Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
13 years ago
Just received my order of "mission figs". Saw them online, always wanted tor try them, so gave it a whirl.

Unfortunately, I miscalculated in the quantity. I thought I was ordering 1 pound, and I ordered 5 pounds.

So my questions are these:
1. How long do figs keep?
2. Anyone with suggestions as to what to do with five pounds of them?

Ahem.

Its another reason I hate this season....I have real trouble with impulse purchases. 🙂
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
13 years ago
Figs rule. Eat those bastards.

Are they fresh? I'm sure there is a fairly easy way to dry them.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
Did they come in a box? Just put 'em in Ziploc bags and throw them in the deep freeze. They're so high in sugar that bacteria can't grow in them (though if left out, you could get some insects laying eggs in them). They'll last forever. And the time you spend in the bathroom should be significantly reduced.
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
13 years ago
they say "dried".

(But they're moist, like prunes, in a bag. "Moist dry"? WTF?

But whatever they are, they taste great.

Almost too good....if I eat a lot of them, do they work like prunes?
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
zombieslayer
13 years ago

they say "dried".

(But they're moist, like prunes, in a bag. "Moist dry"? WTF?

But whatever they are, they taste great.

Almost too good....if I eat a lot of them, do they work like prunes?

"Wade" wrote:

Ah yes. You're of that age where you actually buy prune juice not for the taste but for the medicinal purposes. 8O

Natural Benefits and Curative Properties

Many medicinal virtues have been ascribed to the fig. It is considered a restorative food which helps in quick recovery after prolonged illness. It removes physical and mental exertion and endows the body with renewed vigor and strength. It is an excellent tonic for the weak people who suffer cracks in lips tongue and mouth.

* Constipation :- Taken either fresh or dried, the fig is regarded as a dependable laxative on account of its large cellulose content and its tough skin. The tiny seeds in the fruit possess the property of stimulating peristaltic or wave like movements of intestines which facilitates easy evacuation of faeces and keeps the alimentary canal clean.
* Piles :- Owing to its laxative property, the fig is an excellent remedy for piles. Two or three dried figs should be soaked in cold water in a glass of enamelware in the night after cleaning them thoroughly with hot water. They should be taken next morning. Figs should be taken similarly in the evening. This will remove straining at stools and thus prevent the protrusion of the anus. The piles will be cured with regular use of figs in this manner for three or four weeks.
* Asthma :- Figs are considered beneficial in the treatment of asthma. Phlegmatic cases of cough and asthma are treated with success by their use. It gives comfort to the patient by draining of the phlegm.
* Sexual Weakness :- Figs can be beneficially used in the treatment of sexual debility. They can be supplemented by other dry fruits like almonds and dry dates along with butter. Their use has proved effective in such cases.
* Corns :- For corns of long duration, the milky juice of green figs helps to soften them. The milk has a mild necrotic action.

http://www.best-home-remedies.com/herbal_medicine/fruits/fig.htm 
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
Mission figs are very high in fiber, so they will promote regularity. I don't know if they have a laxative effect like prunes do, but they'll certainly make the process easier and quicker.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
13 years ago
I love you all like brothers, but I don't think we are at the stage of our relationship to talk about regularity. But if we are, have any of you ever had laproscopic surgery anywhere in your abdomen. Talk about pain, had my appendix out 15 years ago, couldn't pass the air for about 5 days - I wish I would have thought of prunes.

Wade send me a pound of those figs. I'll trade you for some honey.
UserPostedImage
4PackGirl
13 years ago
i've had multiple laproscopies & the pain was horrible. i thought they were kidding (for some unknown reason) when they said they would fill my abdomen up with gas. dayum!!
Wade
  • Wade
13 years ago

I love you all like brothers, but I don't think we are at the stage of our relationship to talk about regularity. But if we are, have any of you ever had laproscopic surgery anywhere in your abdomen. Talk about pain, had my appendix out 15 years ago, couldn't pass the air for about 5 days - I wish I would have thought of prunes.

Wade send me a pound of those figs. I'll trade you for some honey.

"DakotaT" wrote:

its a deal. send me your delivery address. 🙂
Cheesey
13 years ago

Wade send me a pound of those figs. I'll trade you for some, honey.

"DakotaT" wrote:

WOW!!!
You say your not in that stage of the relationship, and you call Wade "HONEY???"
(See what adding a simple comma can do to a post???)LOLOL!!!
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (8h) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (8h) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.