Zero2Cool
12 years ago
not gonna trash up that thread anymore ...

More exposure does not mean more money if no one goes to the site... and that's why they want you to go to the site, so they can get more of both.

Like I said it's a catch 22... which happens first the chicken or the egg?

Your arguing a good article will get more people to his site.... which is not always true. Other article on here are good but I don't always click the links when I don't have to. I clicked this link to see the article and they got an extra counting on who viewed it which makes them more money.

Those other good article, that I didn't click the link to didn't get any money from me reading it.

Originally Posted by: beast 

I know what you're saying, but you're really efforting to miss the point I've made twice now, lol.

If the article wasn't have been posted here, would you have known about it?

Did you used to frequent a website and do so no longer because some of the articles are shared here?

When you folks post articles here, often times that's the first time I've heard of the site. I'll check it out from time to time and see how it is, etc ... if you didn't share it, I'd have never known about it. That's where the exposure I'm referring to comes in.

Ad revenue only kicks in when someone on the source site CLICKS one of the ad's, not simply the source site itself. At least, that's how Google explained it to me and the countless folks who keep asking to advertise on our little known website here.

Bah shit ... gotta go to a meeting ... I'll add more and make more sense out of what I'm saying later.

UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago
I don't know of any sites that make money simply by people landing on them. They make money by people clicking on ads located on the site. Since I never click on ads on any site I visit, they don't make money from my visit.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
12 years ago

I don't know of any sites that make money simply by people landing on them. They make money by people clicking on ads located on the site. Since I never click on ads on any site I visit, they don't make money from my visit.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

Not sure about today's market in the advertising game via the net.. but the more traffic you get onto a site the higher the ad profiles and the potential revenue can be. Banner ads drew revenue just by being displayed on the site if said site had enough traffic to warrant it.

X dollars per 1000 impressions.. statistics such as click through and conversion rates were tabulated to measure ad placement effectiveness.. thus it effected the re-up rates.

Like I said.. those days might be long gone.. been a while.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
Regarding traffic, was was said to me about it's importance is when you're marketing your site to an advertising company. In the sense of "Hey, I'm getting X amount of unique users a day, X amount of return users, " other than that, the only thing the advertising company is concerned with his how often THEIR site is accessed through YOUR site.

Personally, I have an issue with financially gaining off running (or whatever the hell it is I'm doing) a Packers fan site. It just doesn't feel right to me. Maybe if I actually had a skill that made the website unique or something to that effect, I'd feel different.

I respect both sides, but as mentioned have my own preference.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago

X dollars per 1000 impressions..

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Except that was not for making money from ads, but for amount of money a company had to pay for ads. In other words, if I buy a banner ad from, say, Google, they charge me a certain fee for every 1000 impressions of my ad that they show. Once that 1000 impressions is exhausted, I have to pay more to get more impressions. No one, to my knowledge, makes any money from showing ads on their site unless someone actually clicks through them to the website being advertised.

The only things this hit-counter obsession accomplishes are a) vanity and b) the ability to charge more for advertising. But I highly doubt any Packers-related website, even Packers.com itself, brings in enough readership that even if every potential reader clicked on a link to read the article on their website, the traffic would be remotely high enough to substantively affect their ad rates.
UserPostedImage
68md
12 years ago
No one is making decent money on the click ad type stuff anymore. The amount they pay it takes roughly 500,000 views to get $5.00.
I think the only way you want to take money on a fan site is through voluntary donations. In other words if you like it click and donate if not ..oh well enjoy.

Just my two cents
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

No one is making decent money on the click ad type stuff anymore. The amount they pay it takes roughly 500,000 views to get $5.00.
I think the only way you want to take money on a fan site is through voluntary donations. In other words if you like it click and donate if not ..oh well enjoy.

Just my two cents

Originally Posted by: 68md 

So, PackersHome.com would make $5.00 in about three more years? lol
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (6h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (10h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (11h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (13h) : Flag?
Martha Careful (13h) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (14h) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
11m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

35m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.