us are old. I think 4Pack is in her 70s. Cheesey is 92. Foster is 106 and fought in WWI. Rourke says he's 28 but he's really 56. (He always halves his age). Much easier on those old folks. For young people like you and me (I'm 22), it's not such an issue.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
4PackGirl
13 years ago
me hatey zombie!!!
MontanaBob
13 years ago
Wow..........Julie,Cheesey and Foster are actually older than I am? I love this site.......each day someone else is going to be older than I am. Man, two weeks from now I'll be the youngest here.

BTW, did I, along with 4packgirl, miss something from the original poster?

Here, Here!
Anyone for a Weenie Roast?
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
13 years ago

i think it's what makes this site unique. you joined a little over a month ago, right? just give it time, my newbie friend. :D

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Finley - What 4Pack says. We fight and argue all the time but we're all friends. I've offended and been offended. I've hurt people's feelings unnecessarily and I've been hurt by things I shouldn't really been hurt by.

That doesn't mean we don't like you.

A few things of advice. First off, don't let it bother you. You'll get used to it, as 4Pack said. Secondly, please use spell check. My spelling sucks, but thankfully Firefox puts a red line under every time I do a stupid spelling. Then I right-click on the red and Firefox fixes it for me.

Third - cut your stuff into paragraphs. It's much easier on the eyes. A lot of us are old. I think 4Pack is in her 70s. Cheesey is 92. Foster is 106 and fought in WWI. Rourke says he's 28 but he's really 56. (He always halves his age). Much easier on those old folks. For young people like you and me (I'm 22), it's not such an issue.

"4PackGirl" wrote:

er...its 136 and the SpanishAmerican War.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.