Zero2Cool
12 years ago
Okay, so some of you know I have a little girl that moved to Colorado with me, and she's now back in Wisconsin for the summer with her mother. She called me Fathers Day and basically begged me to put her in a different school. I was kind of surprised because the last thing she said was she was looking forward to returning to that school.

There were a few incidents with herself and the kids in the school and neighborhood. When we first moved here, she came home nearly in tears. I asked why and she said it was because no one wanted to play with her. I said why, why won't they play with you? She looked down and said 'they said its because im white'. I kind of laughed an said sweetie you'll be fine, just be yourself and they'll come around.

I'm a little ashamed I didn't pick up on this, but I noticed Keiana playing outside with a group of five kids, but she was about 6ft away. It never donned on me that they weren't including her. Instead, I would give her a hard time an say honey if you're gonna go outside and play... PLAY, don't just watch. Turns out, that's the closest the kids would let her be.

I decided that if things didn't get better after a few months when she comes back, that we'd move. Then a few days after we spoke, I got a letter from the landlord saying I had to sign a one year lease, or be out in 30 days. WTF! So much for the month to month.

When we first moved in, we'd get stared at quite a bit. I figured it'd dissipate after a few months when the neighbors got used to us. It hasn't stopped, I still get this dirty ass look every time I pull into my drive way. I know this is probably wrong, but it makes me really uncomfortable. I already have issues with "thinking" everyones watching me... this doesn't help.

So I decided we're gonna move to Fort Collins, CO. It has FAR better schools and a lot more attractive women walking around, running, biking, etc ... which will make me get out of the house more.

Now this past Sunday Keiana calls me up again. She right away asks "Daddy, so... when are you coming to get me?" I told her not until middle of August. She was pretty disappointed it wasn't sooner. Apparently she's grown tired of her brother, sister and mothers boyfriend to the point she doesn't want to spend another minute with them. She said "Daddy,... 'sigh' ... you were right, AGAIN!!". lol ... it sounded so cute. I had told her before she left that her brother an sister would get on her nerves, as all siblings do. She argued that it would never happen because she missed them so much. So I just said okay, just make the most out of your summer and don't let anyone ruin it for you.

She called me again yesterday, asking how the search for a new place was and if she could see the mountains out of her room, oh and I have to find a place that has a pool too because as she said "yah..umm daddy, those swimming lessons totally didnt work! i cant swim so i need you to teach me".

Poor little girl ... she doesn't realize daddy swims like a rock!!

UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
12 years ago

So I decided we're gonna move to Fort Collins, CO. It has FAR better schools and a lot more attractive women walking around, running, biking, etc ... which will make me get out of the house more.

Well, that solves it. Move there. Priorities, man.

And as someone who isn't white, let me tell you something that the PC Nazis will NEVER admit - a lot of colored folks HATE white people with a passion. I have people in my family (not immediate family) who joke about raping and killing white people. I have females in my family (not immediate family) who say they'd never fuck a white person. So playing with a white girl? Don't be surprised if she's telling the truth.

Anti-white racism is quite real, my friend. If she's experiencing it enough to get her real upset, then it's probably time to move somewhere else. It's along the lines of I won't go to Australia because once out of the cities, the people are extremely racist against non-whites. (Yes, in 2011 AD).

Better schools is huge. We've done everything we can to send Junior to a top school. The past 3 years, we've been living in a crappy 600 sq ft apartment (3 people + dog) to make sure he's in a top of the line high school. Before that, we shared a house with someone else to make sure he was in a top of the line junior high. Send her to a good school. No guarantee that she'll take advantage of it, but at least she'll be in a position to.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
DakotaT
12 years ago

And as someone who isn't white, let me tell you something that the PC Nazis will NEVER admit - a lot of colored folks HATE white people with a passion. I have people in my family (not immediate family) who joke about raping and killing white people. I have females in my family (not immediate family) who say they'd never fuck a white person. So playing with a white girl? Don't be surprised if she's telling the truth.

Anti-white racism is quite real, my friend. If she's experiencing it enough to get her real upset, then it's probably time to move somewhere else. It's along the lines of I won't go to Australia because once out of the cities, the people are extremely racist against non-whites. (Yes, in 2011 AD).

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

I really like this topic but it is so taboo to discuss. Personally, I don't have any experience with it because I live in area that is about 99% white. We do bring in some athletes for our colleges and have 2 Air Force bases, but typically people of color do not like it here in the winter months.

I personally believe that alot of the anti-white sentiment has been brought on by whites themselves even though it is wrong to have preconceived judgements about people because of their race. Typically, aren't cities set up where people of same cultures live in the same areas?
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

Well, that solves it. Move there. Priorities, man.

Better schools is huge. We've done everything we can to send Junior to a top school. The past 3 years, we've been living in a crappy 600 sq ft apartment (3 people + dog) to make sure he's in a top of the line high school. Before that, we shared a house with someone else to make sure he was in a top of the line junior high. Send her to a good school. No guarantee that she'll take advantage of it, but at least she'll be in a position to.

Javier, (guy I work with who's 100% Mexican and here on a work visa) told me it was very likely to be true, that a lot of Hispanic folks won't interact with a white folks. He also said that Hispanic's are known for staring. He doesn't like it and says when people don't like Hispanic's, it's partially their own fault. When I told him I was going to go for a bike ride (awhile ago) he said 'better not do that in your neighborhood, drive out of town and then bike'. I laughed, then he said he was serious. I thought, WTF.

I guess I'm naive, but I just assumed racism was far more one directional than it appears to really be.

The school thing is what bothers me the most, not the students, the quality. I didn't like moving to this area in the first place, but it was very hard to find a place while still in Wisconsin. The school she's at has a rating of 2, the lowest school in Fort Collins is a 4 with more than a dozen of the schools ranking 9 or 10.

I'm hoping to get this place on boardwalk because it has a huge playground, basketball hoop and best of all its in the district of one of the best Elementary schools around.

UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago

Typically, aren't cities set up where people of same cultures live in the same areas?

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Yep, and name me one primarily black community in which any sane person would want to live.

UserPostedImage
DakotaT
12 years ago

Yep, and name me one primarily black community in which any sane person would want to live.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

We have to rule out D.C. right off the bat, cause that city is full of crazy bastards running the country.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

Where I'm at, the convenience stores actually have things in Spanish first, then English. Only the small 'ma pa' type places. A few Seven 11's too. It's kind of crazy. I joke that I live in Mexico II. 🙂
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
12 years ago

Where I'm at, the convenience stores actually have things in Spanish first, then English. Only the small 'ma pa' type places. A few Seven 11's too. It's kind of crazy. I joke that I live in Mexico II. :)

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

You're actually living in Mexico reclaimed, but you guys never want to talk about that subject. Those Mexicans hate your guts because the U.S. stole the American west from them. You'll never hear that version on Fox News though.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
12 years ago

You're actually living in Mexico reclaimed, but you guys never want to talk about that subject. Those Mexicans hate your guts because the U.S. stole the American west from them. You'll never hear that version on Fox News though.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Oh please. Mexicans stole it from Native Americans, and as far as I'm concerned, Native Americans did a better job than the Mexicans did.

That argument is soooo ivory tower bourgeois.

Now back on the original topic, get out Zero. Seriously. Your daughter NEEDS friends, and living in a racist area's not going to help. Plus, schools don't just get 2 ratings for nothing. She deserves better.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
DakotaT
12 years ago

Oh please. Mexicans stole it from Native Americans, and as far as I'm concerned, Native Americans did a better job than the Mexicans did.

That argument is soooo ivory tower bourgeois.

Yeah, and dismissing generation after generation of passed down hate is irresponsible on your part. This world has a lot of people that have "moved on" but there are still more people carrying the hatred and racism. Explain to me the continue anti-semitism in Europe yet today?
UserPostedImage