macbob
  • macbob
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
13 years ago
Given his family situation, this whole episode was extremely disappointing.

NOT the kind of press we'd like to see about Packers players...

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/117268238.html 

The chief of Lake Delton police announced in a news release that Packers defensive back Brandon Underwood entered a no-contest plea to one count of prostitution non-marital sexual intercourse.

The plea was with regards to the investigation of an alleged sexual assault case involving Underwood and two women at the Wilderness Hotel and Golf Resort that occurred last June.

Chief of Police Thomas Dorner said Underwood appeared in Sauk County Circuit Court today to enter the plea; the judge found Underwood guilty and fined him $379.

Dorner also said in the statement that there would be no comment from the police department.

Underwood had been in the Dells for a charity event. Police said seven Packers were at a condo at the Wilderness Resort Golf Cabins in Lake Delton where a party was taking place and where the two women said the assaults occurred. Six of those Packers were interviewed and released, but police focused on Underwood throughout their investigation.

The two women, then aged 31 and 33, are from the Milwaukee area and accused Underwood of sexual assault, which led to the investigation.

"He admitted to sexual contact and activity," Dorner told the Journal Sentinel last June. "The women said it was a sexual assault; he says it was consensual."

He apologized to his teammates for the incident last summer a few days after it happened: "I just want to apologize to my teammates for dragging them into this," said Underwood. "And I'm sorry that it's been a distraction for the team."

JSOnline.com wrote:

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
He and his wife still together? I believe they just had a child shortly prior to this incident.
UserPostedImage
Greg C.
13 years ago
At least something has finally happened with this. It's been hanging out there (no pun intended) since last summer.
blank
nerdmann
13 years ago
They had twins.
Anyway he shoulda filmed it. Then it would be acting, not prostitution.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
13 years ago
The number 4 and 5 CB spots are up for grabs.

Underwood and Lee are prime candidates to get replaced.
blank
macbob
  • macbob
13 years ago
Zagorski of the Baraboo New Republic stirring the pot on Underwood's no-contest plea. The DA, etc had reasonable explanations for the case wrapping up quickly (heck, it had been strung out over 9 months as it was) and it makes the reporter look like he is just being a jerk.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/crime_and_courts/article_3d7ed0a3-981d-5f1d-a9d9-fc322210319c.html 

Packers players sex case takes one day

ED ZAGORSKI | Baraboo News Republic

BARABOO Though it took nearly nine months for a criminal charge to be brought against him, Green Bay Packers player Brandon Underwoods case blew through the Sauk County Circuit Court system in one day.

Thats rare but not unprecedented, according to a UW-Madison law professor.

Its obviously a departure from the usual procedure, but it is not unheard of in the court system, said David E. Schultz, a UW-Madison professor who teaches criminal law and criminal procedure.

Schultz said there was nothing about the case that appeared improper.

This is not unethical, he said. There is no legal violation that would apply. If defendants want to do something quickly and have counsel to push for them, something like this can happen in their favor.

Underwood, 24, a second-year reserve defensive back, entered a no-contest plea to a prostitution misdemeanor on Wednesday, the same day the criminal complaint was filed by the Sauk County District Attorneys Office. Judge Patrick J. Taggart fined him $379, also on Wednesday.

Underwoods attorney, Richard Kaiser of Milwaukee, could not be reached for comment Thursday.

Underwood initially was accused of sexually assaulting two women last summer at a hotel in Lake Delton.

However, police said the women provided conflicting accounts of what took place and investigators did not provide a recommendation to prosecutors as to whether charges should be filed against Underwood.

According to online court records, the two Milwaukee women who made the accusations, Kesha M. Cureton, 35, and Tynecha L. Lipsco, 32, also were charged Wednesday with prostitution misdemeanors.

The fact that both women were charged and no longer legally treated as victims allowed for a quick resolution of Underwoods case, Taggart said.

Underwoods case was an add-on to Taggarts afternoon cases on Wednesday, said Sandy Harrison, Taggarts judicial assistant. Harrison said she did not add the case to Taggarts schedule.

We had nothing to do with it (the scheduling), said Deb Westerwelle, who works in the Sauk County Clerk of Courts office.

When asked if there were any negotiations with Underwoods attorney prior to the charges being filed, Sauk County District Attorney Patricia Barrett said neither she nor her office has ever engaged in pre-charging decisions.

He (Underwood) has counsel and we did have an agreement for his appearance, Barrett said. If someone is represented by counsel and wishes to ask when to appear in court or the states position on a plea, I will discuss that. Plea negotiations are something totally separate from charging decisions. I get asked to discuss charging decisions, but I dont (discuss them).

Barrett said the legal system addresses cases differently based upon the situation.

This doesnt happen all the time, but its not out of the norm, either, Barrett said. There is no one size fits all.

Taggart said the speedy treatment of Underwoods case is not common practice for the Sauk County Circuit Court system, but it sometimes does occur.

Something like this has happened maybe a couple of times, he said Thursday. Lets say an individual is from Minneapolis or Chicago and the person comes in with an attorney and wants to get the proceedings over with someone will ask if it could be placed on the calendar that day. Of course, it doesnt happen every day, but it does happen. In this case the district attorney came in with the young man (Underwood) and his attorney and the young man said he wanted to get the case over with.

But Taggart said it has to be a case where there is no need for victim notification.

All of the persons involved in this case have been charged, so we went along with the court proceedings, Taggart said.

WisconsinStateJournal wrote:

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
13 years ago
Anyone find pics of the babes in question? Given their ages, they better be sexy!
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
macbob
  • macbob
13 years ago
No pictures, but some additional details in the case (shaking my head...)
...Cruisin' Chubby's Gentlemen's Club?...letting them take cell-phone pictures with Underwood naked (that alone could have come back and bit him years from now)...the players with him had to give DNA samples (they must still be thanking him for that one)...

Thought this was a much-better written article than Zagorski's, which IMO was slanted toward implying something unethical had occurred with the speedy resolution of Underwood's case.

http://www.wiscnews.com/wisconsindellsevents/news/local/crime_and_courts/article_f0434fd0-46b0-11e0-b5db-001cc4c002e0.html 

Packer guilty, women charged with prostitution

By Andy Steinke, Dells Events

The Green Bay Packers player who allegedly sexually assaulted two women last summer in Lake Delton was found guilty of prostitution and fined Wednesday in Sauk County Circuit Court, but the women involved were also charged by the district attorney.

Brandon Underwood, 24, a cornerback for the Packers, entered a plea of no contest to one count of prostitution - non-marital sexual intercourse, the same day the criminal complaint was filed by the district attorney's office.

A judge found him guilty due to the no contest plea and fined him $379.

The misdemeanor charge can be filed, according to state law, when a person intentionally has non-marital sex for anything of value. It has a maximum penalty of $10,000 in fines and 9 months imprisonment.

A Green Bay Packers spokesperson did not return a voice message asking for comment on the case.

The two women involved - Kesha Cureton, 34, and Tynecha Lipsco, 32 - were also charged Wednesday, each with a misdemeanor count of prostitution - sexual contact.

Judge Patrick Taggart said because both women were charged, and no longer legally treated as victims, it allowed for a quick resolution of Underwood's case.

Underwood and six other players - QB Matt Flynn, guard Josh Sitton, fullback Korey Hall, linebacker Brad Jones, safety Khalil Jones and linebacker Clay Matthews - were interviewed by Lake Delton Police June 5 regarding an alleged rape at their Wilderness Resort condo.

The two women told police that a Packer, later identified as Underwood, had raped them.

According to the criminal complaint, the women met Underwood at Cruisin' Chubby's Gentlemen's Club. He told them he was a Packers player, and said he was there with some of the other players, who were in the Dells for a charity golf event.

Underwood told an investigator that the women asked him to have sex for money. He said he declined several times, but did eventually agree to give them each $250 for sex.

The women, however, told investigators that the money was only for pictures with Underwood.

The women gave him a ride back to the condo, but first made a stop at Walgreens so he could withdraw $500 from an ATM.

Once at the condo, the women used a cell phone to take pictures of themselves with a naked Underwood.

Lipsco said Underwood tried to have sex with her against her will.

Underwood told police he had sex with both women, but it was consensual.

The other players, who were staying in the same condo, were initially implicated in the assault, too, but the women changed their stories to identify only Underwood.

The case has been pending since mid-June, and some have wondered why charges had yet to be filed.

District Attorney Patricia Barrett said Wednesday that her office had been waiting to receive the last item it had requested. She wouldn't say what that was, but said it was received Jan. 31.

Police referred the case to Barrett without recommended charges because of contradicting stories from Underwood and the two women.

When asked if there were any negotiations with Underwood's attorney prior to the charges being filed, Barrett said neither she nor her office has ever engaged in pre-charging decisions.

"He (Underwood) has counsel, and we did have an agreement for his appearance," Barrett said. "If someone is represented by counsel and wishes to ask when to appear in court for the state's position on a plea, I will discuss that. Plea negotiations are something totally separate from charging decisions. I get asked to discuss charging decisions, but I don't."

Following the alleged incident, the women left the condo in a vehicle and pulled off the road to call 911.

Police found the seven players in the condo, and questioned them. Six of the seven were immediately released after questioning, and Underwood was released after a second interview.

Nurses performed sexual assault exams on the two women and police collected evidence from the condo and DNA samples from the players.

The case was returned to Lake Delton Police for follow-up investigation, and the department was assisted by investigators from the Department of Justice.

Lake Delton Police declined to comment on the case through a press release.

If Underwood pays his fine and remains law abiding, he can apply for his record to be expunged.

WisconsinDellsEvents wrote:

UserPostedImage
macbob
  • macbob
13 years ago
This isn't Tynecha's first brush with the law...shoplifting...the links on the site were temporarily down for the charge history/sentences.

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/caseDetails.do;jsessionid=940867E4DB28F57756506EFDF7F16B13.render6?caseNo=2009CM001934&countyNo=40&cacheId=&recordCount=0&offset=0&mode=details 

Wisconsin Circuit Court Access (WCCA)

State of Wisconsin vs. Tynecha Latrice Lipsco

Milwaukee County Case Number 2009CM001934

Filing Date               Case Type                     Case Status 
04-20-2009              Criminal                          Closed 

Defendant Date of Birth      Address 
08-03-1978                     5830 W Helena St, Milwaukee,  WI  53223-5245 
Branch Id      DA Case Number  
15                2009ML007244 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charge(s) 
Count No.  Statute   Description                                    Severity          Disposition 
1    943.50(1m)(b)      Retail Theft-Intentionally Take(<=$2500) Misd. A      Guilty Due to Guilty Plea 

Defendant Owes the Court: $ 46.96 
Responsible Official Prosecuting Agency Prosecuting Attorney Defense Attorney 
Watts-15, J. D. District Attorney  Jacobson, Bruce B; Lamke, Matthew ; Washington, Hazel Jean 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Defendant
Defendant Name Date of Birth Sex Race 1  
Lipsco, Tynecha Latrice 08-03-1978 Female  African American 
Address Address Updated On 
5830 W Helena St, Milwaukee,  WI  53223-5245 04-20-2009 
JUSTIS ID Finger Print ID   

Also Known As 
Name Type Date of Birth  
Lipsco, Tynechia L Also known as   
Lipsco, Tynecha L Also known as   
Defendant Attorney(s) 
Attorney Name Entered  
Jacobson, Bruce B 06-01-2009  
Lamke, Matthew  08-07-2009  
Washington, Hazel Jean 10-20-2009 

WisconsinCourts.gov wrote:

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
13 years ago
LOL, if they claimed it was for "pictures," then I bet they truly were pro's. This wasn't the first time they did something like this. Like I was saying above, it's like they were just "actresses," or models, so then it wouldn't be prostitution. It's another layer of "plausible" deniability.
Then again, they were at a strip club, robbed a guy under guys of tagteaming him, then did the pre-emptive allegation. So yeah, I think it's safe to say they're career girls.
Interesting that Underwood was charged with "prostitution" rather than "solicitation of prostitution." Wouldn't that mean he was acting as a prostitute himself? I guess it's just the wording.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (17h) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (18h) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.