PWT36
  • PWT36
  • Member Topic Starter
13 years ago
Packers To Raise Ticket Prices For 2011 Season

Mailing To Ticket Holders Also Discusses Refund Policy If Any 2011 Games Are Missed
The Green Bay Packers today announced plans for a price increase on stadium bowl tickets for the 2011 season. The increase has a range from $2 to $4, depending on the section in the stadium bowl.

Invoices being sent to season-ticket holders next week include a letter from Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy that discusses the increase.

This increase keeps us at the League average in terms of ticket price among NFL teams, allows us to remain competitive financially with other clubs and continues to recognize the value of Lambeau Fields game?day experience, Murphy said in the letter, with the latter point referring to Lambeau Fields high ranking by many media outlets.

Season tickets between the 20-yard lines (sections 115-124 and 322-330) will increase $4 to $87, other sideline seats (sections 109-114, 125-130, 314-320 and 332-338) will increase $3 to $76 and end-zone seats (sections 100-108, 131-138, 303-312 and 340-354) will increase $2 to $69. Payment is due in the Packers ticket office March 31.

Comparatively speaking around the NFC North for the 2010 season, the best sideline seat for the Vikings was $143, the Bears $125, and the Lions $110.

Murphy also discussed in the letter the teams ticket refund plan for any 2011 preseason or regular-season games that are missed due to a work stoppage. The NFL initially announced the league-wide policy in November 2010.

We expect the NFL will reach a new Collective Bargaining Agreement with the players, and so we are planning for the 2011 season, Murphy said. However, if there is a disruption in our home schedule, we want you to know the Packers will refund season ticket holders the ticket price for any games not played. We also are prepared to pay interest on the price of a ticket if a game is missed or rescheduled. We will provide more details if the parties are still negotiating in July when you receive your season tickets.

Additionally, Lambeau Field suite tickets in 2011 also will increase $4 to $87. Lease rates for suites and club seat ticket prices are set per client contracts, with invoices to be mailed in the next week or so. Details pertaining to suite and club seat holders regarding contingencies for missed games will be included as well in the mailing
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
13 years ago

Season tickets between the 20-yard lines (sections 115-124 and 322-330) will increase $4 to $87, other sideline seats (sections 109-114, 125-130, 314-320 and 332-338) will increase $3 to $76 and end-zone seats (sections 100-108, 131-138, 303-312 and 340-354) will increase $2 to $69. Payment is due in the Packers ticket office March 31.

Comparatively speaking around the NFC North for the 2010 season, the best sideline seat for the Vikings was $143, the Bears $125, and the Lions $110.

"PWT36" wrote:

If I were a negotiator for the players, I would use this as presumptive evidence of "why we need to see more financial info from the owners." The owners like to use the publicly disclosed figures of the Packers as evidence of how the owners profits have fallen, etc etc. Yet if you do the math, and hypothesize the revenue impact if GB were to increase its ticket prices in line with the rest of the division...i.e., by another $23-56 bucks each for the 70K seats at Lambeau, that would mean a pretty hefty increase to their bottom line:

Charge Detroit's prices: $23/seat x 70,000 seats/game x 10 home games/year = extra $16.1 million.
Charge Minnesota's prices: $56/seat x 70,000 seats/game x 10 home games/year = extra $39.2 million.

And if you try to imagine what it would be if they charged, say, Washington's prices or Dallas's prices....I'm betting the numbers would be even bigger.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
Are you implying the teams are failing to fulfill their fiduciary obligation to maximize revenue?
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
13 years ago

Are you implying the teams are failing to fulfill their fiduciary obligation to maximize revenue?

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

1. Mainly I was just trying to point out my skepticism when I hear the billionaires talking about things being tight and using the Packers' reported numbers as evidence therefor. I.e., if the Packers can make their "small" profits at substantially below market ticket prices, what are the teams charging whatever the market will bear taking in?
2. But, to answer your specific question, I think it is financially irresponsible of the Packers to charge as much below the market as they are doing. I'm not saying they should charge as much as Minnesota/Dallas/etc. But when they are 25, 50, 75 per seat lower, they're leaving a lot of money on the table.

The Packers like to brag about the fact there are 50-80K on the waiting list for season tickets. That's not a biz model to brag about. That's one that is leaving tens of millions of dollars on the table. Tens of millions of dollarswhich could be used, among other things, to hirie talent to make an even better product to provide to the great majority of Packer fans. Instead of giving that value to 70,000 season ticket holders (who get either a below market price or the ability to reap the gains on the resale market), they could spend it providing even better produt to the millions of us who follow them on TV and the internet, the millions who buy lots more jerseys, tees, license plate holders, and other licensed stuff than the 70000 can.

I wouldn't label it a fiduciary failure (because I don't believe there's a fiduciary duty involved), but it does strike me as bad business practice.

If you have a lot more customers than you can satisfy at the current price, basic business economics says you should raise your price. And when demand is as inelastic as the demand for Packer tickets is, you should raise it more.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago
As I have said before, Wade I am glad you are not on the Board.
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
13 years ago

"wpr" wrote:

Sigh. I'm so unloved.

I need to rehabilitate myself. Hmm. Perhaps I should run for elected office. 🙂
vegOmatic
13 years ago

If I were a negotiator for the players, I would use this as presumptive evidence of "why we need to see more financial info from the owners." The owners like to use the publicly disclosed figures of the Packers as evidence of how the owners profits have fallen, etc etc.

"Wade" wrote:

In this era of football, ticket revenue has very little impact on the bottom line.

If you multiply $3 X 70,000 X 10 games, that's #2,10,000 extra per year. 40% of that goes to the opposing team (though the Packers get 40% of the take when visiting other teams). The money probably doesn't even cover increased costs from regular salary raises from regular staff and other cost of living increases.

I don't like it when my ticket prices go up, but the 80,000 people on The List are praying for me to give up my tickets.

It's the TV money the players are after.

On another note, it's strange football fans do not realize this fact: The NFL runs its business no different than the oil companies, AT&T, and cable TV companies.
blank
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago

"Wade" wrote:

Sigh. I'm so unloved.

I need to rehabilitate myself. Hmm. Perhaps I should run for elected office. :)

"wpr" wrote:

Hey I don't hate you. I am glad you don't set GB policy that's all.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
It's an interesting question Wade raises. How high would prices have to rise to bring the waiting list rolls down to a more reasonable number: say, under 10,000?
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago

It's an interesting question Wade raises. How high would prices have to rise to bring the waiting list rolls down to a more reasonable number: say, under 10,000?

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

What you are missing on is the "prestige factor" that comes with having so many fans on the waiting list. GB likes to say that they are so beloved that there are 80,000 fans waiting for season tickets for a team based out of the smallest city with a professional franchise in a state with a modest overall population. (While Wisconsin is the 20th largest state in terms of population, there are only 3 states and DC with a smaller population that have an NFL team. Minnesota, Colorado and Louisiana are all pretty close in terms of popluation but none of them have that kind of a waiting list.)
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (13h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (14h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (15h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (15h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (16h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (18h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (18h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (22h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.