Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
13 years ago
Yep.. you read the title correctly.

It will wake up this team and coach, it will put the focus on the offense becoming a more complete unit. And again, regardless of the message that we can win it all with the pass alone, there will be scenarios in which this team will not be able to rely on the pass alone.

Whether your opinion is that we stopped ourselves (Jennings drop comes to mind) or that the Lions and Cunningham developed a scheme to force the our offense to try and dump the pass over the backers which were dropping just deep enough to assist in taking the quick short passes away and Aaron/Matt holding the ball an extra couple beats to allow the routes behind the backers to develop.. which in turn allowed the pass rush to get pressure on the pocket.. it was apparent that the pass was struggling and the Packers were having protection issues.

The point was.. we couldn't do a damn thing about it because we couldn't run the damn ball.

So with Rodgers in question (My feeling is that he will play), and our pass protection exposed on turf (Yes that will matter in the playoffs because we will go on the road and Phi, Atl, NO, NYG all play on turf.) this coaching staff, offensive line and backs either put a running game together or be prepared for that bitter taste of defeat someplace down the road to end the season.

Again.. we can survive and win games with the pass only.. but sooner or later game scenarios will make the absence of a running game to help the offense out damaging. It has and will decrease our odds on winning a tight well fought game (albeit ugly in yesterdays example).

And in the playoffs there isn't a next week.

So buck up offensive line.. find a way to get it done and help balance this offense out so that we can run the damn ball when we need it.

Yesterday was an fine example.. the defense could pin their ears back and rush the passer.. and we couldn't help Flynn out with anything else or even slow the pass rush down. It is our MO... and teams no that we will abandon it if they stop it early.

I have confidence that yesterday drove home the point.. and that Mike McCarthy will demand that it gets corrected.

Losses like that can be crippling to a team or help shape a club and harden it.. I am betting on the later.

Okay.. queue Zombie grabbing excesses of stats telling us how we don't need to be a complete offense or Greg telling us how non-horrible the Lions defense is. ;)

Simple point is.. we couldn't execute in the passing game and we had nothing else to fall back on. The defense and special teams did their share.

No Excuses.. because we will be forced yet again this season to run the damn ball.. I have faith that we will figure out a way to get it done now that we have been stung, and stung hard, yet again.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
bozz_2006
13 years ago
My family is of the same attitude. The problem is that I'm not sure we control our own destiny anymore. We are going to need some help. Go Vikings... I just puked.
UserPostedImage
AKampfan78
13 years ago
Great post. I agree that the O-line needs to wake up and do their job. Its nice to see a ration thought written. I was/am of the many with irrational thoughts and feelings. Between my hawkeyes melting down and the packers I cant take much more...
In Heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here!
Hawkeye fan 4-Life!
Packers 3-1 in games I have attended (12/28/08 Lions, 9/27/09 Rams, 11/20/11 Buccaneers & 12/19/11 Chiefs)
Yerko
13 years ago
Interesting take on this and I can almost agree that this game serves as a wake up call (just wish there wasn't so much on the line right now).
UserPostedImage
coltonja
13 years ago
That's all well and good that our team has had a wake up call, but they're going to need a lot of help to get into the playoffs now. With us going to NE, and our o-line showing what they really are against talent, I don't see a bright future for this year's team. It sucks, I still haven't given up on them but realistically look at what we have now and what has to happen for us. We have to beat the Giants who have a good running game and our D has sucked majorly this year against the run and even more importantly they have an amazing d-line. Then, we play a crap and lucky Bears team at home but look how we played against them earlier in the year(i.e. sloppy, played down to their level). Unless our o-line increases its play tenfold we will be on the outside of the playoffs which is very sad because of how great our D is and how great Rodgers is playing. I hope more than anything that I'll be proven wrong, but we'll see.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to pack93z for the sig!!!
Rios39
13 years ago

My family is of the same attitude. The problem is that I'm not sure we control our own destiny anymore. We are going to need some help. Go Vikings... I just puked.

"bozz_2006" wrote:

We are in the same position we are last week with the Bears loss. We can't get 2 games behind them though.
blank
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
13 years ago

"Rios39" wrote:

We are in the same position we are last week with the Bears loss. We can't get 2 games behind them though.

"bozz_2006" wrote:

One huge difference between the losses..

Our was a conference and division loss.

The Bears was a Non conference loss.

It is a determent in the big picture for us to get into the playoffs.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
dfosterf
13 years ago
I have to +1 Pack93z.

This thread is reflective of some pretty good creative writing skills. :)

Some others in the fine tradition--

Hiroshima Times:

"Nuclear blast lowers heating bills this month."

NY Times:

"Iceberg strike delays arrival of Titanic."
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
13 years ago
Come on now.. gotta respond to the pass only crowd.
British
13 years ago

"Rios39" wrote:

"bozz_2006" wrote:

We are in a completely different position.

Before Sunday we had our destiny in our own hands. Win out and we were in the playoffs guaranteed, possibly with a #2 seed.

After the double blow of a division and conference loss we are relying on other teams, especially the Vikings, to help us.

Our playoff chances are now on life support.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (3h) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
1m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.