Passing Defense = 31st
Rushing Defense = 14th

Points For = 31.9 (1st)
Points Against = 21.2 (17th)[/ul]

[align=center]Click HERE  for information on something special.[/align]
UserPostedImage
Packers_Finland
13 years ago
Those rankings are laughable once more. The Pats are the best team in the NFL. Fucking 27th ranked defense, give me a break. Fix the system.

There's still a good chance of getting into the playoffs even if we lose this one. Yes, I'm serious, I've got it all planned out. But in terms of momentum, this is huge.

Inb4 glass half empty types come crying how much we will get our asses kicked and how much we suck.
This is a placeholder
flep
13 years ago
Basically as we say this game in my opinion is shit or bust

After last nights results we must win this one

200% effort from first whistle to last

If the fans get this is a must win game surely the players do.

They must believe they are the best players in the NFL

We need a master psychiatrist in the team for this one
Formed Merseyside Nighthawks. British Champions 1992. Packer fan for 32 years
UserPostedImage

I feel very wrong now!!!!!!!!!
Pack93z
13 years ago
Packers, if Rodgers plays (think he will) find a way to win this game.

No bullshit in Green Bay.. even Campen brought out the lumber on the efforts.

Packers expose that Patriot defense and our defense does enough to give us a chance.. and we take advantage of it.

But Mike McCarthy as well needs to bring his A game..
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
dfosterf
13 years ago
Boston Herald link 

"New England better than Perfect"

How could we ever forget them? They took the field each Sunday like a young Mike Tyson entering the ring, smelling blood and breathing fire. The goal was not simply to outscore their opponents, but to destroy them, to savage them, to stomp on their testicles, as Tyson would say, and eat their children.

For the 2007 Patriots [team stats], it wasnt so much a regular season as a malevolent, 16-game rampage across the NFL landscape. With Camera-gate to fuel their fire, they played with an edge and an attitude and a chip the size of Rhode Island on their shoulders. They went 16-0. They scored 37 points a game. They won by an average of almost 20 points, and, of course, they never, ever took their cleats off their opponents throats.

It was, without a doubt, the second-greatest regular-season performance we ever have seen from a Patriots team.

Just behind this one.

Now Im pretty sure the 2010 Patriots will not go undefeated, but they are doing something the 07 version failed to do: They are peaking at the right time. As an awestruck Phil Simms said of the Pats in the middle of their rout of Chicago on Sunday, This team is getting better. The Patriots were pounding the first-place Bears into submission, wrapping up their fifth straight win, and Simms absolutely was right. They were getting better before our eyes, gaining confidence with every crippling body blow they delivered to an embarrassed Bears team.

Since their baffling defeat in Cleveland on Nov. 7, the Patriots are averaging more than 39 points a game and giving up just 17.6. Among the five victims in their current winning streak is a team that now has 10 wins, two nine-win teams and Peyton Manning. Tom Brady [stats] and Co. have made three of the top 10 defenses in the NFL look as overmatched as the Kardashian family on Jeopardy!

Since Cleveland, the Patriots are averaging 425 yards of total offense per game. The 2007 team averaged 411. This team has not turned over the ball since Brian Hoyer threw an interception against the Browns. In a four-game stretch late in the 2007 season, the Patriots turned over the ball six times and almost lost at least twice. Has this team almost lost lately?

Perhaps the first 16-0 record turns our memories a little rosy, but in the last six games of the 07 regular season, the Pats won by a field goal three times. We remember that team pounding its opponents like Sarah Palin pounding that poor halibut, but most of those memorable beat-downs came early in the season.

And there was all that history hanging like a fog over the 07 team: Brady set the record with 50 touchdown passes. Randy Moss caught a record 23 of those. The team held up under immense pressure and held on for the historic 16-0 record, but as it came down the home stretch, all was not perfect.

Its a lot closer to perfect this time around. Bill Belichick is doing his best coaching, Brady is doing his best quarterbacking, and all around them are players who are thrilled to hand their hearts and souls to these two extraordinary leaders. Unlike in 2007, Belichick and Brady have an object lesson for the boys. They all know what happened the last time they won five in a row they went into Cleveland looking to make it six and got humiliated by Eric Manginis lowly Browns.

No one is talking about individual NFL records this time around. No one is calling nutty Mercury Morris for a comment. So far no one is ranking them among the greatest teams ever. No history yet. Just football. We have seen Patriots teams with laser-sharp focus in the past but perhaps none quite as all-in as this one. Home or away, underdog or favorite, the players seem to take the field each week like high school kids on Thanksgiving morning, and maybe theres a good reason for that: Many of them arent that far removed from their high school days.

In 2007, Brady had five first-round picks (Moss, Laurence Maroney [stats], Benjamin Watson [stats], Donte Stallworth, Kyle Brady) among his skill position guys. Now he has none (unless you count Fred Taylor [stats]). Now its mostly kids and castoffs, hungry and humble players fighting for a place in this league. Yesterday the best player on the planet sounded like someone who prefers it this way.

That was a very prolific team in 07 different work habits, different personality, Brady said on WEEI. Id say there are a lot of great guys on our team, and thats what makes it enjoyable the effort, the toughness that guys are showing every week. Its a younger team, and we practice quite a bit more than we did in 07. The way we watch film is different. Theres just some things were doing differently.

That team had the greatest regular season ever. This team is rounding into form in mid-December. That team peaked in October, made history in December and then blew it all on the first Sunday in February. This team has other plans: six games to play, four at home, all but one in cold weather. Its a great team with great timing. No wonder they look like theyre having so much fun.

At this point, wed be stunned if they didnt win the next six, including Super Bowl XLV seven weeks from Sunday.

We could win this one.

Really.

It's just a different set of problems and match-ups.

We don't like the match ups with Detroit--that front line on their D--

Maybe we match up better there with NE. I think we do.

We are going to shock everyone with this win.

:lol:

(We'll go with a different one this year, Rock- more fitting and reflective of the present situation---)

[youtube]rnVKkJFYkhg&feature=related[/youtube]
Packers_Finland
13 years ago
I think Rodgers can take advantage of their young defense, assuming he'll play.

And I hope to god there is some way to stop Brady with the way he's been playing lately.
This is a placeholder
hos327
13 years ago
Feelin it!! Yep Yep! Feelin it!!
Go Pack Go!
Finley88Beast
13 years ago
Like pack32z said in the other thread the loss to the lions is a wake up call for us.

We need to win! To make a statement!

It will be the game of the year if Arod plays,and the pack will win 30-25!
A Quote from my brother Mike(Bears Fan)
"Fucking Greg Jennings"
After he makes a catch
hos327
13 years ago
Let's denote this as the 'glass half full' thread of the year!
Go Pack Go!
dfosterf
13 years ago
JSOnline- We got Bill B shakin' in his shoes with our awesomeness-media conference call 

Here's the transcript of the media conference call with New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick, as provided by the Patriots PR department.

BB: Its been the last day and half or so here on Green Bay and its a pretty impressive looking team. They can really move the ball. [Aaron] Rodgers is having a terrific year. [Hes] very athletic, can run it, can throw it. Hes got a great set of receivers [and] tight ends. They have a very good offensive system with Coach [Mike] McCarthy there. They really use a lot of different personnel groups, a lot of different formations. Its very hard to prepare for. Defensively, [with] Dom [Capers], theyve been playing very well. They can rush the passer. They have excellent coverage players, real good corners. They have a nice mix of pressure and coverage. Again, they mix it up on you enough where you have a lot of things to defend. But, they have a lot of good players and they can pretty much play whatever they want to play. It looks good: third down, red area, man-to-man, zone, [and] blitz zone. They havent given up a lot of points and they make you really work for whatever you get. Theyve got a number of disruptive players on the whole unit. [Theyre] a good football team. Theyre another challenge for us, different from what weve seen in previous weeks. [Theyre] a very talented team thats well coached, disciplined, very sound fundamentally and well have to really have a good week of preparation here so we can get ready for them this weekend.

Q: What are the challenges in trying to block Clay Matthews and how disruptive is he on a play-by-play basis?

BB: Well, you know, Clay is fast, quick. Hes got real good balance. Hes a guy with a high motor, so even at times when it looks like hes blocked, he can still come out and get in on the play. Hes a good pursuit player, but Id say his speed and his quickness are big assets. Hes a guy thats never really out of the play. You can run away from him but he can run you down or you can run to him and it kind of looks like you might have him blocked, but he spins out of things and uses his quickness and his athleticism to get out of tight situations, stay alive and make plays. So, [hes] a good football player.

Q: When you were evaluating Clay coming out of college, how did you see him as a possible fit in the Patriots defense?

BB: Well pretty much as what he is now. Hes an outside linebacker, playing in a 3-4 defense. Its basically what he did at USC his senior year. He was very productive in the kicking game. You could definitely see him play in space and run well and cover kicks and do all those things. And his senior year, [when] he was able to get some more playing time, he became a productive defensive player there as well.

Q: How would you describe the differences between the Patriots and the Packers 3-4 schemes?

BB: Well, Id say that the Packers system is definitely similar to the Steelers system. They use some of the same alignments and adjustments and that type of thing to what Pittsburgh does. But, of course its with different personnel and different players, so even if its the same defense, it plays differently because of Charles Woodson and [Tramon] Williams and Matthews and all the other guys that they got playing. Its different than the guys that Pittsburgh would use with the same plays [and] same calls. Its certainly unique and you have to match up personnel-wise to their defense. They give you a lot of problems because they have so many good players at every position on the line, at linebacker, at safety, at corner. They use a number of different people. They give you some tough looks on third down. Its definitely a challenge for us, but it certainly has its roots with the Pittsburgh system. I dont think theres any question about that.

Q: Its been two games now since Fred Taylors come back and played. Is he starting to look like his normal self?

BB: I think the big thing is that hes gotten the chance to play. He missed several weeks there of not only playing, but also practicing. Hes had an opportunity to practice, get some carries with the scout team, just getting his hands on the ball, read blockers and catching the ball in the passing game, recognizing blitz pickups and things like that. So, I think that our practices have helped him both as a scout team back and also running some of our players. And, of course, he has to split that with the other three backs that have been active basically all year. Hes definitely regaining some timing and taking advantage of his opportunities in practice to sharpen up. So, I think thats helped him. Hes gotten a few carries in the last couple of games. I think were heading in the right direction there.

Q: The Packers have struggled at times to run the ball. Have they made up for that with their passing game?

BB: Well, I think they use some elements of their passing game, really, just as runs. They throw quick passes out to their outside receivers, to [Greg] Jennings and [Donald] Driver. On the coverages, people come down and play a lot of guys against the run and theyll throw it out there to them. They throw the ball quite a bit to [Brandon] Jackson [with] screen passes. Theyre a very good screen team and they use the check downs and plays like that, some three-step drop passes to get the ball to the tight ends, slot receivers or outside receivers. So, I think those plays - like any West Coast Offense - those plays are just as much a part of moving the ball and getting first downs and getting into scoring position as handoffs. So, no matter how they get it down there, I think the big thing, defensively, is to try to keep them from moving the ball and getting into scoring position. And Im sure from their point of view, whether they throw a screen pass or run the ball and gain the same amount of yardage, I dont think it really matters too much to them. Theyre just trying to get first downs, make positive plays and stay out of long yardage. They do a really good job of that. Theyre not in long yardage very often and thats because of the efficiencies of their first and second-down plays, whether those are runs or short passes or play-action passes or shots down the field - which they do all them - they just do them pretty well.

Q: What did you take away from the year that you had Dom Capers on your staff and how much did you talk to him about different systems that you guys run defensively?

BB: Well we talked some about it. Dom had come from Miami where Nick [Saban] ran his system down there, so I think there was a good level of familiarity with what we were doing. There are certainly a lot of similarities to our system and what Coach Saban ran down there in Miami. But, Doms had a great background at, of course, Pittsburgh and then when he was the head coach at Carolina and Houston. He certainly has some great ideas and thoughts of his own defensive system, but he was kind of in ours for that year. So, we talked about some of those things. He certainly gave me a better understanding of some of the adjustments and the philosophies that he and the Steelers used in building their defense and some of their keys and adjustments and why they did them and what caused them to adjust and things like that. And at the same time, I think he understands some of the things that we did that were maybe a little bit different from the way that Coach Saban did them and the advantages and disadvantages of all those different adjustments and things that you have to do to handle whatever formations and plays the offense gives you. So, it was a good give and take and Dom has great experience and has had a terrific coaching career and is an outstanding defensive coach. Hes been there and done that at a number of different locations in the league, so I think his record and quality of his coaching speaks for itself and it was certainly a good learning year for me to have him on our staff. And I think hed probably say the same thing from what he gained that year.

Q: Looking at Tom Bradys performance since the Cleveland game, what stands out to you?

BB: Well, I think the main thing for us is just our team performance. Everybody, all the players on the team, have a job to do. Its not always perfect. Sometimes its better than others. Sometimes plays are better than others, but the bottom line is just the whole unit working efficiently. [The] quarterback is a big part of that, but he cant do it without everybody else and they cant do it without him and so forth. We all know that. I think Tom continues to work hard on his preparation. Challenges change every week. No two weeks are the same. Everybody doing their job makes his job better and him being prepared and doing a good job in his keys and reads enables us to perform proficiently on offense, whatever the situation is, whether its first down, second down, third down, goal line [or] whatever it happens to be. I think the big thing for us is just to continue working hard as a unit, work on our executions, make sure that we all understand what our opponents are doing and what our game plan is and how those fit together and what adjustments we make. If we can all do that, collectively, through all 11 players, seeing things the same way and doing it well as a unit, then well probably be pretty efficient offensively. If we dont, even though there might be a few good plays by individuals on any given play, the overall execution of the offense wont be there unless its there on a consistent basis with the entire unit. Put Tom in there with the other guys; I feel the same way about all of them.

Q: What are your thoughts on Charles Woodson and his skill set?

BB: Outstanding. Outstanding. He does everything well: man-to-man coverage, zone coverage, reads the quarterback well, has good anticipation of route and route combinations, outstanding ball skills, blitzer - [hes an] excellent blitzer - [and] good run-force player. When he plays inside in the slot position, or even in the perimeter, he plays very well. Id say Woodson, [Antoine] Winfield, there are a handful of guys that really stand out in that area [and Woodson] would be in that group. [Hes] an excellent tackler. You rarely see him miss. So, I think hes as good and complete player in that position that you will find in the league. Although I will also say that I have been impressed with Williams, playing on the other side. I think hes an excellent player, too; I think they have two real good corners. Woodsons outstanding, but Williams is really good, too. So, thats going to be a big challenge for us in terms of getting open and making good throws. Little mistakes, sloppy routes, bad throws or not having good distribution in the passing game with our route depths, those guys can take advantage of it and they can kill you. Theyre a ball-hawking secondary. They get their hands on a lot of balls and they catch them. Those two corners, in particular, are very good. Theyre as good as we will see or we have seen as being complete players.

I think I want another tug off that Belushi bottle, lol
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (18h) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
24-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-May / Around The NFL / beast

23-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.