RajiRoar
13 years ago
Rodgers bros + Matthews bros = bloodline!

[youtube]tiDJADNNTco[/youtube]

guurr, can't get the video to work.

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
Insert video from YouTube: [youtube]YouTube Video ID[/youtube]

UserPostedImage
kobe16
13 years ago
He's got some talent. Strong arm, quick, agile, he's pretty good.
UserPostedImage
blueleopard
13 years ago
The one thing that stands out is his release.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
peteralan71
13 years ago
He plays JuCo! What talented NFL player has ever come from JuCo? No way in hell he'll EVER pan out!

:sarcasm:
Green Bay: Home of the Green & Gold. And the hunter orange. And the camouflage.
UserPostedImage
peteralan71
13 years ago
http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/sports/except-surname-hes-just-another-vu-hopeful 

Except for surname, he's just another VU hopeful
Sunday, March 21, 2010 at 10:46pm
By David Boclair

Whats in a name? Expectations.

Just ask Jordan Rodgers, the younger brother of Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers and a newcomer to Vanderbilts football team.

He knows that almost everyone forms expectations of him the moment they learn his surname. Some believe he must possess an uncanny ability to throw the ball. Others believe theres no way he can measure up to the standard of his older brother.

Its something Ive dealt with for a while and its actually something I embrace, he said. Having a brother play in the NFL is a blessing. He helps me out. Hes been a great example as a person and as an athlete. The pressure that comes along with it is just something I deal with.

Its something I dont even notice anymore. I look forward to the opportunity to either prove some people wrong or just work hard enough to hopefully fill his shoes some day.

Certainly, his name was part of the attraction for Vanderbilt coaches last fall when it became known he was looking for a place to play following two seasons at Butte College (Oroville, Calif.).

Originally, he committed to Kansas but reopened the recruiting process after that school fired coach Mark Mangino early last December. Before the end of the month, Rodgers signed a letter-of-intent with the Commodores.

Last week, he was one of two players signed after the 2009 season to start spring drills.

Weve had a lot of great quarterbacks whose fathers were either coaches or quarterbacks, coach Bobby Johnson said. I think if its been emphasized in the family or you did it as kids and you saw as an example your older brother, I certainly think it helps.

Simple choices

Whats in a name? History.

The path from junior college to Vanderbilt is not a well-worn one. Only one other player in Johnsons previous eight seasons has traveled it, in fact. For Rodgers, though, it was a simple choice to follow the same basic path his brother once trod.

Aaron Rodgers got no Division I scholarship offers out of high school so he enrolled at Butte, which was not far from the familys home in Chico, Calif.

He played one year there before he was offered a scholarship to attend the University of California. It took less than a year before he was the starter and following his junior season, he made himself available for the NFL draft. He went in the first round (24th overall) to the Green Bay Packers and eventually succeeded Brett Favre as that teams starter.

Jordan Rodgers was a three-sport star at Pleasant Valley High School and led the football team to an 8-3-1 record as a quarterback in his senior season. Even so, he did not look like a Division I prospect.

My senior year I was about 5-11, 160 pounds, he said. I felt like I had a lot of the tools to be a quarterback at the next level. I felt like I had a lot of maturing to do physically, and my brother kind of laying the footwork to go through a junior college path was definitely an influence. I saw that he could do it.

I just felt like I needed a couple more years before Id step on a four-year campus, physically with the tools to compete.

Currently, he is listed at 6-foot-2, 210 pounds, which makes him among the tallest and the heaviest of the five quarterbacks currently on the Commodores roster.

Scoring opportunity

Whats in a name? When the name of the game is to score points, opportunity.

In going 2-10 in 2009, Vanderbilt ranked 110th (out of 120 in the Football Bowl Subdivision) in total offense at 306.33 yards per game. It was even worse tied for 113th in scoring offense with an average of 16.33 points per game.

Both ranked at the bottom of the Southeastern Conference.

I wouldnt say that I had given too much thought to the possibility of going to Vanderbilt, Rodgers said. I remember when I was looking at schools, just kind of looking through rosters at who might possibly need a junior college quarterback, I really didnt think that Vanderbilt might be one of them.

There certainly is not any sort of obvious opening, but anyone who can improve the performance of the offense will be considered for immediate playing time.

The Commodores stable of quarterbacks includes last years starter, Larry Smith (a fourth-year junior), Jared Funk (a fifth-year senior) and 2009 recruit Charlie Goro, the first Parade All-American since 1985 to sign with Vanderbilt. Goro was redshirted last season.

Rodgers has three years to play two, which means VUs coaches have the opportunity to redshirt him if they dont feel he is prepared to make an immediate impact on the program this fall.

The only thing hes got to do is learn what to do, Johnson said. Thats going to take a while. Hes a fast learner, a smart kid. He wont have trouble picking it up. Hell be ready to go soon.

That certainly was the case at Butte, where he accomplished things even his brother did not.

Jordan Rodgers started five times during the schools first undefeated season (12-0), one that ended with the 2008 National Junior College Championship. Last fall, he was an all-conference selection when he set the school record with 2,512 yards of total offense.

Manning the challenges

Whats in a name? Challenges.

The name Vanderbilt does not exactly evoke the image of football excellence.

It has been proven time and again that the task of competing in the Southeastern Conference is a significant one. One thing that makes the schools burden much heavier is its academic standards, both in terms of admissions and classroom performance in pursuit of a degree.

Neither reality seemed particularly daunting to the younger Rodgers, who earned academic recognition last fall.

As a quarterback, you want to go to a place where you can compete at the highest level possible, he said. Playing in the SEC, youre not going to get much better or play against better defenses. Also the academic standpoint Ive had good grades my whole life, and thats something thats definitely important to me getting a good degree.

Neither of those things preclude the possibility that he might one day make the Rodgers name as prevalent in the NFL quarterback fraternity as that of Manning.

That much has been obvious to him often since he arrived on campus. Many times he has been in the weight room at the same time as former Commodores quarterback Jay Cutler, a former first-round pick and the current starter for the Chicago Bears.

He loved it here so he was telling me about his experience here and about his experience with our coaching staff, Rodgers said. He just had nothing but great things to say about it.

I knew Jay went here and had great success. Its a place where a quarterback can succeed and move on to the next level.

It might even be a place where a quarterback can make a name for himself.

Green Bay: Home of the Green & Gold. And the hunter orange. And the camouflage.
UserPostedImage
British
13 years ago
Depending on when he comes out he could be the next young QB for Mike McCarthy and Clements to develop. Seems like he did better than Rodgers at JuCo which bodes well.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
packerfanoutwest (2h) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (7h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (9h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (9h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (11h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (11h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (11h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (12h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (12h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (23h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

6h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.