zombieslayer
13 years ago
Who's our biggest threat to stop us from winning it all next year?

I personally think da Bears overachieved. The Falcons are solid, except I don't think Ryan is elite. The Patriots will always be a threat as long as Brady is their QB and Belichick is their coach. The Steelers' D is still sick and Troy P is only 27. So I think it's the Falcons in the NFC and the Pats and the Steelers in the AFC. I just don't trust the Jets or the Eagles to reach the CG next year (in their respective conferences). The Saints don't have the D and last year was a fluke as everything seemed to go right for them.

The Lions will be the sleeper. I expect them to be 8-8 or 9-7 next year and reach the Playoffs as a WC team in '12.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
shield4life
13 years ago
I'd have to say the Falcons, they will be looking for revenge.
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Pack93z
13 years ago
Easily the Falcons in my book.. that team is building much like us.. I am guessing that they fill in some of the gap that was missing this season..which is depth and versatility in the style of game they can play.

The Pats/Jets and Steelers/Ravens or in fact any AFC team will only be standing in our way in the Superbowl. Personally I will worry about that in Feb next year. ;)

BTW.. a dark horse to take another step and cause us headaches.. Detroit.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
peteralan71
13 years ago
As good as the Steelers are, well rounded on offense, unreal D, I still think that the Falcons will be tough. We beat the hell out of them, but I think out of 10 games, they may win more. They, like us, have an up and coming QB. They arguably have a better running game. We have a better defense and receiving corps (Tony Gonzales is getting old, and Finley is an animal that will come into next season with something to prove). This being said, I think that they will be playing with the intangible against us if we see them again. They got embarassed at home. Playing them makes me most nervous.

I know that the "hot pick" will probably be the Pats, but honestly I just don't buy it. Brady had an amzing year because he has a great line and receivers that do NOT drop passes. He had his year. I think that next year will be a different story. I don't see them winning more than 11 next year. I understand that 11-5 is great, but it seems like everybody thinks they'll win out the whole season again like they did a few years back.

If we are able to find a CB to start rotating in some. Shields is taking on a new stage of his own, Williams is established, but Woodson only has 1-2 yrs left, and Ted needs to acknowledge this. I believe 100% that he will. Also, we need to address OL issues (whether Newhouse will work or if we need a new OT).

Finally, the Bears majorly overachieved. Urlacher is on his way downhill, Briggs can't do much without him, and Cutler will take a huge hit from the NFC CG. He simply will not be able to get it done. He always has underacheived when considering his hype, and he will continue to do so. Will Forte is their only key to success offensively.
Green Bay: Home of the Green & Gold. And the hunter orange. And the camouflage.
UserPostedImage
porky88
13 years ago
In the division, it will be the Detroit Lions.

I think the Bears are going to fall to last place in the NFC North. They were very fortunate this season in some of their victories and I still don't believe Jay Cutler and Mike Martz is a match for the long run.

The Lions have a ton of young talent that is developing, especially on defense. Offensively, they need to get their QB healthy and fix their offensive line.

In the NFC, it is the Falcons.

I have said numerous times that I believe Atlanta and Green Bay in the 2010s will be like Indianapolis and New England was in the 2000s.

I like Baltimore and New England to make runs in the AFC next year. We will see how things go, but I am leaning toward one of those teams making it to the Super Bowl. I will probably go with the Ravens again.
IronMan
13 years ago
A lockout.
earthquake
13 years ago
Complacency, bad luck, someone murdering half the team. In late 2009 I felt the only team that could really stop that packers was... the Packers. If they stay relatively healthy I think that will be the case as well in 2011.
blank
musccy
13 years ago
damnit earthquake, you stole my thunder! +1 (begrudingly, though)

The Cowboys get Romo back in addition to a lot of 'sexy' stars that all obviously underperformed for the first 8 weeks...so along with the Lions I think they're an up and coming team.

Philly is very young at skill positions and seems that they could be a viable threat pretty easily, and obviously the Falcons are a very solid team that rarely beats themselves (unless they play GB in the playoffs).
Cheesey
13 years ago

A lockout.

"IronMan" wrote:

That's how i see it.
UserPostedImage
blueleopard
13 years ago
Short of Carolina, the entire NFC South is dangerous.

Then there's a re-motivated Dallas team.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (13h) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (13h) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (13h) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.