Zero2Cool
13 years ago

PackersHome Member Name: wpr
Real Name (first only): Wayne
Hometown: Metamora, IL
Current City: Oregon, IL

1) How did you choose your screen name? initials. (I am not that bright and had to keep it simple.)

2) Could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family? Grew up in the Peoria area. Moved with the family to Rochelle when I was in high school. Have always loved sports even though I am not very skilled. Met my wife in college on a hay rack ride. (She threw hay in my face to get my attention.) We dated for 5 years before I proposed. We have 2 children. My daughter is attending North Central College in Naperville and should graduate this Spring. She is majoring in history. (She changed majors at least 4 times.) She took a couple of years off as she was in school at NIU where the shootings took place 3 years ago. She was about to enter the building where the shootings took place. She could hear the report of the gun and the kids screaming. She ran to another Hall only to find that the doors were already locked. When she turned around she saw one of the kids who had been in the auditorium and his face was spattered with the blood of another student.
My son was in the building next door and they locked him in the class room. One of his fellow students was from Bosnia and she had already been through way too many things like this in the past so he spent the time helping her overcome her fears. As most of you know he did a tour in Afghanistan. Survived a suicide bombing and made it home. Before the tour his was in college to become a CPA. Afterward he decided to become a Psychologist and work with Vets.

3) Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any High School clubs and such? I played football one year. As I mentioned I was not very good. I wrestled 3 years. After college I played softball for about 10 years or so.

4) How did you find the PackersHome? And what keeps you active on the site? Like so many other I joined the mass exodus from another Packers site after it was sold. I enjoy this site because there are not trolls or flamers on the board. There is a good mix of people on the various sides of issues. There are knowledgeable posters but they dont have to write a novel every time they post. I stay active because I enjoy interacting with those on the board.

5) What type of hobbies do you enjoy? Other than wasting huge amounts of time on PackersHome? I visit other sports boards but do not devote as much time to them as I do to PH. I like fishing but have not done a lot of it in the past few years. I like to travel. In the past few years I have been to Hawaii, took a cruise on the Mexican Pacific and another cruise on the Mediterranean.

6) What was your first job? delivering newspapers as a kid. Next I worked at a Hardees hamburger joint.

7) What is your fondest memory of your teenage years? I was still a teen when I met my wife. Boy were we young.

8) If you could have one moment being part of the Packer organization, what would it be? I would love to be in the draft room on game day. I would love to see the progression on the big board. To know why they selected one player over another. To have some insight on the personality and immeasurables of players.

9) What is your worst fear? I dont think I have any fears per say.

10) How many trips/games have you made to Lambeau Field? 20 or so.

11) Whats your favorite food? Italian. But that is part of my heritage. (Never ate a lot of German food growing up. Maybe because Mom did the cooking not dad.)

12) If you could live anywhere where would it be? Right here. Oregon, IL.

13) Name your favorite 5 Packers all time and explain the reason for one of them.
1. Bart Starr. Boyhood hero.
2. Brett Favre. He has been a rascal the past few years but I sure loved/hated his gunslinger attitude. How can you not love a man who loves the game so much. Put 'er in the old vice!
3. Reggie White. I loved how he tossed OL out of his way and made them look like little boys.
4. Don Hudson. Never saw him play but he was the original wide receiver. I cant imagine what he would have been like in todays game.
5. Clay Matthews. I love his passion. He inspires others with his desire to excel.

14) Where are some of the places youve been, and where are some of your favorites. I been to most of the States. Maui, Pearl Harbor, (Being on the USS Arizona and USS Missouri the same day is incredible.) 6 ports on the Mexican Pacific coast. Rome, Genoa, the Tuscany countryside, Naples and Pompeii. Barcelona, Toulon and Cassis France.

15) When youre not on PackersHome, what are you doing with your free time? tv, read, spend time with the family. Work.

16) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime? Go to Alaska.

17) What other sports teams do you follow and why? St Louis Cardinals, LA Lakers, Chicago Blackhawks. University of Illinois basketball and football. Local high schools teams.

18) What lead to your following of the Packers? In the 60s they GB was king. There was not a lot of information. I remember reading about them in the local paper before I would deliver them. There was not much to the story living so far away from GB. Always an AP story.

19) Can you share one of your favorite memories of the Packers? The first time I took my son to a preseason practice. We watched them practice for a while. Since he was only 7 he got bored pretty quickly so we went over to the NFL experience. He had a blast. We went back to the field and watched the players leave. He saw all the players riding the kids bikes and he decided when we went back the next year we would have to bring his bike too. He was able to get a few autographs from the second or third string players but he didnt care who they were.

20) What is your favorite PackersHome memory and/or feature? All the excitement with GB winning the SB.

21) PM and post the next person to be interviewed.

"wpr" wrote:

UserPostedImage
Dulak
13 years ago
Cool interview - sounds scary with your kids being at that school.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago

Cool interview - sounds scary with your kids being at that school.

"Dulak" wrote:

It was an "interesting" day to say the least. Before the news hit the airwaves, my wife received a call from our son. He was whispering that both he and our daughter were not hurt.
Then a year later I get a call from him at 3:17 AM. "Dad? First off I am ok..."
I think I shold take his phone away from him. :thumbleft:
UserPostedImage
vikesrule
13 years ago
Real good to learn a little more about you Wayne... excellent read.

That was one hell of an ordeal that your kids went through. Tough one for sure.

Neat to hear how you met your wife.

After reading many of your posts over the years and now reading this interview, I still can not fathom how a seemly normal, intelligent guy can be a cheesehead. 🤔
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
It's all about empirical data. The Packers have ample quantities of it. The Vikings are still in the preparatory phases of the survey.
UserPostedImage
vikesrule
13 years ago
Rourke, I must give you a long overdue and much deserved +1 .

Not for your inane verbosity, but that you sir have chosen the most apt screen name of any person, on any forum in all of cyberspace.
Well done indeed.......I salute you. :salute:

Sorry Wayne did not mean to hijack.......carry on.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago

Real good to learn a little more about you Wayne... excellent read.

That was one hell of an ordeal that your kids went through. Tough one for sure.

Neat to hear how you met your wife.

After reading many of your posts over the years and now reading this interview, I still can not fathom how a seemly normal, intelligent guy can be a cheesehead. :-k

"vikesrule" wrote:

Thanks.
Very easy. I lived in Golden Valley for a year. :tongue:
UserPostedImage
4PackGirl
13 years ago
great read, wayne. one of the students killed was from my hometown area. it was such a horrible time for our small community. so sorry to hear your kids were there when it happened.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago

great read, wayne. one of the students killed was from my hometown area. it was such a horrible time for our small community. so sorry to hear your kids were there when it happened.

"4PackGirl" wrote:

Yeah I remember that young woman was from your area. Mendota I think. I grieved more for her than all the others. She just returned from overseas. I don't recall if she was in Iraq or Afghanistan. It seemed like such a shame that she could come thru a war and was killed in a classroom.
If I recall correctly, she was a hero in the classroom. Trying to protect others when she was killed.

A kid from our HS was in the classroom. I forget if he is my son's age or my daughter's. He is not an overly ambitious student so he was sitting all the way in the back. He was one of the first to crawl out. In a way I guess being unmotivated when it came to his education might have saved his life.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
13 years ago
Great read, Wayne. Sorry it took so long to comment but I thought the interviews were dead. Good to see them back.

Funny you and I both from Illinois and thankfully we're Pack fans and not fans of da Bears. I'd be an alcoholic fo shizzle.

Good your kids were ok after that ordeal. That would be scary.

And I said this to Cheesey so I'll say it to you - you're blessed you got to see Starr play. I only knew him as an awful coach. 😞
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Fan Shout
dhazer (35m) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (1h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (1h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (17h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (20h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (21h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.