DanJustDan29
13 years ago
That first article was pretty funny...
Teamwork is what the Green Bay Packers were all about. They didn't do it for individual glory. They did it because they loved one another. -Vince Lombardi
macbob
13 years ago

Uh, the first article is quite obviously satirical. I thought it was pretty funny myself.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Same here--it was too funny.
UserPostedImage
Greg C.
13 years ago
Sorry, I couldn't make it past #1. This sentence made me laugh: "In 2009, Rodgers admitted he almost got hurt in one of the Bears games on a two-point conversion attempt."
blank
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
13 years ago

Uh, the first article is quite obviously satirical. I thought it was pretty funny myself.

"macbob" wrote:

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

It took me a while to figure out the first article was a spoof. But they had me going for a while.
UserPostedImage
macbob
13 years ago

"wpr" wrote:

"macbob" wrote:

It took me a while to figure out the first article was a spoof. But they had me going for a while.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

I had some suspicions reading #1, but the heading for #2 confirmed it: our #5 receiver wasn't as good as Randy Moss, so we're going to be a one year wonder...lol...
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
13 years ago

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Yup me too

If you truly believe Chillar and Pop are best LB the NFL has to offer then thats pretty sad
Greg C.
13 years ago
Ah, I stopped reading three quarters of the way into #1, right before it became obvious that it was a spoof.
blank
Dexter_Sinister
13 years ago
"Rodgers has a history of devastating injuries" That was enough to get me laughing. I knew it was a spoof of Viking fans.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Jon305
13 years ago
not even going to bother reading something so stupid
blank
Toddy
13 years ago
The first article is a spoof of this article . Hard to believe but this author was actually being serious.

Congratulations to the Green Bay Packers!
They made the playoffs as a number six seed and won three games on the road to get to the Super Bowl.
They deserved to win the championship this year.
Aaron Rodgers is one of the most visible players on the Packers. It was great to see him win a championship ring, and the Most Valuable Player award, which he deserved.
Green Bay's defense was underrated all season, and they played great at the end of the season.
As strong as Green Bay played, here are 10 reasons they will not make the playoffs next year.

Reason 1: Aaron Rodgers' Head
Rodgers had two concussions this year. Here we see him on the turf against the Washington Redskins, a game Green Bay lost in overtime.
Rodgers doesn't play well after getting hit in the head. That's not a criticism of his toughness, he is worthy of his MVP award in the Super Bowl, and in all three playoff games as well.
However, when he gets hit in the head, it changes the way he throws the ball. Look at the second half of the NFC Championship game. After getting hit by the Chicago Bears, the second half possessions were five punts and an interception.

Reason 2: Jordy Nelson Is Not a Cheese-Head Wes Welker
Jordy Nelson caught nine passes for 140 yards and a touchdown in the Super Bowl. Rodgers threw to him 15 times.
Nelson is becoming a legend in Green Bay. He's the cheese-head version of Wes Welker.
Except that he's not. He's an excellent wide receiver, but he's not an elite wide receiver.
And because he had such a great Super Bowl, the coaches are going to target him more. They will think he can sustain this level of excellence.
He can't.
He will average five catches a game next year, and he will drop the ball at least five times a game.
And his drops will cost the Packers at least two victories.

Reason 3: Charles Woodson
Charles Woodson is a great cornerback. He could start on any team in the NFL.
However, he is 34, and he's been in the NFL for 13 years. He is not the same player he was 13 years ago, and the beating he has taken counts for something.
He does not need surgery to repair his broken clavicle and plans to play again next year. How aggressively will he approach running backs weighing 40 pounds more than him?
He will play, because he's an icon in Green Bay, and the NFL, but he will not be as effective.
Look for two interceptions, which is how many he had this year.

Reason 4: The Running Game
The Packers rushed for 50 yards in the title game. The Packers ran 55 offensive plays, 39 of them were passes.
Brandon Jackson led the team in rushing this year. He went for 703 yards. In the four playoff games, he rushed for 28 yards.
The second leading regular season rusher was Rodgers, who scored more touchdowns rushing than Jackson and had a higher average per carry.
NFL teams will adjust to the passing game.
Green Bay needs a real running back; they don't have one.

Reason 5: Chicago Bears Offensive Coordinator Mike Martz
The Bears are going to win the NFC Central next year because of Mike Martz. The wild card is not going to come from the NFC Central, therefore the Packers will not make the playoffs.
Martz is a great offensive coach. He was a coach with the St. Louis Rams, and in his seven seasons there he went to two Super Bowls.
He has a record of 55-5 with a lead at any time in the fourth quarter, which is the best of all time.
Look for the Bears to dump Jay Cutler and ride an offensive storm to dominate the NFC Central.

Reason 6: The New York Giants and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Green Bay won the wild card by winning the last game of the season at home against the Bears.
Their record was 10-6, and there were two other NFC teams who went 10-6 and did not make the playoffs: Tampa Bay and the New York Giants.
The Giants lost to Green Bay and the Philadelphia Eagles (twice). However, Eli Manning passed for over 4,000 yards and Ahmad Bradshaw ran for over 1,200.
Next year, they could get Plaxico Burress back.

Reason 7: Injuries
Green Bay was picked by many to go to the Super Bowl during the preseason, due to the strength of the defense and the play of Rodgers.
Those are the two reasons they won the Super Bowl this year and won three playoff games on the road.
They did struggle with injuries this year.
A lot of injuries.
Six opening day starters went on injured reserve this year including Jermichael Finley, Ryan Grant and Nick Barnett.
Green Bay is not going to escape next year without injuries, but the outcome will be different.

Reason 8: Jessica Szohr
This is a picture of Rodgers' alleged girlfriend Jessica Szohr. She is a beautiful woman and the star of CW's hit show "Gossip Girl." She is also semi-famous.
Here is the problem when quarterbacks start dating celebrities: Their performance gets worse.
Look no further than Tony Romo.

Reason 9: Clay Matthews, the WWE and the Grammys
Packers linebacker Clay Matthews guest-refereed the World Championship match between Dolph Ziggler and Edge.
Several Packers were in attendance and they showed off their championship belts.
On Sunday, Matthews is going to present a Grammy Award.
Every single member of the Packers deserves to be out celebrating their championship. They deserve it, and no one should begrudge them any of the limelight.
There are 31 other teams who are not at the Grammys on Sunday night, and they are focused and getting ready for next season.

Reason 10: There May Not Be a Next Season
The NFL owners and players association has not yet reached a labor deal to allow for a season next year.
There are several outcomes, including a strike, substitute players or no season at all.
The NFL, better than any other professional sports league, does a great job getting money out of the fans. A strike would not devastate the league, but would be foolish.
Look for a labor deal to happen, but it will take some time and there will be some ugly headlines.
But the dollars will prevail, and next season should happen.
For now we need to focus on Roger, not Rodgers.

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (54m) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (1h) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.