Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago

how he said it and being sarcastic as hell was.

"Pack93z" wrote:

Except I wasn't being sarcastic. I was being serious. A number of people on this site have proposed giving rings to both Kampman and Green in the (at that time hypothetical) case that the Packers won it all.

So I really do wonder: If a ring is extended to Harris, where should the line be drawn? Both of the other aforementioned players helped the Packers get to the playoff last year.

The point raised about Harris choosing to sign with another team instead of go on IR was an interesting and valid one I hadn't considered before.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
13 years ago
I say yes you offer it to him just out of respect, he could of very easily blasted the Packers for him busting his ass and them not activating him for games, but he didn't he took out a huge ad to thank everyone. You don't think he was talking with the younger players and giving them advice. He was basically a coach to some of them guys I bet. And guess what coaches get rings. I say you offer it to him out of respect for the things he did do this year.

The guy came back from having his damn spleen removed to try and help the team when he could have just sat back and said oh well, just give me my money as I sit here and do nothing.

What did Ryan Grant do for us this year? Or even Finley?
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago

he could of very easily blasted the Packers for him busting his ass and them not activating him for games, but he didn't he took out a huge ad to thank everyone.

"dhazer" wrote:

True, and the Packers could simply have stashed him on IR and ended his season right there (which is what I think they should have done), but instead they gave him every opportunity to recuperate and rehabilitate on team property with team staff and resources. They gave him the opportunity to demonstrate his ability to contribute on the team after the PUP period was up. For whatever reason, they didn't believe he had shown that potential. Then again instead of stashing him on IR, they allowed him to do what he wanted most -- pursue the opportunity to play this season -- by waiving him and letting him take offers from other teams.

They gave him every chance to chase his dreams. Not every team in the league would have done that.

I think the situation was handled well from both sides.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
13 years ago

how he said it and being sarcastic as hell was.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Except I wasn't being sarcastic. I was being serious. A number of people on this site have proposed giving rings to both Kampman and Green in the (at that time hypothetical) case that the Packers won it all.

"Pack93z" wrote:

But I haven't and didn't in the opening post.. hence why I took it as a sarcastic remark. I didn't ask about Kampman that left via FA.. or Green whom wasn't resigned. I mentioned only Al, whom spent considerable amount of time on the 2010 roster..

Now.. where was Harris offered to be put on IR? Basically he was released when the deadline came and even commented that he guessed that Ted and Mike felt he wasn't good enough to be part of this team. I don't remember him being offer IR.

The Packers did right by Al keeping him on the roster, paying him while he rehabbed and decided long term that youth was a better option.

Completely understandable.

But his impact on this years club I think are being discounted.

I am not demanding he be given a ring.. I was just querying about it and why I could support it.

Nothing more than a ring of honor type thing.. or being included in the Packer HOF... just a simple sign of respect.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
djcubez
13 years ago
I think it would be a great gesture by the Packers organization and I also think Mr. Harris would be too respectful to accept. I know he didn't play at all this year for us but he was around the team. He talked to players. But more importantly he was a part of this team ever since Rodgers was drafted. He was a veteran presence on team filled with youth. He helped this team grow into what they are today.

I don't personally think he deserves one. He didn't play in any one of our games this year. I just feel it'd be a good thing to do, knowing what Al Harris meant to this team and this town and what this team and this town meant to Al Harris. He is probably the only player not on our team that I would consider offering a ring to.

My question is, had Al Harris retired instead of signed with the Dolphins would you feel more strongly about offering him a ring?
Fan Shout
packerfanoutwest (2h) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (8h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (10h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (10h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (12h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (12h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (12h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (13h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (13h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4m / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

7h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.