RaiderPride
13 years ago
Why this week means so very much to me.

I am Raider Pride. That alone places me below most of you, as a Packer Fan is concerned.

I can not hold a candle to a Packer Fan like Zero. It is not even close.

I can not compare myself to Longtime, nor macbob. I certainly can not understand the passion of since69 (Even though I do not see eye to eye with him as far as what a fan should be.) Fact is Since69 on game day has more right to be a fan of this special team than do. . He has earned that right.

Twinkie... I do not know. I think we may be tied as Packer Fans.

Dexter you are above me, Pack92Z is way,way way above me. Peteralan has more right to cheer The Green and Gold than I do. I am not even in the same ball park as Greg C.

I could go on and on, and on and on about people here on this great site that deserve this week more than I.

However.... I love this team. I love this organization,

I loved Ted since he put the plan together. I thought Mike was a GREAT coach but might be a coach that could not take it to the Super Bowl. I was wrong.

Why this week means so very much to me.

It is about anticipation and confidence. It is about visualizing victory. It is about one more for Vince even though he is long gone.

It is about seeing Mike being recognized for the talent loss he had to overcome with every injury and get the most out of the room.

This week for me is about the hope and wish that Mark and Ted will be cherished in Green Bay and have their place marked on the hallowed ground that they work 65 hours a week right now.

I cherish my NFC team The Packers. I cherish them as much as I cherish the Raiders.

THIS WEEK FOR ME MEANS CHUCK WOODSON WEARING A RING FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE.

THIS WEEK FOR ME MEANS AARON STEPPING INTO A CLASS HE SHOULD BE IN BASED ON HIS COMMITMENT.

THIS WEEK FOR ME MEANS DONALD DRIVER, THE VETS ON THE O LINE AND EVERY SINGLE PACKER WEARING THE BLING FOR THE REST OF THIER LIFE;

SO... THE QUESTION IS....

WHAT DOES THIS WEEK MEAN TO YOU?
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Pack93z
13 years ago
What does the week mean to me.. depends on the portion of me in question.

The football fan in me.. that one that consumes this game with a non-ending passion.. it means everything to me.

It is my team.. the colors I bleed on full display for the world to embrace and witness for a few short hours without distraction.

The pride and joy.. the dreams never lived that reside in me.

And I couldn't be prouder of this franchise before you all.

It really matters not the outcome come next Sunday.. just that they display the heart, the sportsmanship and the honor of this great franchise.. and leave it all upon the field.

And I will forever continue to embrace those colors.. pump those colors within and enjoy the moment.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Dulak
13 years ago
To be honest ...
Them winning 'could' mean I may be getting married.

- a little background -

I lost my job 6 months ago; met this Great woman near that time and we pretty much had a whirlwind romance - moved in with her shortly after we met.

my time here in london is nearly up (end of may); unless I can find an employer that will 'take me on'.

My girlfriend and I have 'discussed' marriage and each of us feels it still is a bit soon; but both of us care alot about each other and this is our ultimate goal in a relationship.

We both do not want to get married because of circumstances (my visa); I told her we must choose to be masters of our circumstances...

To make a long story short - If the packers win; I win enough money to 'perhaps' cover the small personal wedding she has talked about (getting married in a church in rome and inviting a small number of friends to it).
The ring I have covered
- I obtained a ring from my grandmother over christmas -

My girlfriend pretty much pays for all the bills where we live and my savings are pretty much tapped.

I would like to be able to come to her and tell her that if we choose to get married I have enough money for us to do her little weddings in rome like she wants too.

... now this doesnt mean if they don't then win its off the table - it just may mean the circumstances may be different

I do not know what the future may hold for me and my girlfriend; but I do know if the Packers win - I may be smiling a little more the following day 🙂
flep
13 years ago
What does this week mean to me?

It means I was right all those years ago (1983 to be exact) to have chosen the pack to support.

I am stoked when on facebook that my nephews, sisters, daughter and son are posting about the Packers, especially my nephews. They finally get my love for this team. I even think we have a few more fans on this side of the pond now because of me going on and on and on and on about the pack.

I cannot wait for the 6th to come.

I truly believe this is our year.

Though no matter what happens this team has been unbelievable this season despite all the adversity and I think we will be at the top of the tree for quite a few years to come.
Formed Merseyside Nighthawks. British Champions 1992. Packer fan for 32 years
UserPostedImage

I feel very wrong now!!!!!!!!!
Jacob
13 years ago
LOL I LIKE DEM PACKERS
Since69
13 years ago
What does this week mean to me?

Exhilaration that my Packers are in the Superbowl again.
Worry that maybe I'm not doing all I can to help them.
Restlessness as I wait for the 6th.
Dread because afterward there won't be any more football for a while.
Relief that I was wrong about what would happen to this team after Brent left.
Delight that this organization is receiving the kudos it deserves.
Luck that I root for such a great team.
Pride that I have done so for the last 42 years.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago
RP, you have as much right to be a Packer fan as anyone. Just because you support another team as well doesn't preclude you from having the right to enjoy greatness. (Ok I will add a Bears-Vikings exemption.)

I have been a fan for a very very long time. 60's. It doesn't make me any better of a fan that a "johnny come lately" like Zero. ::razz: Just older.

The week is enjoyable. Unfortunately I have a lot of extra stuff on my plate so I can not spend hours upon hours sifting thru all the media stuff.

It is funny how far information has come. When I was a kid living near Peoria I desperately wanted to find out any information I could about the Packers. There was very little of it in Central IL. Now in this day and age even Rockmolder in the Netherlands can get his fill.
UserPostedImage
peteralan71
13 years ago
I shall describe what this week, nay, this TEAM, means to me in the form of an acronym.

Fullfillment of each weekend
Unbeleivable highs and lows
Companionship level with others that I never would have expected
Keeps me even closer with my family

Yellow and Green blood running through my cheese-filled veins
Obtained more happiness than I could imagine
Uncontrollable rage at times, but a wife that is Understanding :)

Both warm heart and headaches
Elation even during the preseason
A website that I can call home
Revelation that I am part of what makes the Packers so great: their fan base.
Sensational excitement that I cannot seem to find anywhere else.

Wow. That was more difficult that I had originally guessed it would be!
Green Bay: Home of the Green & Gold. And the hunter orange. And the camouflage.
UserPostedImage
13 years ago

Twinkie... I do not know. I think we may be tied as Packer Fans.

"RaiderPride" wrote:

Oh totally. I mean, I'm sure you were there watching every week as Lynn Dickey took the team down the field, right?

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

peteralan71
13 years ago
Who the hell is Lynn Dickey? 🙂
Green Bay: Home of the Green & Gold. And the hunter orange. And the camouflage.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
beast (4h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (4h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (19h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (20h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (21h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (21h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (22h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
29m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

30m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.