Zero2Cool
13 years ago
They were talking about Seymour punching Big Ben. It reminded me of Shawn and I. Go hard, then smile, go hard, then smile, lol. Mainly Golic as Shawn, disliking QB's a lot! lol
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
13 years ago
Yep.. pretty accurate overall.

My sophomore year, we traveled to Edgar for their homecoming, Edgar I think was #2 in state at the time in the division.

Our QB, senior and son of the School District Administrator, upon arriving in Edgar announced he forgot his helmet, after trying on helmet after helmet of bench players, he "couldn't" find a helmet that properly fit.

Basically the candy ass didn't want to play because it was Edgar. There wasn't a player on the team that didn't want to beat the snot out of Ron that day. The coach pulled him as the starter going forward, until the DA stepped in.

We took turns drilling him in practice for then next couple weeks. Piss on the red jersey.. and the coach would mock scold us for hitting him.

I didn't care for QB's and their attitudes in camps, colleges and our own team. That day it was cemented... I hate'em.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
peteralan71
13 years ago
This was yesterday morning that you are referring to right? And then Greenie goes off about how much Golic hates QB's to driscredit him haha. I think that Rapistberger deserved the punch. He's jumping up and down celebrating then runs over to Seymour to turn him and taunt him, then gets a palm to the face. Not to say that R.S. should be allowed to do this, it's against the rules and that's that, but Ben deserved to get knocked on his ass.
Green Bay: Home of the Green & Gold. And the hunter orange. And the camouflage.
UserPostedImage
peteralan71
13 years ago

Yep.. pretty accurate overall.

My sophomore year, we traveled to Edgar for their homecoming, Edgar I think was #2 in state at the time in the division.

Our QB, senior and son of the School District Administrator, upon arriving in Edgar announced he forgot his helmet, after trying on helmet after helmet of bench players, he "couldn't" find a helmet the properly fit.

Basically the candy ass didn't want to play because it was Edgar. There wasn't a player on the team that didn't want to beat the snot out of Ron that day. The coach pulled him as the starter going forward, until the DA stepped in.

We took turns drilling him in practice for then next couple weeks. Piss on the red jersey.. and the coach would mock scold us for hitting him.

I didn't care for QB's and their attitudes in camps, colleges and our own team. That day it was cemented... I hate'em.

"pack93z" wrote:

Love it!
Green Bay: Home of the Green & Gold. And the hunter orange. And the camouflage.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
13 years ago

I think that Ben deserved the punch. He's jumping up and down celebrating then runs over to Seymour to turn him and taunt him, then gets a palm to the face. Not to say that R.S. should be allowed to do this, it's against the rules and that's that, but Ben deserved to get knocked on his ass.

"peteralan71" wrote:

Damn right he did... and I think the NFL fine reflected that Hanks thought the same.

Punish him, but don't go over the top.

Chirp in my ear with your smack.. pick yourself off the turf after I knock you on your candy ass.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
Wow, that dude was a coward. How can you NOT want to be in that game?

I loved getting my ass handed to me, it made me try harder. I was the only 6th grader playing against the high school'ers and got my ass pounded damn near every other play. I got up, I took the snap the next play and tried again. Even when I got rid of the ball I was plowed over, lol.

I don't see how some short punk kid like myself is fine with it and others who are far more athletically gifted shy away from pain or even the spotlight.

It just boggles my mind how some people can't enjoy getting hit. I won't deny, I preferred doing the hitting, but I always felt getting hit was just part of the game.

Golic also says QB's are elitists.
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
13 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I take great umbrage at such a statement. *I* am an elitist. QBs are pinhead pretty boys.

(well, except for Aaron Rodgers and Matt Flynn, who aren't pinheads)

(And Bart Starr, of course.)
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
digsthepack
13 years ago
They were also tooting Norv Turner's horn for "overcoming injuries to his roster",...which is nothing compared to the job Mike McCarthy has pulled off.

Honestly, given the way Mike McCarthy has had this team perform with 2nd stringers and guys signed off of the street...often times only days before hitting the field....he has to be a top consideration for coach of the year.
State Motto: "Wisconsin, our serial murderers eat their kill!"
Pack93z
13 years ago

"Wade" wrote:

I take great umbrage at such a statement. *I* am an elitist. QBs are pinhead pretty boys.

(well, except for Aaron Rodgers and Matt Flynn, who aren't pinheads)

(And Bart Starr, of course.)

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Football has little use for elitists..

The offense does little if the QB isn't protected, if the back doesn't pick up a blitz or the receiver fails to catch the ball.

The QB has little value if the defense can't get the opposition off the field and give him fair opportunities at the ball.

For them to think they are somehow better or more important to any other cog of the machine, that they deserve some different treatment, well then they find themselves as an outcast in the locker room and detested by most, especially the defenders on the team.

Hence why I am a egalitarian.. there has to be a sense of equality upon the team.

And coaches that break that code.. I would rather spit on their shoe than shake their hand.

Very honest statement.. my values were born upon a farm and hardened on the football field.
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
Any QB > Shawn. :P

I do agree a lot of QB's are some of the most difficult people to get along with because of their 'holier than thou' attitude.

But, not all of them.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
54m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.