peteralan71
13 years ago

Starks had more yards (74) than Forte (70).

"Greg C." wrote:

Misleading stat of the day.

Here's a more helpful stat to tell you what kind of day each player had: Starks had 80 yards from scrimmage. Forte had 160.

"peteralan71" wrote:

Haha I was just coming into this thread because I forgot about all of his receiving yards and was going to clarify. I couldn't figure out why it seemed like he had such a great day but he only had 70 rushing yards, then the obvious answer of reception yards hit me. Thanks for the help with that one 😉
Green Bay: Home of the Green & Gold. And the hunter orange. And the camouflage.
UserPostedImage
porky88
13 years ago

Possibly the dumbest interception of Rodgers' career. All the time in the world to throw, and he hits Urlacher right between the numbers. What the...?

"Greg C." wrote:

You know, all the mistakes in this game were mostly minor in my view. That even includes Raji's premature celebration and Shields running it out.

The Rodgers throw was awful. Pretty close to being as bad as Matt Ryan's throw that Tramon Williams picked off and took to the house in the divisional round.

An area Rodgers needs to improve on is his situational football. He is too greedy sometimes. If it his third and three, there is nothing wrong with the four-yard out. However, he has a tendency to take the shot down the field. Sometimes it works, but more often than not, it does not.

This is an example of situational football. 14-0 and all you need is a field goal to make it a three score game. He tries to force something, when he should have taken the sack and let Mason Crosby attempt a field goal. Instead, he panic and threw a poor throw and Brian Urlacher took advantage.

It is a mistake in otherwise a fantastic postseason. However, it is also a reminder that Rodgers can improve.
13 years ago
Rodgers 2nd-4th quarter impotence really worried me and stressed me the fuck out, but I'll quote my sister here:

"here's my theory....got our crappy-ass-ness out of the way and now we'll actually play football again in two weeks!!!!"

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

RedSoxExcel
13 years ago

Possibly the dumbest interception of Rodgers' career. All the time in the world to throw, and he hits Urlacher right between the numbers. What the...?

"porky88" wrote:

You know, all the mistakes in this game were mostly minor in my view. That even includes Raji's premature celebration and Shields running it out.

The Rodgers throw was awful. Pretty close to being as bad as Matt Ryan's throw that Tramon Williams picked off and took to the house in the divisional round.

An area Rodgers needs to improve on is his situational football. He is too greedy sometimes. If it his third and three, there is nothing wrong with the four-yard out. However, he has a tendency to take the shot down the field. Sometimes it works, but more often than not, it does not.

This is an example of situational football. 14-0 and all you need is a field goal to make it a three score game. He tries to force something, when he should have taken the sack and let Mason Crosby attempt a field goal. Instead, he panic and threw a poor throw and Brian Urlacher took advantage.

It is a mistake in otherwise a fantastic postseason. However, it is also a reminder that Rodgers can improve.

"Greg C." wrote:

That pass to Urlarcher, wow was that bad. I was in shock when it happened because I'm so used to him not doing that.

So I don't know about that situational stuff. Doesn't he have one of the best (if not the best) stats in the red zone? He seems to generally make good decisions in the red zone, especially with getting out of the pocket when there is pressure. A lot of the big TDs seem to come from him running around and making a play. It's impossible for something never bad to happen.

All that said, the sack earlier in the game that took them out of FG range was horrible (can't remember if it was a bad call or bad lineplay or he held on too long - so who knows who to blame) but that play made me sick. Against a team like the Steelers, that the difference between winning and losing as you can't keep them in the game. They will find a way.

There are other areas he could improve, I still think he's a bit inconsistent as he seems to struggle sometimes and just completely die (although that could be said for the Packers O as a whole or the playcalling). But some games, it just seems like they are dead on offense and I hope that doesn't happen again in two weeks as you are not going to win too many games that way relying almost solely on the D to shutout the other team.
blank
kobe16
13 years ago

"porky88" wrote:

"Greg C." wrote:

I kind of agree with this post here. Rodgers does sometimes go for the big play a little too often on short down situations. He should have just taken the sack and went up 17-0 but I must admit he did make the play of the game by tackling Urlacher.
UserPostedImage
Since69
13 years ago

Starks had more yards (74) than Forte (70).

"peteralan71" wrote:

Thank you. Saved me some research and typing.

And I realize that Forte had more yards receiving. I just don't want anyone thinking that Starks didn't play well.
UserPostedImage
GermanGilbert
13 years ago
one more mistake:

james starks was taken oob when he was fighting for one more yard on that last drive. go down inside and don't care about one yard more or less, man, that saved the bears 40 seconds.
blank
porky88
13 years ago

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

"porky88" wrote:

That pass to Urlarcher, wow was that bad. I was in shock when it happened because I'm so used to him not doing that.

So I don't know about that situational stuff. Doesn't he have one of the best (if not the best) stats in the red zone? He seems to generally make good decisions in the red zone, especially with getting out of the pocket when there is pressure. A lot of the big TDs seem to come from him running around and making a play. It's impossible for something never bad to happen.

All that said, the sack earlier in the game that took them out of FG range was horrible (can't remember if it was a bad call or bad lineplay or he held on too long - so who knows who to blame) but that play made me sick. Against a team like the Steelers, that the difference between winning and losing as you can't keep them in the game. They will find a way.

There are other areas he could improve, I still think he's a bit inconsistent as he seems to struggle sometimes and just completely die (although that could be said for the Packers O as a whole or the playcalling). But some games, it just seems like they are dead on offense and I hope that doesn't happen again in two weeks as you are not going to win too many games that way relying almost solely on the D to shutout the other team.

"Greg C." wrote:

Ill echo the play calling, especially the second half being awful.

Situational football isn't just the red zone. The Urlacher play was an example of him trying to force something that wasnt there. The coverage was great and the pressure was great. The Bears won that play, but Rodgers tried to force the issue.

Rodgers had a play against Atlanta where he completed a 20-yard pass (give or take) to Donald Driver. He avoided the rusher, rolled out, and made an awkward throw. During that play, people ignored that he could have run for the first down or simply dumped it off to Brandon Jackson. Both plays would have converted the third and two, but he made an even better throw to Driver, so all is well. This play is an example of his greediness working.

I believe the bad came against the Bears in week 17 on a third and short. He took a deep shot. The result is incomplete and the Packers have to punt. He had other options, but he immediately took the shot because there was a matchup on the outside that he liked. He certainly saw something on film, which is why he takes these shots. However, film study cannot account for situations though. He needed to understand that they didnt need the deep strike at that point in the game.

More often than not, those plays don't work and drives stall, which is why I bring it up. Now, it doesnt happen in every game, so this isnt something I am worried about come Super Bowl Sunday. It does happen enough to make me cringe a little though.

He does make enough deep passes to hide the weakness, but it is a flaw in his game. It is also a very correctable flaw. I am sure hell fix it. However, it does serve as a reminder that he can get better. You think he is good now, watch out when he fixes that.
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
We've discussed Rodgers going for 15, when he needs 5 and has someone open for 7 many times in the chat. I know I've said it many times. DUMP IT OFF! lol
UserPostedImage
LambeauEast
13 years ago
The last 6 minutes of that game seemed like an eternity!!
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14h) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (15h) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.