Rockmolder
13 years ago

Ridiculous that Tramon isn't in that picture. He keeps getting snubbed when talking about what makes the Packers great. He's our best defensive player and still a young player.

"Packers_Finland" wrote:

I disagree on the best player on the defense statement, but I do think he'd be a better pick than Jermichael Finley.
RaiderPride
13 years ago

Ridiculous that Tramon isn't in that picture. He keeps getting snubbed when talking about what makes the Packers great. He's our best defensive player and still a young player.

"Packers_Finland" wrote:

Tramond just tweeted he feels dis respected for not being in that shot.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
zombieslayer
13 years ago
Finley will be part of that dynasty. He'll only miss the first SB of it. Kind of how people forget the Niners won their 1st 2 without Jerry Rice.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡Ή πŸ‡²πŸ‡² πŸ‡¦πŸ‡·
all_about_da_packers
13 years ago

Anyone have the full article?

"wils0646" wrote:

I'd rather not post it all, because I'd rather encourage others to subscribe to Packers Insiders on JSOnline - McGinn posts some excellent articles, especially leading up to and right after the draft.

I'll give you a somewhat detailed summary:

- McGinn does a little bit of a roster analysis, coming to the conclusion that outside of KR there is no really big void that Ted needs to fill on this team. Suggests that if Newhouse progresses from year 1 to year 2 like some other Packers have, they will be set at Tackle. Says Bulaga is young (21) and has not had any terrible game.

- Says Ted has versatility going into this draft. Believes one of Hawk / Barnett must be let go (released, trade, or otherwise) and suggests Ted may have the resources to trade up if there is a player still there he really likes. Also, McGinn is quite assertive in saying this is the draft in which Ted will find a bookend opposite Mathews.

- Compares this Packers team to the one during 96. Suggests this team is built to sustain success longer, with the offensive centerpiece (Rodgers) and defensive centerpiece (Mathews) both being so young. Further, says that if Thompson is around as GM for some time, that should ensure Green Bay gets some talented players through the draft.

- Then compares this Packers team to the Cowboys of the 90s. Suggests this team can be dominant like that team. Free agency might lead to some loss in talented back-up players, though, which can be overcome with solid drafting and developing. Suggests the duo of McCarthy / Thompson has more chemistry and Johnson / Jones, which bodes well for sustained success.

- Says this team's core is young, and very talented. Says that players like Finley will be extra motivated for success.

- Tells how last year, after the Arizona loss, a scout from another team in the playoffs came up and told Ted his team (Packers) was the most talented team in the playoffs. Further says that McCarthy will use certain things for motivation, even if Packers win it all next year (like, for example, not being NFC North Champions).

- Ends by saying the Packers have the pieces (players) and coaches to go on a very successful run. (note: this is not to say that the Packers will, but rather they can)
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Rockmolder
13 years ago

Says Ted has versatility going into this draft. Believes one of Hawk / Barnett must be let go (released, trade, or otherwise) and suggests Ted may have the resources to trade up if there is a player still there he really likes. Also, McGinn is quite assertive in saying this is the draft in which Ted will find a bookend opposite Mathews.

If Ted manages to, somehow, draft Von Miller, I will start the official Ted Thompson fanclub. We'll bring him all the Mountain Dew and women he'll want.
zombieslayer
13 years ago

I'd rather not post it all, because I'd rather encourage others to subscribe to Packers Insiders on JSOnline - McGinn posts some excellent articles, especially leading up to and right after the draft.

I'll give you a somewhat detailed summary:

- McGinn does a little bit of a roster analysis, coming to the conclusion that outside of KR there is no really big void that Ted needs to fill on this team. Suggests that if Newhouse progresses from year 1 to year 2 like some other Packers have, they will be set at Tackle. Says Bulaga is young (21) and has not had any terrible game.

- Says Ted has versatility going into this draft. Believes one of Hawk / Barnett must be let go (released, trade, or otherwise) and suggests Ted may have the resources to trade up if there is a player still there he really likes. Also, McGinn is quite assertive in saying this is the draft in which Ted will find a bookend opposite Mathews.

- Compares this Packers team to the one during 96. Suggests this team is built to sustain success longer, with the offensive centerpiece (Rodgers) and defensive centerpiece (Mathews) both being so young. Further, says that if Thompson is around as GM for some time, that should ensure Green Bay gets some talented players through the draft.

- Then compares this Packers team to the Cowboys of the 90s. Suggests this team can be dominant like that team. Free agency might lead to some loss in talented back-up players, though, which can be overcome with solid drafting and developing. Suggests the duo of McCarthy / Thompson has more chemistry and Johnson / Jones, which bodes well for sustained success.

- Says this team's core is young, and very talented. Says that players like Finley will be extra motivated for success.

- Tells how last year, after the Arizona loss, a scout from another team in the playoffs came up and told Ted his team (Packers) was the most talented team in the playoffs. Further says that McCarthy will use certain things for motivation, even if Packers win it all next year (like, for example, not being NFC North Champions).

- Ends by saying the Packers have the pieces (players) and coaches to go on a very successful run. (note: this is not to say that the Packers will, but rather they can)

"all_about_da_packers" wrote:

Thanks AADP for the summary. A few comments...

The OL can use some work. Buluga is not enough and I'm not holding my breath with Newhouse. If he works out, awesome. But what I said earlier, another reason why Aaron's the best QB in the NFL, like Ben R, he can still be outstanding with or without an OL. Those 2 may be the only QBs in the NFL you can say that with a straight face.

I'd take Hawk over Barnett. Used to love Nick but now I think he's a mismatch for our system. Hawk on the other hand is underrated and underappreciated by Packers fans. He makes lots of tackles. That's what he's supposed to do. Plus, check out how many games he's missed in his career. A very small number.

The 96 Packers team should have had more SBs but 2 weird things happened in the 90s - the Cows were the dominant team that knocked us out for the first half of the 90s, then the Broncos' small OL killed us.

There are no equivalents to the 90s Cows and the '97 Broncos today. That leaves it open for us to be the dynasty. The Patriots are on decline and have been now for years. The Falcons are quite good but I don't think you can put Matt Ryan in the same sentence as Aaron. The Steelers may be our biggest competitors. The Saints I don't think can do it with their average D. They pulled it off one year, but I don't see them doing it again. da Bears had their shot this year and fell short. The Vikings are done.

MM/TT do have more chemistry than Jones/Johnson. As much as I disliked the Cows, I've always respected Johnson and hated Jones. Jones is an egomaniac and his ego chased Johnson out the door whereas Johnson's arguably one of the top 3 coaches of the 90s. Thank you Jones for being an a-hole.

Finley WILL be a big part of this dynasty. As I said earlier, people forget Rice didn't play in the first 2 Niner SBs. Grant will too. As much as fans on this site criticize Grant, Grant kicks ass. He should be given a medal for getting 1200+ yards a year with this joke of a OL.

Am I being premature saying we'll be a dynasty? Well, instead, call me Zombieslaydamus. Enjoy it folks.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡Ή πŸ‡²πŸ‡² πŸ‡¦πŸ‡·
Greg C.
13 years ago

Love it, but we gotta win one first, lol. :P

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

No kidding. And there is such a fine line between being competitive and not being competitive. A key injury or two, or some high draft picks not panning out. I would rather not think about this stuff until after the game.
blank
azrunning
13 years ago

The Patriots are on decline and have been now for years.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I wouldn't say 14-2 is on a decline and the have about half of the first 60 picks in this years draft.
blank
TOPackerFan
13 years ago
I sometimes wonder why McGinn hasn't moved on to a paper with a larger national platform, but I'm so thankful he hasn't. He's truly the best NFL writer I've ever read and that he covers my team makes it even better.
Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince
zombieslayer
13 years ago

I wouldn't say 14-2 is on a decline and the have about half of the first 60 picks in this years draft.

"azrunning" wrote:

Welker's not 100%. He appears to have lost a step. He went from being the best possession WR in the NFL to being pretty good.

Brady's best years are behind him.

The OL is still sick and one of the best if not the best in the NFL.

The D's got issues.

Belichick's best days are behind him. His arrogance used to work. Now everyone sees it coming.

14-2 and half of the first 60 picks in next year's draft aside, the team has "intangible issues." They've become more like the Chargers than the Patriots of the early 00s - regular season dominance, post-season folders.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (9h) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (18h) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (18h) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: β€œGot in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
21-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright Β© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comβ„’. All Rights Reserved.