Pack93z
13 years ago
I don't think the Bears will beat the Jets.. the Jets secondary will feast on Cutler.. and I think the Bears can be ran on as well.. find 54.. and run right at his ass and block the hell out of Briggs.

If the Bears lose to the Vikes it is a bonus if the Packers can find a way to win this game. If Rodgers goes.. I think we can.. if he doesn't.. that offensive line better step up and put on their best performance in a couple years.

That and the defense better play lights out and aggressive.. because without Rodgers I think the Pats will put Flynn is some tough spots.. which a inexperienced starter will be tested to overcome.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Pack93z
13 years ago
If accurate, little disappointed in the medical staff of the Packers.. that is if the account is correct. Drive might be talking about the remainder of that drive and in the huddle or something.. when you could tell something wasn't right.

NFL won't like that.

Also.. if Rodgers had that much wits about him on Sunday.. it might give us a glimmer of hope that he might be active Sunday, the severity wasn't that great and that their is a bit of gamesmanship at work on the side of the Packers/MM.

Doubt that scenario.. but Billy Boy would pull that type of shell game.

Driver says he urged Rodgers to stay out of game 

In September, the leagues new approach to concussions suffered a major setback when Eagles linebacker Stewart Bradley stumbled off the field after take a blow to the head and then somehow re-entered the game.

As Packers receiver Donald Driver tells it, he had to intervene to keep quarterback Aaron Rodgers out of Sundays game against the Lions, after Rodgers suffered another concussion. Per Chris Jenkins of the Associated Press, Driver urged Rodgers to stay out of the game after being hit on consecutive plays. Driver says that Rodgers wanted to return to the game, and that he was diagnosed with a concussion later.

If Drivers account is accurate, he shouldnt have had to keep Rodgers from playing. Doctors should have immediately checked Rodgers after his head hit the turf, and Rodgers fate shouldnt have been left in the hands of a receiver who was willing to put Rodgers best interests ahead of the teams. In Bradleys case, the Eagles explained that Bradley slipped back into the game because doctors were evaluating quarterback Kevin Kolb for a concussion. Were aware of no similar impediment in Rodgers case.

On Wednesday, Packers coach Mike McCarthy said there was a slim chance Rodgers will practice on Friday, and that he had not yet been able to participate in meetings. Green Bay plays the Patriots on Sunday night

"PFTalk" wrote:

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Pack93z
13 years ago
More details on the above story.

Driver urged injured QB Rodgers to sit vs. Lions 

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Veteran wide receiver Donald Driver saw it in Aaron Rodgers' eyes: The quarterback wasn't quite right after taking hard hits on back-to-back plays, but he still wanted to go back in the game.

What happened next can be seen as another sign that NFL players' attitudes toward concussions is changing: Standing on the sideline during a close game at Detroit that was critical to the Green Bay Packers' playoff hopes, Driver helped talk his teammate into sitting out the rest of the game.

"I was very concerned about him," Driver said. "I kind of whispered in his ear, walked behind him during the time he was sitting on the bench and kind of told him, 'This is just a game. Your life is more important than this game.' I told him I love him to death, and you've got to make the choice, but this game is not that important."

Driver said Rodgers stood up and stared at him.

"I think I said, 'Aaron, you need to make a choice,'" Driver said. "And that's when he realized he just couldn't go any more."

The Packers lost the game 7-3 and face the possibility of having backup Matt Flynn at quarterback for Sunday night's game at New England. Rodgers, who also sustained a concussion Oct. 10 but played the following week, was not cleared to return to practice as of Thursday and a final decision on his status is not expected until Saturday.

Rodgers has been held out of team meetings and game film review during his recovery, and he has not spoken to reporters in Green Bay this week.

Playoff hopes aside, Driver's actions on the sideline in Detroit last Sunday could be considered a victory for concussion awareness advocates.

When Driver came into the league as a seventh-round draft pick in 1999, those who sat out with a concussion might have had their toughness questioned.

"That's changed tremendously," Driver said. "It's not about being tough any more. I look at myself and injuries, I've always tried to fight through injuries. You've got to get to a point where your body tells you, you can't fight through that injury any more and you have to shut it down. And when you get to that point, you have to feel comfortable that you can just shut it down and feel good about it."

NFL officials also have taken steps to increase safety, revising guidelines for players to get back on the field after a concussion and increasing penalties for illegal hits.

This week, The Associated Press reported that the number of concussions being reported in the NFL this season is up more than 20 percent from 2009, and more than 30 percent from 2008.

"People are more aware of what's going on," Driver said. "Sooner or later, the NFL had to make a decision on how they look at hits, how they look at concussions."

Driver believes the emphasis on safety may help extend careers, but acknowledged that players still feel compelled to get back on the field immediately after an injury - including Rodgers on Sunday.

"You could see it in his eyes," Driver said. "He still wanted to play. But I think when you start looking at a guy and know he's not into it, you've got to help him make a decision. And it was pretty easy for me, because I saw it in his face, that he wasn't truly into the game any more, or he lost a little bit. And that's when I got to the point, I just kind of told them. They asked me, 'How's Aaron?' I was like, 'He's not good.' But he had to make that choice on his own, and it was good that he made the right choice."

Packers cornerback Charles Woodson said it was obvious that Rodgers wasn't right.

"I could tell on the field," Woodson said. "You can tell on the field when a guy is really out of it, if they're kind of stuck. And he was stuck. You knew it was something. He's got to be smart."

That said, Woodson believes Rodgers will try to play Sunday against the Patriots.

"He's a football player, and that's how we are," Woodson said. "We're going to play. I know if the doctors say, 'Hey, we don't think there's a problem,' he's going to play. (If not), I guarantee he'll lobby to play. That's how we are. That's how we're cut."

packer98
13 years ago
two concussions in one season, not good. do we start looking in the draft for a stud to back up Rodgers?? Not looking good at all
blank
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
I'd rather they look for a set of stud linemen to protect Rodgers and prevent further concussions.
UserPostedImage
warhawk
13 years ago

I'd rather they look for a set of stud linemen to protect Rodgers and prevent further concussions.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

I am with you on this one.

I am not one to be critical but our Oline needs attention. I am not going to go into a rant here because they have played very well at times but the problem is they are inconsistant.

I look for three positive things to happen from this.

1) Rodgers goes to sliding school.
2) The Refs start giving Rodgers more attention because he has gotten head shots that were not called in the past.
3) The Oline is addressed in the offseason to get more consistency.

I LOVE Clifton but I said just last week it worries me that his knee's are bad and we still had a month left. The DE for Detroit did nothing to fool him Sunday. He lined up further outside and just took an angle straight to where Rodgers would be and pushed Clifton right back into him over and over. I don't think this would have happened in October when Clifton's legs were under him.

You have to have guys that are physically capable of playing their best football in the last month of the season and I don't think it's reasonable to expect this from Clifton.

We don't have the physicality we need up front and rely too much on technique to get by. Bulaga is in a learning curve and Sitton is fine but Wells gets handled by Suh type specimens and he will have another load on Sunday. When Colledge starts getting manhandled his technique goes out the window and I've already said what I think about Cliffy.

I can almost give Well's a pass but the left side needs to get more physically capable of manning up with the guys opposite them.
"The train is leaving the station."
DakotaT
13 years ago

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

They should already be in place. Futility that can only be placed on Uncle Ted and McCarthey. But I'm not ready to join DHpackr or DD80forever quite yet.
UserPostedImage
13 years ago

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

I agree, and I think that this is one issue where I would like to see them address it via FA/trade vs. the draft. I'm a big supporter of Thompson's strategy to build the roster, but we need proven OL help and we need it now. Time to open the check book.
UserPostedImage
Kingkoopa
13 years ago
It's almost a certainty Flynn will start Sunday now. Rodgers is listed as doubtful and in a radio interview Mike McCarthy may have tipped his hand by saying, "He's had a good week of practice, and this is always a big hurdle for a quarterback when he gets his first start".

They also switched Aaron's helmet. From now on he will wear the newer style that protects against concussions better.
blank
Pack93z
13 years ago
I remain in the camp that he will play.

But Mike McCarthy is using this regardless as much as he can.. keeping it a mystery on where in the process Aaron is.

McCarthy on Rodgers 
By Rob Reischel, for the Journal Sentinel

Dec. 17, 2010 1:35 p.m. |(10) Comments

Packers head coach Mike McCarthy answered eight questions about quarterback Aaron Rodgers during his Friday news conference. Rodgers is officially listed as doubtful on the Packers' injury report.

Rodgers later made an appearance in the locker room, but refused to answer questions.

Here's what McCarthy had to say about Rodgers:

(Can you confirm Matt Flynn will be the starting quarterback?)? Im not going to confirm the starting quarterback at this point. Just as Ive stated all week, were prepared to play the game with Matt Flynn as our starter. Weve started that process since Monday. As far as an update on Aaron Rodgers, hes progressing through the medical process. He was able to attend probably three-quarters of the practice today, and hell continue to work through that process today and tomorrow. Im hopeful to make a decision by tomorrow, but the door is open for Aaron Rodgers to play in the game. It really comes down to two things. No. 1, he has to be cleared medically, and Dr. John Gray will have the final say on that. And if he does make it to that point, then myself will make a decision on whether he plays or not. Right now hes still working through the medical part.

(Do you make that decision before you get on the plane?)? Theres not a written script for this. The goal as I stated Monday, Wednesday and Thursday would be to make a decision by Saturday. But with the late start Sunday, we can leave the door open for that.

(Is he going to make the trip regardless?) ?Aaron Rodgers? Yes, hell be on the trip.

(Is there something you can do, a better helmet for protection?) ?Weve actually changed his helmet, so hell be wearing a new helmet from this time moving forward.

(What are the differences with that helmet?) ?I couldnt answer that question. That would be a question for Red Batty.

(Has Aaron done his conditioning test yet?)? Hes working his way through the process. I really dont want to get into specifics of that. There are stages that you work through. If youre educated on it, thats great. This is really a standard policy as far as the details. If Aaron wants to share the step-by-step process that hes going through, thats fine. But hes making progress, and I talked to him today. He looks good, would like to play. But once again, him and Dr. John Gray are working through this, and until hes cleared medically, then it comes to me.

(Did Aaron attend meetings today?)? The beginning of it, but he was excused for his participation, as far as what they had scheduled for him today.

(How about Thursday?)? Did not on Thursday

Fan Shout
TheKanataThrilla (12m) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (15m) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (16h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (19h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (20h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (23h) : Flag?
Martha Careful (23h) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (23h) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.