Finley88Beast
13 years ago
Strength-The Packers strength in this game will be are Pass Rush no Clay Matthews or not(Pretty Confident he could play but im no expert 😛 )
More Players than Clay Matthews got pressure on the QB last game.Cullen Jenkins is so consistent at least 1 sack in each game so exciting to watch him and he got so much pressure as well.Mike Neal is also a good pass rusher he emerged last game with a sack and getting some pressure.And many more players that can pass rush BJ Raji,Zombo,Bisop,Woodson.We should give a young struggling QB in Chad Henne trouble and force maybe turnovers.

Weakness-It's hard to choose there is a couple of options...I could say are run game but it is improving each week.Are Offensive line could be the weakness especially with a good pass rusher in Cameran Wake watched him last week against the Pats hes like another Clay Matthews a moter that never stops.Bulaga could start again he did i guess a nice job on orakpo but we gave up a season high 4 sacks last game.This could be are weakness for the game.

How we will win the game-we need to be more balanced on offense believe it or not passing the whole game won't cut it.Jackson is improving each week lets get him the ball more.

Lets get back to the west coast offense and not a sort of spread offense Ik we want all are playmakers out but we need a rhythm in are offense.We should throw more screens it was a part of are offense that was a success last year.I saw 2 screens last game both plays worked out well 1 pass to jackson that got a good amount of yards,a staple that used to be in are offense were it was a run/pass bubble screen that got good yards.

So to win we need to be balanced on offense and get into a rhythm we dont need to spread it out all the time to get into a rhythm.
A Quote from my brother Mike(Bears Fan)
"Fucking Greg Jennings"
After he makes a catch
Chutzpah515
13 years ago
Jackson is better, but anyone can improve from zero!
UserPostedImage
djcubez
13 years ago
I agree we need to get the screen back in our game plan. We don't have the greatest o-line and the screen is a play designed to cover that weakness.
nerdmann
13 years ago
Bjack can catch, but not well enough to run screens. For that we need Starks or Porter.
As far as Clay, I would hold him out in preparation for the Queens game the following week. Make sure you have him for that game. MM's career will be over if he gets de-pantsed by Favre again this year.
So let Clay rest that hammy, and run a 4-3 for this week. It's our Dlinemen who will be getting penetration. Neal, Raji, Jenkins mainly. I wouldn't be relying on Brad Jones or Poppinga. Zombo might get a little pressure, but I wouldn't count on it being consistent.
And put Bishop in the middle. Let Hawk be second string. If Bishop is capable of calling the defensive signals.
In fact, I'd even line Zombo up as a down lineman at defensive end. That's the position he played in college. He might be more effective in that position than as a 3-4 OLB.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
PackFanWithTwins
13 years ago
Strength should still be the D.

Weakness is Special Teams.

To win, use Jackson better. Run and catch. and get out of the shotgun once in a while. Shotgun is an advantage for Dline over Oline(except C)
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Finley88Beast
13 years ago

Bjack can catch, but not well enough to run screens. For that we need Starks or Porter.
As far as Clay, I would hold him out in preparation for the Queens game the following week. Make sure you have him for that game. Mike McCarthy's career will be over if he gets de-pantsed by Favre again this year.
So let Clay rest that hammy, and run a 4-3 for this week. It's our Dlinemen who will be getting penetration. Neal, Raji, Jenkins mainly. I wouldn't be relying on Brad Jones or Poppinga. Zombo might get a little pressure, but I wouldn't count on it being consistent.
And put Bishop in the middle. Let Hawk be second string. If Bishop is capable of calling the defensive signals.
In fact, I'd even line Zombo up as a down lineman at defensive end. That's the position he played in college. He might be more effective in that position than as a 3-4 OLB.

"nerdmann" wrote:

Switching schemes is not a good idea in which i dont think we would ever do that for one game.We will play 3-4 the whole season even thoe we use 2-4-5 package a lot.To sum it up that will prob. never happen,just because matthews is hurt doesn't mean we switch schemes.
"Fucking Greg Jennings"
After he makes a catch
PackFanWithTwins
13 years ago

[quote="nerdmann"]Bjack can catch, but not well enough to run screens. For that we need Starks or Porter.
As far as Clay, I would hold him out in preparation for the Queens game the following week. Make sure you have him for that game. Mike McCarthy's career will be over if he gets de-pantsed by Favre again this year.

"Finley88Beast" wrote:

If we want a pass rush, I would say 3-3-5. Shift Jenks outside, with Raji and Neal and Zombo/Jones. I think that would still get good pressure without blitzing
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
nerdmann
13 years ago

"Finley88Beast" wrote:

Switching schemes is not a good idea in which i dont think we would ever do that for one game.We will play 3-4 the whole season even thoe we use 2-4-5 package a lot.To sum it up that will prob. never happen,just because matthews is hurt doesn't mean we switch schemes.

"nerdmann" wrote:

I disagree. If anyone is willing to taylor his formations to his players, it's Capers. Hell, he's gone with ONE Dlinemen at times. LOL.
I'll tell you something else. We might be BETTER OFF if Flynn starts in place of Rodgers this week. I said that about Brad Jones last year when Kampy went down. I say it again.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Finley88Beast
13 years ago

"nerdmann" wrote:

"Finley88Beast" wrote:

I disagree. If anyone is willing to taylor his formations to his players, it's Capers. Hell, he's gone with ONE Dlinemen at times. LOL.
I'll tell you something else. We might be BETTER OFF if Flynn starts in place of Rodgers this week. I said that about Brad Jones last year when Kampy went down. I say it again.

"nerdmann" wrote:

Well you sounded like we should change the scheme completely i got misleaded a little bit.But basicly the phyco package is a sub package and not a scheme idk if capers will use a 4-3 defense just because matthews cant go or not.But if we use a 3-4 i say still use it what will a 4-3 defense do better than a 3-4?I mean we dont got the personal anymore that can rush like that.4-3 is a bad D imo i hate it i love the 3-4 its unpredictable plus we barley used the 3-4 this year we play alot of 2-4-5.I dont like the idea is what im trying to say.

"taylor his formations to his players" is what you said,Well are personal this time won't fit a 4-3 better than a 3-4 ik he does taylor his formations to the personal lets see what he does is we have athletic LB's and a big guy in jenkins thats a pass rusher so we took that and made it the phyco.Now lets look at if we went for some 4-3 packages jenkins,raji,?,neal not gonna work.Don't like it..Even if we put zombo as a Defensive end it would leave less depth at OLB.I think it would make it confusing and it would not work out well.I mean Ik what your trying to say but i dont think that will happen when matthews may play or he misses a week he is not the defense and if he's out we dont need a 4-3 more so than a 3-4.
"Fucking Greg Jennings"
After he makes a catch
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14h) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (14h) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (20h) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.