buckeyepackfan
13 years ago
If these reports have been posted somewhere else, feel free to delete this. Thought I would just put them all in one thread.

Not too much good news. Gonna be a topugh week

Packers | Jermichael Finley injury update
Comment (0)

Mon, 11 Oct 2010 11:46:23 -0700

Updating previous reports, Green Bay Packers TE Jermichael Finley (knee) is expected to miss three to six weeks because of surgery on a torn meniscus, a source told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's Greg A. Bedard.

Packers | Derrick Martin to be out for a while
Comment (0)

Mon, 11 Oct 2010 10:40:26 -0700

Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy said FS Derrick Martin (knee) will be out for a while with a knee injury, reports Mike Vandermause, of the Green Bay Press-Gazette.

Packers | Aaron Rodgers will miss practice time
Comment (0)

Mon, 11 Oct 2010 10:37:52 -0700

Updating previous reports, Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers (concussion) will miss practice time this week and could miss Week 6, reports Mike Vandermause, of the Green Bay Press-Gazette. Rodgers will need to undergo the concussion protocol before being considered to play.

Packers | Clay Matthews injury update
Comment (0)

Mon, 11 Oct 2010 10:34:23 -0700

Updating a previous report, Green Bay Packers LB Clay Matthews (hamstring) has a strained hamstring but the injury is not severe as his earlier hamstring injury, reports Mike Vandermause, of the Green Bay Press-Gazette.

http://www.kffl.com/team/17/nfl#ixzz128kHIVhJ 
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
millertime
13 years ago
This should be interesting stretch of games. I fully expect Rodgers to play. Immediately after he took the helmet to helmet hit in overtime he raised up his arms to complain about the no call. If you have a serious concussion you usually would be that aware. That being said, concussion are tricky illnesses. They affect different people differently.

Martin was playing well and it hurt to lose his ST presence. I would not be surprised if they IR him to elevate one our PUP guys, like Bigby. Collins and Bigby are a proven duo. So that should ease concerns there. At inside backer, Bishop can play. He's going to help our run D as long as we don't expose him in coverage. With him and Hawk in there, you know teams will be dying to get their TEs and RBs in one-on-one match ups. If CM3 misses extended time, we better hope our offense is ready to put some points on the board.

On offense, the loss of the TEs will hurt our versatility. We are left with two 1 dimensional TEs healthy: Quarless the receiver and Crabtree the blocker. But like many on this board, I am anxious to see what our offense will look like when A Rod spread the ball out more. I expect McCarthy to bring back the WR slant to Driver and Jennings. That play has been money on 1st down for 7-12 yards. I haven't seen it this year, which is dissappointing. I also expect more 4 WR sets, which get worse players on the field for the defense (few teams have great dime CBs). If Tauscher stays hurt, Bulaga is getting great reps at RT, building on future success.

This really could be one of those baptism by fire stretch of games: Dolphins, Vikings, Jets, Cowboys, before our bye week. This is where we will see what our team, coach, and QB are made out of. I'm actually excited.

Also, remember that this team is not as bad as you think. We are six points away from being the only 5-0 team. We played like absolute dog shit and still almost (and arguably should have) won the Bears and Redskins game. This is most level playing field I've ever seen in the NFL. 9 or 10 wins will likely get you a playoff spot this year.
rabidgopher04
13 years ago

Updating previous reports, Green Bay Packers TE Jermichael Finley (knee) is expected to miss three to six weeks because of surgery on a torn meniscus, a source told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's Greg A. Bedard.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

Poor guy, he's screwed for life. If they have to remove the meniscus I guarantee he will start feeling arthritic pains within 2 years. If they can repair it, my guess is that it will tear again at some point in his life. I know all this from personal experience.
Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
musccy
13 years ago
I was thinking the same thing millertime.

Admitedly I'm doing everything possible to make a + out of a -, but the packers have a group of wrs that many consider to be the deepest in the NFL, and to this point have been under utilized, in part due to the mismatch threat that JF brought.

I don't know if this is a blessing in disguise, but I am cautiously optomistic that the team can weather the storm with all of their WR talent, and quarless/crabtree appear to at least be servicable.
PackFanWithTwins
13 years ago

"rabidgopher04" wrote:

Poor guy, he's screwed for life. If they have to remove the meniscus I guarantee he will start feeling arthritic pains within 2 years. If they can repair it, my guess is that it will tear again at some point in his life. I know all this from personal experience.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

Had a tear in mine about 10 years ago. They were able to just do a partial removal. Finley is young he may still have enough blood flow to the muniscus to allow a repair.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
doddpower
13 years ago

"rabidgopher04" wrote:

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

Wow, I don't know much about this stuff but that doesn't sound like good news.

So far Finley has had some bad luck with his knee. I hope he can overcome that because a bad knee could significantly limit his athletic ability.
bozz_2006
13 years ago
You're painting a pretty bleak picture Millertime! We don't all experience things the same way. When I was 15 I had an operation to remove torn and damaged meniscus, along with a full lateral release. So that was 12 years ago. I have slight discomfort most of the time, pain with overuse, and arthritis pain when the barometric pressure is in transition. I have learned to live with it. I would imagine the amount of pain and arthritis is directly impacted by how much of the cartilage needs to be removed and the location of the damage. That said, I hope Finley the best, and you too.
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
13 years ago
I think I heard Clay mention the hammy isnt as bad as what happened in pre season
nerdmann
13 years ago

You're painting a pretty bleak picture Millertime! We don't all experience things the same way. When I was 15 I had an operation to remove torn and damaged meniscus, along with a full lateral release. So that was 12 years ago. I have slight discomfort most of the time, pain with overuse, and arthritis pain when the barometric pressure is in transition. I have learned to live with it. I would imagine the amount of pain and arthritis is directly impacted by how much of the cartilage needs to be removed and the location of the damage. That said, I hope Finley the best, and you too.

"bozz_2006" wrote:

If you want to get rid of the pain, get some acupuncture. If you're in the Twin Cities, come see me. If you wanna boost your cartilege, try this:
One packet of knox gelatin, three times a day. dissolve it in water. I sweeten it with stevia to make it palatable. The magic secret to making this work is you then drink a SECOND glass of water to wash it down.
The people who just drink it with ONE glass of water have mixed results. Hydration is very important.
You could also try glucosamine, chondroitin and MSM, but knox gelatin is quite inexpensive.
Here's another thing. Eat bone marrow. You can get marrow bones at the grocery store, cheap. That's pure yin essence. Justin Harrell should load up on that stuff. Anyway, you can make a broth with it. Some people bake it and spread it on bread. Another method is you put a marrow bone in your crock pot overnight, filled with water. In the morning, you pour it into a jar in put it in the fridge. In the fridge, the fat will rise to the top and harden. Skim that off. You now have a good beef broth stock. You add veggies to it to make soup. Tastes alot better when you add veggies. Throw in some cayenne too. Cayenne, garlic and hawthorn will not only control blood pressure but clean out your arteries. Just a thought.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
dhazer
13 years ago

This should be interesting stretch of games. I fully expect Rodgers to play. Immediately after he took the helmet to helmet hit in overtime he raised up his arms to complain about the no call. If you have a serious concussion you usually would be that aware. That being said, concussion are tricky illnesses. They affect different people differently.

Martin was playing well and it hurt to lose his ST presence. I would not be surprised if they IR him to elevate one our PUP guys, like Bigby. Collins and Bigby are a proven duo. So that should ease concerns there. At inside backer, Bishop can play. He's going to help our run D as long as we don't expose him in coverage. With him and Hawk in there, you know teams will be dying to get their TEs and RBs in one-on-one match ups. If CM3 misses extended time, we better hope our offense is ready to put some points on the board.

On offense, the loss of the TEs will hurt our versatility. We are left with two 1 dimensional TEs healthy: Quarless the receiver and Crabtree the blocker. But like many on this board, I am anxious to see what our offense will look like when A Rod spread the ball out more. I expect McCarthy to bring back the WR slant to Driver and Jennings. That play has been money on 1st down for 7-12 yards. I haven't seen it this year, which is dissappointing. I also expect more 4 WR sets, which get worse players on the field for the defense (few teams have great dime CBs). If Tauscher stays hurt, Bulaga is getting great reps at RT, building on future success.

This really could be one of those baptism by fire stretch of games: Dolphins, Vikings, Jets, Cowboys, before our bye week. This is where we will see what our team, coach, and QB are made out of. I'm actually excited.

Also, remember that this team is not as bad as you think. We are six points away from being the only 5-0 team. We played like absolute dog shit and still almost (and arguably should have) won the Bears and Redskins game. This is most level playing field I've ever seen in the NFL. 9 or 10 wins will likely get you a playoff spot this year.

"millertime" wrote:

I liked your post Miller, but you could also look at it and say we are 9 points away from being a 1-4 team this year 😞 We were over hyped plain and simple. We had holes coming out of preseason and just wouldn't admit it.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.