Zero2Cool
13 years ago
Peter King : "g. Matty Ice. Time to retire the name."
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
13 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

They are calling him "Matty Meltdown" in a comments section of an article on the game at the Atlanta Journal Constitution.

...Just seems cruel, :tongue3: but I admit I laughed a little.
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
Link, Dave?
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
13 years ago

Link, Dave?

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

AJC- As good as 13-3 or as bad as 48-21? 
RedSoxExcel
13 years ago
I disagree, the QB rating numbers and yards over the last few years cannot be a fluke or explained by the QBs these days being that much suprior to the QBs in the 1990s. I think the way games are played has changed, with passing being easier (for wahtever reason - rule changes, smarter coaches, etc.).

Big Ben was a bad example, but still, he had a better QB rating this year than Favre had in all but ONE year in the 1990's (not to mention the fact, the same can be said JOSH FREEMAN's QB rating this year). So yeah guys like Rivers, Schuab, Rodgers are way better than Favre ever was according to QB rating/yards but I just don't think its fair to compare the QB ratings/yards in the two eras, its day and night.

It's just like you can't take Favre's TD passes and compare them to Starrs and say that Favre was leaps and bounds better than Starr. I think you have to compare people in different statistical eras and I think its hard to argue that QB ratings these days can be fairly compared to QB ratings in the 1990's.

These are the top 15 ALL TIME for QB rating - there is something clearly up.

1. Aaron Rodgers (27) 98.4 2005-2010 gnb
2. Philip Rivers (29) 97.2 2004-2010 sdg

3. Steve Young+ 96.8 1985-1999 2TM
4. Tony Romo (30) 95.5 2004-2010 dal
5. Tom Brady (33) 95.2 2000-2010 nwe
6. Peyton Manning (34) 94.9 1998-2010 clt

7. Kurt Warner 93.7 1998-2009 3TM
8. Ben Roethlisberger (28) 92.5 2004-2010 pit

9. Joe Montana+ 92.3 1979-1994 2TM
10. Drew Brees (31) 91.7 2001-2010 2TM
11. Matt Schaub (29) 91.5 2004-2010 2TM
12. Chad Pennington (34) 90.1 2000-2010 2TM
13. Joe Flacco (25) 87.9 2008-2010 rav

14. Daunte Culpepper 87.8 1999-2009 4TM
15. Jeff Garcia 87.5 1999-2009 5TM

Ok found it, 17 of the top 40 passing yard total yards in a single season have been from 2006-2010. Five years, accounting for 42.5% of the top 40. There were only 8 from 1990-1999 (10 years - 20%). Or only 4 from 1996-2000 (5 years - 10%).

A jump from 10% (4) to 42.5% (17) in a matter of 10 years clearly means something.
blank
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
According to ALL SAINTS DAY on that article:

Over the last 30 years, only 4 NFC top seeds lost in the first game and the Falcons have now done it twice

Interesting.
UserPostedImage
RedSoxExcel
13 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

He looked horrible. You can't even blame it on first playoff jitters or something. But it is just his 3rd year, so he has time to bounce back but now he will have that "hasn't won a playoff game" thing on him. At least Flacco won a few.
blank
brnt247
13 years ago
He already played a playoff game. It isn't that he couldn't handle the pressure, it's that when he does not have a running game to fall back on he just isn't good enough to score regularly by himself. He's got an accurate arm and makes solid decisions, but he will never be an elite quarterback.
blank
Pack93z
13 years ago

"dfosterf" wrote:

They are calling him "Matty Meltdown" in a comments section of an article on the game at the Atlanta Journal Constitution.

...Just seems cruel, :tongue3: but I admit I laughed a little.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

UserPostedImage
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Rockmolder
13 years ago
WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW, PORKY?!
Users browsing this topic
    Fan Shout
    Mucky Tundra (20h) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
    Mucky Tundra (20h) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
    Zero2Cool (20h) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
    Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
    buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
    Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
    Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
    Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
    Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
    Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
    Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
    Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
    dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
    Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
    beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
    Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
    Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
    Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
    Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
    buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
    buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
    Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
    beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
    Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
    Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
    CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
    Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
    Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
    buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
    Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
    Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
    Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
    Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
    Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
    Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
    Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
    beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
    Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
    Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
    Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
    Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
    Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
    Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
    Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
    Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
    beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
    beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
    Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
    Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
    Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2024 Packers Schedule
    Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
    Eagles
    Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
    COLTS
    Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
    Titans
    Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
    Rams
    Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
    CARDINALS
    Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
    TEXANS
    Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
    Jaguars
    Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
    LIONS
    Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
    49ERS
    Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
    DOLPHINS
    Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
    Seahawks
    Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
    SAINTS
    Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
    Vikings
    Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
    BEARS
    Recent Topics
    1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

28-May / Around The NFL / bboystyle

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.