Zero2Cool
13 years ago
http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/includes/news_items/44/news_items_more.php?id=4584§ion_id=44 

[img_r]http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/includes/news_items/44/4584/zombo.jpg[/img_r]Who wouldve thought Id be starting games for the Green Bay Packers? I was always one of the better players growing up, but Id like to think that Ive stayed the same. I havent gotten big-headed or anything like that, because I realize that this could be taken away from me tomorrow. I still am close with all my friends and family back home, and I always try to stay level-headed.

You see that hit that I had on Cutler, and its worth more than 75 grand. I mean, 75 hundred. (laughs) 75 grand, thatd really hurt. Its worth more than that $7,500 in the grand scheme of things. It was a good, solid hit that caused an interception and put the quarterback on the ground for a good minute. Thats the way Im looking at it.

The last few months have been a whirlwind. I dont know how to explain it. Ive come a long way. I still have a lot to accomplish. This could be taken away tomorrow. I have to play well my next game. I cant be looking back and saying, Look how far Ive come. I have to play well. But it is pretty cool to see how far Ive come.

Right now, Im driving a Ford F-150. Im not making all that much money this year. I mean, Im making more than most kids coming out of college. But Im not going out and buying a new car or a new house right away. Im going to save as much money as I can, because you never know what might happen. My dads always helped me out with having a car. In the summer, Id drive an Impala, and then in the winter Id drive the F-150 with the snow and stuff. My dad told me when we had $10,000 left to pay on the Impala, he said, You can take the Impala and pay the $10,000, or Ill give you the F-150 for free. I took the F-150.

My girlfriend Jessica and I have been together since I was in the 11th grade. Shes definitely been with me before all this, and shes put up with all the stress of football traveling, not really getting to see her all that much or not getting to see her as much as I should. Shes definitely a keeper. Seven years, thats a long time. Now that I am getting money, that might be the first thing I do splurge on a nice little ring for her. Shes been there through the tough and the hard, so shes definitely a keeper.

She lives in Ann Arbor right now, shes got a good job. So shes not going to be moving here anytime soon. We dont know how long this is going to last, and we want to save as much money as we can. She went to U of M. She was a year older than me.

I didnt like Michigan State. We played them at Central (Michigan) every year. Its a little rivalry thats started up. We beat them last year. I dont like Michigan or Michigan State.

I love the HBO Sunday night lineup with Entourage, Hung and True Blood. I was never a Turtle, and I hate Vince. Hes probably the worst character on there. My favorite character is Johnny Drama. And Ari. Im more like an Ari Gold, just running stuff in college.

You know, Ive really started getting into country, so theres a lot of that on my iPod. Zac Brown Band, I like them. Jack Johnson hes not country, but Im into him. I started getting into country just being in Green Bay, and in college. Its just more relaxing.

I just bought the DVDs of The Office, and I love em. I never really watched it, but I bought five seasons the other day and Im just going through them. I just sit in my room by myself and just laugh all day. Movies, my favorite is probably Forrest Gump. And any war movie, I really like.

I like Sammys Pizza, on Oneida Street. I like the homemade ravioli. Its pretty good. Being Italian, my dad makes a nice spaghetti sauce every Sunday that starts about 8 in the morning and we eat about 6 at night, and it cooks all day. So Im real particular about my spaghetti sauces, and I like theirs. But we havent gone to a whole lot of restaurants. She came last weekend, and I bought a couple chickens stuffed with some cheese and spinach and I cooked that up.

I like to cook, but Im more of a crock-pot guy. Or, somebody gives me a recipe and I follow that. I guess thats kind of cheating, though. My dads spaghetti sauce, thats a family recipe thats been passed on.

If they made my life into a movie, I think Id have Keanu Reeves play me. We look alike. (laughs)

Im not into Twitter. Facebook, I have it, and people write on my wall and stuff, and I thank them, but I dont keep track.

Ive been recognized a few times around town, but not a lot. If you go to a restaurant, youll have some girls buy you drinks or send some shots over. No thanks, Im OK. Then they act like they dont know who you are, or they dont know youre football players. But they know. Sometimes I go to the mall or a store and someone will know you. I think its all because I was on the Larry McCarren Show. I think thats where they recognized me from.

I talk to my parents each of them every day. Its been like that all through college. My dad was great as I was growing up and playing sports. You see a kid miss a shot in basketball or whatever, and their dad is over there yelling at them. My dad would never do that unless he saw me not giving 110 percent. That was really the only thing. He said, Ill never be upset with you, unless youre not trying your hardest.

I have one little brother whos a sophomore in college. Hes a smart kid, a real hard worker, and hes doing really well. He does dialysis procedures, and I go in and visit him at work sometimes. Its an older crowd that he takes care of, and they just love him. He goes to Oakland University in Michigan.

Walking out to Lambeau for the first time for the first game I played in that first start against the Colts (on Aug. 26), when I knew I was going to play a lot and I was going to have a big role that was quite an experience. Night game, Lambeau Field, sacking Peyton Manning it was just unreal.

Id love to play this game for as long as I can. I think I can do that, staying healthy, God willing. But Im just focused on this next game. Its really important. And Im not just saying that because everybody says that. Really, this game is very important to me. Im trying to secure a spot on this team for a long time, and this is the next step in doing that.

When I first came in for the rookie orientation camp, there were three of us undrafted outside linebackers me, Tim Knicky and John Russell. We had a good bond. Tim and I were real close, and Russells a great guy. I talked to Knicky about a month ago after I saw him on Hard Knocks. I always think about it, but I have to give him a call and see how hes doing. Who wouldve thought?

I think I came in as the last of the free agents. I remember coming into rookie orientation and thinking, Im last on the depth (chart). I was like, Wow, Ive really got my work cut out for me. But now look where Im at.

UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
13 years ago

You see a kid miss a shot in basketball or whatever, and their dad is over there yelling at them. My dad would never do that unless he saw me not giving 110 percent. That was really the only thing. He said, Ill never be upset with you, unless youre not trying your hardest.

Kudos to his father. My father was the same way. And I'm thankful for it.

Ford F-150 by the way is a damn good truck. Met a guy who is glad he was in a Ford F-150 when he was in a severe car wreck. The engine dropped and he survived the wreck due to its safety design. I don't remember the entire details.

You see that hit that I had on Cutler, and its worth more than 75 grand. I mean, 75 hundred. (laughs) 75 grand, thatd really hurt. Its worth more than that $7,500 in the grand scheme of things. It was a good, solid hit that caused an interception and put the quarterback on the ground for a good minute. Thats the way Im looking at it.

Heh. I better not comment here. 😉
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (13h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (16h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (18h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (20h) : Flag?
Martha Careful (20h) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (21h) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.