Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
How could I have forgotten about Foster! +1 by way of apology, old man.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

I would give my left hand for a Falcons forum that operated like this one does. Our board is crap, and there's only one.

"Ice2White" wrote:

It's really a credit to the members more than anything.

For what it's worth, this comment made me very proud.

We can always use another smart fan ya know Ice2White. I do believe the name Rodgers2Jennings is available. 😉
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

I'm a Lions apologist, too [feeling left out, lol]

"dfosterf" wrote:

I know right, I can't think of anyone who has taken the Lions games more seriously than I have. Most say 'gimmie game' I say, its a division game and its gonna be tough, Lions play us tough at all times.

I'm gonna go pout in a corner. :pottytrain2:
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
13 years ago

I'm a Lions apologist, too [feeling left out, lol]

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I know right, I can't think of anyone who has taken the Lions games more seriously than I have. Most say 'gimmie game' I say, its a division game and its gonna be tough, Lions play us tough at all times.

I'm gonna go pout in a corner. :pottytrain2:

"dfosterf" wrote:

Lions are for real from here on out. Vikings, not so much. Detroit nabbed alot of talent in the last draft and their new coach is the real deal. They need their QB to come back.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
mi_keys
13 years ago
+1

It's not easy to come on to an opposing team's forum this shortly after having such a good season end so harshly. You've been a class act in the weeks leading up to both matchups between our two teams and you didn't gloat when Atlanta beat the Pack in the regular season.

As the other forum members have said I hope you stick around at the very least for when the Falcons and Packers play each other as they seem destined to be doing a lot in the next few years.

You guys should be proud of how far your team has come this year. I wish you the best of luck in the coming seasons
Born and bred a cheesehead
13 years ago

You guys are class, through and through.

"Ice2White" wrote:

You obviously haven't met me.[/unbanned]

:pottytrain2:

(but seriously, talk about class...your post is "it")

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

zombieslayer
13 years ago
Ice2White - some other members suggested this and I wanted to say it too - stick around. I enjoy a lot of posters from other teams, specifically a guy named Formo who's a Vikings fan, Vikesrule who's a Vikings fan, our resident Bears troll Polargrizz (like him or hate him, he's pretty funny), and SNAP, a Giants fan who came around back in 2007 before we lost to the Giants.

Would love to add you to that list. I enjoy reading your posts.

A few comments about your team - Roddy White and Michael Turner are playmakers. I hated seeing White open. I had White on my fantasy team all year and he performed admirably. The guy's got elite talent.

So does Turner. Turner scares me because he turns 2 yard gains into first downs consistently. He's a beast to bring down.

As for Ryan, I think his age showed. He was used to letting his teammates make the big plays but when our D started to take them away, I think Ryan forced things. Yes, I know. He had no choice.

I wouldn't put Ryan in elite status just yet. He's got some more maturing to do.

Now on to your D, it's pretty dang good. It's not that your pass D is flawed, it's more Aaron Rodgers is showing that he may be the hands down best QB in the NFL. You had how many sacks on him where he either juked or downright broke the tackles then went on to complete passes?

Your DL beat our OL all night long. Your DL > our OL by far. It's not even close. You stopped our running game. James Starks is a tough guy. He's the guy who can walk into a bar and exclaim he's the toughest guy there and everyone else will continue drinking as not to challenge him. Yet, you guys managed to stop him. Gotta give you credit there. Your D has what it takes to keep you in the Playoffs for years to come.

So, you got a good team. I also like your KR. That guy's also a playmaker. If I'm not mistaken, he's in the Pro Bowl. He's really good.

Thanks for the well wishes. Please come back. Enjoyed your posts.

EDIT: Whoa. Forgot to mention RaiderPride. I often forget he's a Packer fan 2nd. 😉
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Ice2White
13 years ago

Now on to your D, it's pretty dang good. It's not that your pass D is flawed, it's more Aaron Rodgers is showing that he may be the hands down best QB in the NFL. You had how many sacks on him where he either juked or downright broke the tackles then went on to complete passes?

Your DL beat our OL all night long. Your DL > our OL by far. It's not even close. You stopped our running game. James Starks is a tough guy. He's the guy who can walk into a bar and exclaim he's the toughest guy there and everyone else will continue drinking as not to challenge him. Yet, you guys managed to stop him. Gotta give you credit there. Your D has what it takes to keep you in the Playoffs for years to come.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I agree. I've felt that our secondary was improving and underrated for some time. Last night didn't feel like they were playing poorly. It just felt like Rodgers was unstoppable. Our safeties are second and third year players. They're both talented, but they need a little more time. One of our linebackers is a rookie and another is a third year guy, and we've started a rookie at DT all year. I, and probably a lot of other Falcons fans, believe the Falcons need to acquire a left defensive end that can get consistent pressure on the quarterback.

They'll also need to replace Abraham at some point soon, but we may or may not have that player in the organization already. The Falcons drafted an extremely talented but raw defensive end a couple of years ago out of Richmond, which is division two I believe. We're all hoping he'll take over Abraham's position when he's gone. Either way, I don't believe Beirmann is good enough to continue being our starter at LDE. He had three sacks all year, and if I'm not mistaken they all came against the Browns and the Panthers. Other than LDE, the only position I could see us acquiring a new player for is linebacker, but then I don't know the coaching staff intends to keep Mike Peterson or not.

But yeah, that was the fifth ranked scoring defense that the Packers just lit up. It's young, but more talented than most realize, and most teams can't hang 50 on them. Rodgers is unbelievable right now.
I\'m a Falcons fan, but I just wanna talk football. Not start a fight.
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
Ice2White, I just checked, we have more room for you. Feel free to upgrade that dirty bird for lambeau leap!

Okay, I'll lay off on that now, hope to see you around even during non Falcons/Packers weeks.
UserPostedImage
kobe16
13 years ago
Glad you gave props to us. You are a true sport and i am glad to see fans like you on this board.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (4h) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (5h) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (5h) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (5h) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (5h) : 4th
Zero2Cool (5h) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (7h) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (8h) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (12h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (12h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.