Formo
13 years ago

I've heard episiotomies are good for that problem, Formo.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Go play with your vulva.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Greg C.
13 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if Favre did walk away. At this point, nobody would blame him IMO. Plus, his legacy is with the Packers and not the Vikings. He owes them nothing.

"porky88" wrote:

Nobody would blame him for quitting on his team? I would blame him. There's one for you. And somehow I don't think I'm alone.

Favre has already shown that he doesn't care about his legacy with the Packers anywhere near as much as he cares about his individual legacy. That's what would take a major hit if he bailed in mid-season. Imagine the reaction from his teammates, some of whom flew down to Mississippi to talk him into returning. And Moss was not even part of the deal at the time. He came later. So Favre could not claim that the Vikings pulled a bait and switch on him.
blank
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

Nobody would blame him for quitting on his team? I would blame him. There's one for you. And somehow I don't think I'm alone.

Favre has already shown that he doesn't care about his legacy with the Packers anywhere near as much as he cares about his individual legacy. That's what would take a major hit if he bailed in mid-season. Imagine the reaction from his teammates, some of whom flew down to Mississippi to talk him into returning. And Moss was not even part of the deal at the time. He came later. So Favre could not claim that the Vikings pulled a bait and switch on him.

"Greg C." wrote:

I think the three fellas coming to get him is a heavy burden on his shoulders.
UserPostedImage
Greg C.
13 years ago

I think the three fellas coming to get him is a heavy burden on his shoulders.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

It sure does. The team also increased his salary by a few million dollars after that last retirement scare (although Brett says it was not about the money). Brett owes the Vikings his best effort for the 2010 season. I would be shocked if he did not follow through with that.
blank
Pack93z
13 years ago
After our struggles in 08... this is just entertaining theatre.

Crazy Train...  

MINNEAPOLIS - I should have seen it coming. You should have, too. A pouty receiver wearing purple on a tryout basis produces 8 yards in a big game and makes no effort to catch a potential touchdown pass, then makes a spectacle of himself by conducting a postgame monologue in which he gushes about the team he just lost to and rips his own coach - of course he's going to get cut the next day.

But when you ride the Vikings' crazy train for 20 years, even Randy Moss' strange soliloquy Sunday night starts to look like a weekday afternoon at the public library.

Monday, Vikings coach Brad Childress told his players that he intended to released Moss. Moss gave him no choice. It's one thing to deal with the egomania of Brett Favre, who at least plays hard and won 13 games for the Vikings last year. It's another to tolerate open mutiny from a player who doesn't make an effort and hasn't made an impact.

Moss is the same petulant slacker the Vikings dismissed in 2005, only he's no longer able to make up for his laziness with otherworldly athletic ability.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick realized that at this point in his career Moss is no longer worth the headaches he causes, and the Vikings, after taking an understandable chance on a player who should have been able to help their offense, quickly came to agree with Belichick.

For most franchises, Moss' antics on Sunday were a once-in-a-franchise-history embarrassment. In the land of the Vikings, this is just how we pass the time between Love Boats, ticket scalpings and Favre holdouts.

Childress decided he could no longer live with Moss. No sane person could blame him.

Upon hearing the news Monday, I remembered a conversation with Childress in 2006. Back then, he was no fun for anyone to be around - whether you were a player, assistant coach or reporter.

Once I asked him why he was so dour. He said something like, ``I'm only going to get one shot to be an NFL head coach, and I'm going to do it my way.''

By banishing Moss, Childress is trying to reassert (or at least salvage) his authority in a locker room where Favre's cavalier attitude has made Childress the subject of rumors about his job security.

Moss' release is proof that if Childress is going to go, he's going to go out on his own terms.

Childress has performed poorly this year, whether when making challenges, deciding how to play out the end of the first half or choosing personnel for key plays. He has often left his best players - including Adrian Peterson - on the sideline when they are most needed.

But before you write him off as a dunce, or this season as a lost cause, remember the past two seasons.

In 2008, a team quarterbacked by Gus Frerotte and Tarvaris Jackson won 10 games and came within one ugly Jackson interception of beating the Eagles in the playoffs.

In 2009, Childress' offense looked dynamic with a real quarterback at the helm, and the Vikings came within one ugly Favre interception of going to a Super Bowl they might have won.

Childress is an excellent judge of talent and has helped build a deep roster and a strong coaching staff. He needs to perform better on gameday to keep his job, and by now he's probably figured that out.

With Moss gone, the Vikings will approach the final nine games of the season with a more focused locker room and still plenty of talent to make the playoffs. One winning streak could make all the difference, and Childress has presided over a few.

In 2007, a less-talented Childress team won five consecutive games. In 2008, a less-talented team won seven of its final nine games to make the playoffs. In 2009, the Vikings went on winning streaks of six and four games, and responded to losses at Carolina and Chicago by blowing out the Giants and Cowboys and outplaying the Saints in the NFC Championship Game.

Before the season, I predicted that the Vikings would finish 9-7. I was labeled a pessimist.

I'm sticking with a 9-7 finish, and now I'll be seen as a raving optimist.

Look around the mediocre NFC. Look at the Vikings' schedule. Look at the control with which Favre played Sunday. Look at the Vikings' roster.

If Childress can apply more sideline common sense and Favre can avoid throwing the killing interception, in two months Moss' psychotic visit will become nothing more than another bizarre footnote in the annals of strange Vikings behavior.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

14h / Around The NFL / bboystyle

27-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

23-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.