dhazer
13 years ago

We were never big spenders and we won the superbowl with that approach.

"wpr" wrote:

As I recall our payroll was either the largest or top three last year.

"peteralan71" wrote:

Was this before or after we had 15 guys on IR to pay, as well as their replacements?

"Porforis" wrote:

link 

Year / Total Payroll
NFL Teams 	Total Payroll
NFL Oakland Raiders Team Salaries 	$ 152,389,371
NFL Dallas Cowboys Team Salaries 	$ 146,401,600
NFL Minnesota Vikings Team Salaries 	$ 133,354,045
NFL Cleveland Browns Team Salaries 	$ 131,916,300
NFL New Orleans Saints Team Salaries 	$ 131,531,820
NFL Pittsburgh Steelers Team Salaries 	$ 128,815,061
NFL Tennessee Titans Team Salaries 	$ 126,017,443
NFL Arizona Cardinals Team Salaries 	$ 122,110,110
NFL Jacksonville Jaguars Team Salaries 	$ 122,109,207
NFL Chicago Bears Team Salaries 	$ 120,065,819
NFL San Francisco 49ers Team Salaries 	$ 118,766,239
NFL New York Jets Team Salaries 	$ 116,910,097
NFL St. Louis Rams Team Salaries 	$ 116,677,660
NFL New York Giants Team Salaries 	$ 115,816,180
NFL Miami Dolphins Team Salaries 	$ 114,649,660
NFL Buffalo Bills Team Salaries 	$ 113,364,927
NFL Carolina Panthers Team Salaries 	$ 112,114,711
NFL Washington Redskins Team Salaries 	$ 111,963,684
NFL San Diego Chargers Team Salaries 	$ 111,813,340
NFL Cincinnati Bengals Team Salaries 	$ 109,727,880
NFL Philadelphia Eagles Team Salaries 	$ 109,557,398
NFL Houston Texans Team Salaries 	$ 108,445,418
NFL Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Salaries 	$ 104,329,311
NFL Seattle Seahawks Team Salaries 	$ 102,985,710
NFL Atlanta Falcons Team Salaries 	$ 96,391,525
NFL Detroit Lions Team Salaries 	$ 95,827,117
NFL Denver Broncos Team Salaries 	$ 95,599,778
NFL Green Bay Packers Team Salaries 	$ 94,018,300 
NFL Indianapolis Colts Team Salaries 	$ 93,373,915
NFL New England Patriots Team Salaries 	$ 92,734,120
NFL Baltimore Ravens Team Salaries 	$ 90,713,965
NFL Kansas City Chiefs Team Salaries 	$ 83,623,776 

"El3ment12" wrote:

I posted in another thread but those numbers are way different what I found we were #1 with like 153 million and pats were 2nd
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
13 years ago

I posted in another thread but those numbers are way different what I found we were #1 with like 153 million and pats were 2nd

"dhazer" wrote:

I don't know where the numbers come from. My numbers could be pure payroll for 2010. You could have numbers that reflect against the cap which of course there is none in 2010.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
13 years ago

"wpr" wrote:

I don't know where the numbers come from. My numbers could be pure payroll for 2010. You could have numbers that reflect against the cap which of course there is none in 2010.

"dhazer" wrote:

I know i did post the link in the shout box
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
all_about_da_packers
13 years ago

Once famously said ... if you have all the talent in the world and can't stay on the field, that talent means nothing.

Lee, Underwood, gone. They need replaced.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Lee, based on that quote, I could understand moving on from. But Underwood? Come on, that's a bit premature. In two years, he has played 23 out of 32 regular season games. Which is not bad.

Frankly, I think what have hurt him most are the limited reps he has had during practice due to injuries, thus not getting a chance to compete himself. And it's not like he gets injured every time he sneezes the wrong way or anything. There is a difference between Justin H. and Brandon Underwood.

Given his skill set, size, and progression last off-season, I think there is nothing wrong with keeping Underwood around. In fact, given his potential I'd be all for giving him another chance. Lee, however, is not exactly the same given his experiences with injuries and the fact that he came from a system that played almost exclusively Press-man. However, he did show some burst as a KR and was passable in the Superbowl.... I wouldn't mind giving him a shot either. I'd totally understand if Ted decided to part ways beforehand, though.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

Lee, based on that quote, I could understand moving on from. But Underwood? Come on, that's a bit premature. In two years, he has played 23 out of 32 regular season games. Which is not bad.

"all_about_da_packers" wrote:

I wouldn't mind seeing Underwood stay one more year. Rumors were, he has some talent, but I think Shields over shadowed him this year.

I wasn't high on Pat Lee from the start and never got a chance to get excited about his play because he seemed injured a lot. He looked okay during returns, lol.

I'd like us to move on from them both, but again, if we have to keep one, Underwood, even though he looks like a chocolate pencil with a black eraser. Dude needs some meat on those bones!
UserPostedImage
beast
13 years ago
Honestly I really dislike the idea of moving Woodson to S. The Packers already have two very good FS in Collins and Burnett (and yes they both play like FS a lot more than SS, Burnett just played SS because FS was already taken)

If the Packers were some how able to sign Asomugha (which he seems like "Packer people" a great and smart guy) then Capers needs to figure out a way to stay in the nickel packages all game long.

Probably with some sort of 3-3-5 package that keeps Woodson in the nickel/slot and/or with the LBers. (to go along with the 2-4-5 packages)

But the Packers would need to be able to stop the run and the 3-3-5 package might be able to get it done with Woodson and Asomugha very good tackling skills.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

Addressing the Asomugha rumors 

There has been a lot of buzz out there about the Packers possibly pursuing former Oakland CB Nnamdi Asomugha in free agency.

My take is that it's a fantasy football story.

There are roughly 13 million (or more) reasons why it won't happen and those just have to do with his yearly salary.

Asomugha has hinted about wanting to play with former teammate Charles Woodson and Woodson has said he has had contact with Asomugha, but let's face it, GM Ted Thompson is not going to deliver what could be $30 million in guaranteed money (that's based on the four-year, $46 million deal Darrelle Revis signed with the Jets, and he still had two years left; Asomugha is a free agent) for a position that's in good shape.

Here's the thing that most fans are forgetting regarding this issue: there will be a salary cap again. If Thompson signs Asomugha, he would paying something like a quarter of his cap for his top three corners (including Woodson).

To understand what a deal like this would do to the Packers, you have to remember this: TE Jermichael Finley, OG Josh Sitton and WR Jordy Nelson are all eligible to become free agents after next season (assuming free agency eligibility returns to four seasons). That doesn't even begin to address the likely blockbuster deal LB Clay Matthews will require three years into his five-year deal.

The year after that, Thompson has to address WR Greg Jennings again.

A big-money deal to Asomugha would probably guarantee Finley would walk. He's going to require an enormous deal if he stays healthy this year and you can only have a limited amount of players with blockibuster deals. Sitton is going to get paid huge money, too. Nelson will be the No. 2 receiver before long.

Given the way Thompson has built this team, it doesn't make sense to put so much money in one player. It's not his philosophy to build that way.

Besides, what does he tell Tramon Williams, to whom he just signed a deal that would pale in comparison to the one Asomugha signs? And what about rookie Morgan Burnett? The Packers coaches love him and think he'll be a fixture at safety for years to come. If Woodson has to move there to account for Asomugha, then Burnett is on the bench next year.

None of it makes sense. Time to move on to the next rumor.

I think Tom is failing to realize Nnamdi could sign a one or two year deal. I do like his 'blockibuster' phrase. :roll: I'll say it again, if Nnamdi wants a real chance for a ring, he'll sign on the cheaper side, a one or two year deal, probably two and then bolt for a big payday... unless he can land a huge contract with a team that's also a viable contender.

Nnamdi and the Packers is not that hard to see it working. Will it? My gut says no, but to completely dismiss it as impossible is ignorant to all possible options.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
13 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I wouldn't mind seeing Underwood stay one more year. Rumors were, he has some talent, but I think Shields over shadowed him this year.

I wasn't high on Pat Lee from the start and never got a chance to get excited about his play because he seemed injured a lot. He looked okay during returns, lol.

I'd like us to move on from them both, but again, if we have to keep one, Underwood, even though he looks like a chocolate pencil with a black eraser. Dude needs some meat on those bones!

"all_about_da_packers" wrote:

Agreed. Those guys got overshadowed, but remember, Shields would have been a first rounder with his talent if he A: Didn't get busted with weed a week before the draft and B: Played the position for more than 8 games. Dude's got madd skillz.
Underwood and Lee are no slouches, they'll develop. Underwood has to keep his dick in his pants. Lee needs to stay on the field.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Mckennj3
13 years ago
I have the same feeling as Zero, this isn't madden people where you can just sign the biggest FA and not have a domino effect. Having that much money locked into a position that is already in good shape would be foolish. This years FA's are priority now (Jenkins, Jones) but like Zero said, next years could be even bigger.
Ted built a rock solid team by sticking with what we have and building through the draft, were now in a position to lock up some core players and draft depth through the draft, why mess with such a good thing?
We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.
Dexter_Sinister
13 years ago
How many people think Ted Thompson would get rid of Jenkins and get Asomugha? Ted has never operated that way.

He has deep pockets when signing our guys and he has short arms when bringing in over priced FAs. He has paid big contracts for our guys to stay, and has not paid big contracts for other teams guys.

People say get rid of Jenkins because he is hurt too much. Asomugha was slowed by injuries in 2010.

I would be very surprised to see Jenkins gone or Asomugha signed.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Fan Shout
dhazer (1h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (2h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (2h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (18h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (21h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (22h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
17m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.