Zero2Cool
13 years ago

Honestly, Rodgers only looked marginally better. Now, if Rodgers doesn't get the concussion I firmly believe Green Bay wins the game.

Flynn played alright. He played like a backup. That INT in the endzone is going to sting for awhile, though. Instead of ending that drive up 10-0 or at least 6-0, they cough it up.

"evad04" wrote:

Rodgers fault the OL was in his face most of the day?
Rodgers fault Jennings volleyed the ball to the Lions DB?

Rodgers was 7 of 11. If Jennings catches the ball and Quarless doesn't fumble, I'm willing to bet Rodgers perception by you would be vastly different.

Rodgers fault in this game was his immense failure to SLIDE. I've quipped about this in chat for many weeks that he needs to slide or he'll get hurt. As others have as well. It make me furious that he's not putting the team first. Sure, he's gutting it out by risking his body, but he needs to think big picture. We do not have another Rodgers. He had the first, slide. Play another play.

As for Flynn. He's a career backup. He does not have the accuracy to be a NFL QB. This could be improved on and would change my opinion, however its something I've seen with him often. He can not hit guys in stride. He's a capable QB on button hooks or deep balls and a deep ball for him is 30+ to 40ish.
UserPostedImage
musccy
13 years ago

Rodgers fault in this game was his immense failure to SLIDE. I've quipped about this in chat for many weeks that he needs to slide or he'll get hurt. As others have as well. It make me furious that he's not putting the team first. Sure, he's gutting it out by risking his body, but he needs to think big picture. We do not have another Rodgers. He had the first, slide. Play another play.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I beg to differ with the highlighted point. There have been a few instances in recent weeks where he was hurt by the ball being spotted where he 'committed' himself to the slide, which stopped drives. Sans 2 headfirst plunges today, there are 2 first downs not achieved.

I understand why he needs to learn to slide more, but I don't think it has a thing to do with selfishness, quite the contrary in fact.
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

"musccy" wrote:

I beg to differ with the highlighted point. There have been a few instances in recent weeks where he was hurt by the ball being spotted where he 'committed' himself to the slide, which stopped drives. Sans 2 headfirst plunges today, there are 2 first downs not achieved.

I understand why he needs to learn to slide more, but I don't think it has a thing to do with selfishness, quite the contrary in fact.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I'll take the slide and end of a drive over my star QB getting concussed and out for the entire game, possibly more when we are playing a much needed game to win our division and also help our conference record.

Hey, that's just my illogical long term thinking making me look silly.
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
13 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

"musccy" wrote:

I'll take the slide and end of a drive over my star QB getting concussed and out for the entire game, possibly more when we are playing a much needed game to win our division and also help our conference record.

Hey, that's just my illogical long term thinking making me look silly.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Plus, there was absolutely no point in him diving head first there....he had already picked up the 1st down by 10 or so yards.
UserPostedImage
musccy
13 years ago
I'm not arguing with you that it's better for him to slide...I just don't think he's doing it for selfish reasons.
Greg C.
13 years ago

I'm not arguing with you that it's better for him to slide...I just don't think he's doing it for selfish reasons.

"musccy" wrote:

Agreed. An injury hurts Rodgers even more than it hurts the team. It was a bad decision, but not a selfish one.
blank
all_about_da_packers
13 years ago

"musccy" wrote:

It's interesting that a couple of weeks ago on the Mike McCarthy show, Rodgers was asked about not sliding and he said he wanted to prove to his critics that he is tough, and that is why he doesn't shy away from contact ...

Frankly, I've heard of critics of Rodgers say he holds on to the ball too long, but have never heard anyone question his toughness. I found that statement weird, as did Larry McCarren who asked Rodgers to follow up on who questioned his toughness, and Rodgers gave a very elusive answer along the lines of 'sometimes my brother (who Aaron lives with) teases me for ending the play without contact'....

I don't mean to imply Aaron is inviting contact for selfish reasons, but when asked about it before it seemed like a really odd response that he wanted to prove his critics wrong. I cannot think of anyone over the past few years who has questioned Rodgers toughness or willingness for contact...
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

"musccy" wrote:

I'm fine with that statement. I didn't say he was being selfish. Did I? (not being cocky I just don't remember saying that) If I did, I was mistaken. I think he needs to think MORE about the team and his importance to it ... meaning, SLIDE! hah

To be clear, I don't think Rodgers stayed upright for his fantasy points (err or mine). I'm just saying he needs to understand his importance to this team and recognize he needs to slide after the first down.
UserPostedImage
Greg C.
13 years ago

"all_about_da_packers" wrote:

It's interesting that a couple of weeks ago on the Mike McCarthy show, Rodgers was asked about not sliding and he said he wanted to prove to his critics that he is tough, and that is why he doesn't shy away from contact ...

Frankly, I've heard of critics of Rodgers say he holds on to the ball too long, but have never heard anyone question his toughness. I found that statement weird, as did Larry McCarren who asked Rodgers to follow up on who questioned his toughness, and Rodgers gave a very elusive answer along the lines of 'sometimes my brother (who Aaron lives with) teases me for ending the play without contact'....

I don't mean to imply Aaron is inviting contact for selfish reasons, but when asked about it before it seemed like a really odd response that he wanted to prove his critics wrong. I cannot think of anyone over the past few years who has questioned Rodgers toughness or willingness for contact...

"musccy" wrote:

Me either. But I think all of the really good players play with a chip on their shoulder. All it takes is one obscure journalist to make a comment like that, and they are going to fixate on it. Perhaps the toughness issue runs a little deeper for Rodgers, as the successor to the game's ultimate Iron Man QB.
blank
all_about_da_packers
13 years ago

To be clear, I don't think Rodgers stayed upright for his fantasy points (err or mine). I'm just saying he needs to understand his importance to this team and recognize he needs to slide after the first down.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

But see, Rodgers is smart. He no doubt realizes this, and the fact that he is so important to this team having any real shot to win.

He even admitted in his interview during the Mike McCarthy show that McCarthy gets on him to slide down.

Maybe the situation in the game where we were struggling badly compelled Aaron to try and get every possible yard he could.

Regardless, this is his second concussion of this season. That's not good, to say the least.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14h) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (15h) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (15h) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (15h) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (16h) : 4th
Zero2Cool (16h) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (18h) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (18h) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (23h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (23h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.