millertime
13 years ago
Here are the most recent picks from ESPN.

Mel Kiper 

32. Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi St.
Green Bay could also go with an outside linebacker here to take some pressure off Clay Matthews Jr., but I've waffled on this pick and tend to think that if they believe they can get a player they can develop into the long range answer on the blindside, it'd be really hard to pass up. Sherrod has been a consistent player, and could be the answer to replace Chad Clifton. When you have a quarterback like Aaron Rodgers, you're going to win a lot of games. Priority No. 1 has to be to keep him upright.

64. Tandon Doss WR Indiana

96. Cortez Allen CB The Citadel

Todd McShay 

32. Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State
The defending Super Bowl champions have a very good nose tackle in B.J. Raji but injuries, free agency and off-field issues have created all kinds of questions at defensive end. If Heyward checks out medically he would be a steal here with his strength, motor and versatility

64. William Rackley G Lehigh

96. Christopher Carter OLB Fresno State

For your digestion. . .
Dulak
13 years ago
Kind of funny - seems like people are all over the place in what picks we need; like last year - most peeps though wed grab a corner or a OLB ... and we grabbed neither ...

This year the top picks seem to be OT, DE and OLB again ...
personally I dont think we need a OLB unless a good one falls into our lap. Be interesting to see what we really get.
warhawk
13 years ago
I think either of the two #1's are better players then what I see that's left in most mocks so I would be fine with either pick. Sherrod would not equal the gift we got when Bulaga dropped last year but it would be sweet. Could happen if a couple more teams jump in at QB. I am seeing Mallet's name in the first round more than he was a month ago.

I like both players they have at the #64 spot and would be glad if Ted picked either of them. Doss is a good player that happened to play on a lousy team and they say Rackley is a tough, mean dude, that can play any interior OL position.

I'll just say if we go into round 3 with two of these guys nailed down I will be very happy.
"The train is leaving the station."
DakotaT
13 years ago
Sherrod would be a gift. I'd take either Solder or Carimi too if they fall, but both look a little light in the ass for my taste. OT's need to be 320 and piss fire in this league anymore.

I read over on TimesFour today that Neal is beastly and is chomping at the bit to get on with the season. I don't think DE is as big a priority as the pundits seem to think. That said, I'd love to Watt from Wisconsin and have the base defense of Watt Raji and Neal; so maybe we should trade up Millertime.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
13 years ago
Last year no question we needed an LT. Year before that, Raji was without question the right pick.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Stevetarded
13 years ago
I'm not real big on the taking a DE with the 1st thing. I think mock draft people are overreacting a bit to Cullen Jenkins leaving. No doubt he is a loss but they were fine without him for 5-6 games last season. The lineup is still pretty strong with Raji, Pickett, Green, Neal, Wilson. For a team that plays 2 lineman 70% of the time those guys alone should be able to get the job done.

A DE even if he is taken with your 1st round pick is probably not going to log too many snaps unless he is exceptional and if you are just drafting a guy for the future I don't think a 1st rounder is necessary.
blank
millertime
13 years ago

I'm not real big on the taking a DE with the 1st thing. I think mock draft people are overreacting a bit to Cullen Jenkins leaving. No doubt he is a loss but they were fine without him for 5-6 games last season. The lineup is still pretty strong with Raji, Pickett, Green, Neal, Wilson. For a team that plays 2 lineman 70% of the time those guys alone should be able to get the job done.

A DE even if he is taken with your 1st round pick is probably not going to log too many snaps unless he is exceptional and if you are just drafting a guy for the future I don't think a 1st rounder is necessary.

"Stevetarded" wrote:

I agree 100%. But there are a TON of great 3-4 DEs available this year. If a great one were to drop to us, I would not mind it. With each year, I'm beginning to believe more and more that the game is won with a good QB and good players in the trenches. But I think Neal is definitely starting material, and I do believe he was picked to replace Cullen Jenkins.
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
13 years ago
I haven't said this for awhile, so I will ...

Round 1: OL
Round 2: OL
Round 3: OL

:)
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

Round 1: QB
Round 2: WR
Round 3: TE

"Wade" wrote:

I agree.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
13 years ago

Round 1: QB
Round 2: WR
Round 3: TE

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I agree.

"Wade" wrote:

I think you're both fucked in the head. :)

Draft defense Ted- lights out. Blitz all night, I loved watching Cutler tuck the ball down like a little bitch.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
beast (1h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (1h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (17h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (18h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (19h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (19h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (20h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (22h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (22h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.