Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
13 years ago
1) Williams is quietly becoming the best cover guy on this team.

2) Woodson is freaking good, I mean he was all over Johnson (albeit in a couple cases in the "yellow" territory).. he wasn't beat much all day.

3) Calvin Johnson is in the conversation with Andre Johnson as the league's best current receiver. Dude is that good.

4) Suh is the the real deal, kid is a player inside for the Lions.. he teamed with Williams makes a very solid interior for that defense.

5) We still have lapses in the communication of pickups in the interior of our offensive line, Wells and Sitton turned Suh over to Colledge on Suh's sack.. Colledge was going outside.. someone whiffed on the read and assignment.

6) I fail to understand why Mike McCarthy tries to run left more than right.. Sitton and Tauscher seem to be better in opening a hole than Colledge and Cliffy.

7) Jenkins is playing at a high level and energy.. contract or not.. dude is playing some ball; club and all.

8.) Collins has unreal range.. might make some mental mistakes.. but I don't know if you can find a more rangy safety in the game.. physically he is that special.

9) Jackson ran with some pop under his pads yesterday.. good to see.. Kuhn isn't a threat to take one to the house, but what a "thumper" for a back.

10) Neal made a difference yesterday.. some much needed help and rotation for the line.

11) Pickett really moves well for a bigg'n..

12) Crabtree and Finley are very solid as blockers..

13) That Finley TD was one of those "Wow" plays.. when we turned the team over to Rodgers, I thought the days of those "Wow" throws would be limited.. boy was I wrong. That was an amazing throw and catch.. that was special.

14) Driver seemed to be rather quite yesterday.. yes he caught a TD early.. but not much of those staple "Driver catches".

15) Our Punting issues haven't disappeared.. are we cursed with inconsistency at that spot since with cut Ryan, for what they pointed to as inconsistency? Karma? Whatever it is.. you can't be called a pro with a shank like that in a game. Maybe just a rare mistake.. color me skeptical. 😉
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
all_about_da_packers
13 years ago
Megatron is friggin bad ass indeed.

Getting back to the Packers, it is obvious that our zone D - rather our zone communication - is pretty pathetic. Which poses interesting problems for us this week; we are clearly not our best in zone Defense. Yet to run more man-to-man 2 deep safties means we give McNabb an invitation to run when our players backs our turned. With Martin now starter at safety, I wonder if we run more single high Safety with the hopes of having Martin (or Collins, whom I'd rather have out in coverage) play more of containment role against McNabb.

Tramon, in my opinion, has been the best corner on this team, and that is saying something considering we Woodson back there. If Al can come back healthy, we could very well have 3 really good corners that could do wonders for our pass defense.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Rockmolder
13 years ago
Two things that deserve some more clarification, imo...

Sitton. I know you mentioned him, but man, he took Suh out of the game. I saw Suh roaming around in the backfield once... That was when he and Williams stunted and Suh got matched up with Colledge. Sitton just shut him down. I was amazed when he did it to Tommie Harris and I was amazed yesterday.

Aaron Rodgers' 2nd pick. I bet that Rodgers would (and should) make that throw every time. I saw some pissy reactions to that pick in the chat, but when you have Greg Jennings one on one with Chris Houston, you just try to make that throw.

And Greg should've had that one.
Tezzy
13 years ago

Two things that deserve some more clarification, imo...

Sitton. I know you mentioned him, but man, he took Suh out of the game. I saw Suh roaming around in the backfield once... That was when he and Williams stunted and Suh got matched up with Colledge. Sitton just shut him down. I was amazed when he did it to Tommie Harris and I was amazed yesterday.

Aaron Rodgers' 2nd pick. I bet that Rodgers would (and should) make that throw every time. I saw some pissy reactions to that pick in the chat, but when you have Greg Jennings one on one with Chris Houston, you just try to make that throw.

And Greg should've had that one.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Yeah, that second pick is all on Greg. His quarterback gives him a ball to make a play on and just didn't come through. I hope Rodgers would throw that 100 out of 100 times because it was open and is money.
On top of every beard grows a man.
"The Bears are shell-shocked... and it's breaking my heart."
zombieslayer
13 years ago
Good points.

Jackson must have read this board as the criticisms we had for him last week, he fixed. Remember how slow he was when he hit the line of scrimmage? Well, now he's hitting it full blast.

Kuhn is a beast and hurts people. No, he's not going to have long runs. But he'll hurt people.

I'm not that worried about our running game. No, not burying my head in the sand. Let's see what this new kid has to offer when he joins the team before we panic about it.

The O was fine yesterday. That one INT to Gregorious was a fluke. The other INT was one poorly underthrown ball. Don't panic, folks. Rodgers is alright.

The problem yesterday wasn't our O. It was our D. We left them on the field forever. Every time I looked up, the Lions had the ball. WTF? Our STs need work. They're looking like last year's STs.

Kudos to Woody (NOBODY could have covered that TD pass, so lay off Woody) for doing a fine job, CM3, Jenkins, Raji, Nick Collins, & AJ Hawk, but why couldn't we get them off the field yesterday? That's what we need to be asking. NOT panicking about our O. The little time we were on the field, besides those 2 INTs, we were looking pretty good.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Timmons
13 years ago
I have some quick hits that I will add:

1.) Can we take away the short throws as well? How many short completions do we allow before we realize that it's working? Is this due to weak zone coverage or too much blitzing? I don't know how to cure it, yet I know I hate watching it.

2.) We need a legit threat at RB. If we don't trade for one now, we're not going far this season.

3.) Overall, I've gone from expecting wins every game to hoping that we do win. With our crappy performances over the last two games, I am dissatisfied with our offenses' ability to keep the intensity for every drive, and our defense needs to earn more three and outs, early and often.

I know we won the game, but I don't think we earned it. I think the lions penalties are why we won. I would like to see some good hard football played by the Pack. On top of that, I would actually like to see AJ Hawk knock a ball carrier on his ass and send a message.

Thanks for reading. My rant is complete... for now.
blank
Yerko
13 years ago
I was very impressed with the Lions and I didn't think the Packers were in any position for this game to be considered a blow out. For the record, I am glad the Lions are up-n-coming...it makes for better football games and a stronger schedule.

1. What happened to our rush defense yesterday? Jahvid Best is going to be a great running back. Very shifty and follows his blocks well. He had 50 yards on 12 attempts.

2. Did anyone else cover their eyes on 3rd down, regardless of the distance? I did...This defense is a total hit or miss and what really terrifies me is a very good team (many of the games upcoming) will tear this defense to shreds on 3rd down. I was waiting to see how long it would take Capers to try and stop the short dump-offs and screens. I read that he doesn't care about the short pass game, well...you should on 3rd and 9 or below DOM!

Positive....sorry for the 1st two.

3. Rodgers was still good minus his low number of attempts and 2 int's, one not being 100% his fault. I thought the commentators touched on something important during the game. They had said Rodgers was saying Finley is the kind of guy that makes the pass an open pass (or something along those lines)? Meaning he can throw the ball even when Fin is covered and he will make it look like he was wide open. I think this holds true for all of our receivers, which is why Rodgers was pissed on that int.

4. Our running game worked when it mattered. I'm still "for" getting a running back in Green Bay (lets face it, its not happening). Kuhn proved a lot, to the viewers eye that he can be our #1 when need be. He fights for yardage on every.single.play. You can't hate that.

5. I learned this from my Bears fan friends.... *A win is a win*. We won in ugly fashion and in the end, the Packers are 3-1. They better wake up though because the next 5 weeks are going to be TOUGH.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
13 years ago

I know we won the game, but I don't think we earned it. I think the lions penalties are why we won. I would like to see some good hard football played by the Pack. On top of that, I would actually like to see AJ Hawk knock a ball carrier on his ass and send a message.

"Timmons" wrote:

+1.. In a round about fashion my thoughts.. anyone sleeping on the Lions and this staff currently in control is set for a rude awakening.. they are erasing the years of piss poor management from Millen.

The 3 brothers of the NFCN should really buy Millen a present.. he set that franchise back for a couple of season past his dismissal.

Zero.. has an attitude thread going.. IMO.. we are not playing with much intensity and fire.. kind of a staple under MM.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
zombieslayer
13 years ago
I'm seeing too much overreacting.

The Lions are better than everyone else thinks. Shawn Hill put up a heck of a game. The Lions, yes, the Lions, just may well have the best WRs in the NFC. I'm not joking either.

I'm not calling off my prediction of us winning the SB this year. I'm still feeling good about it.

Fact of the matter is we're 3-1. The Saints last year won some weird games by close margins. All that really matters is winning. We won. It was ugly, but we won. The better team got the W.

Bring on the Skins. Next.

EDIT: Not at all implying that we're not perfect. Let's not forget the Saints won the SB last year with a D that makes our current one look like champs. Yes, we need to fix problems. We're a work in progress. The comments that bother me are the ones that say we're doomed. We are not doomed. Far from it. We will finish this year with 10+ wins. Easily.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago
While I am not implying this is the Lion's of the last few years, I have to laugh when I read the posts about "how good Detroit is". Last I checked they are 0-4. They are not as pathetic as they have been. They have some nice core players. But all and all they have a long way to go before they come a quality team.

Step 1 is to win at least one game.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (20h) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (21h) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.