Stevetarded
12 years ago
I'm wondering why that So'oto guy didn't get more love. He's 6'3" 260lbs and ran a 4.68 40. He was productive in college and 1st team all-mountain west. There's gotta be something missing because on paper he looks like a beast.
blank
Pack93z
12 years ago

I'm wondering why that So'oto guy didn't get more love. He's 6'3" 260lbs and ran a 4.68 40. He was productive in college and 1st team all-mountain west. There's gotta be something missing because on paper he looks like a beast.

Originally Posted by: Stevetarded 

Two seasons lost to injury.. changing positions 3 times.. lingering foot injury.. maybe? Don't know.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
wamj2008
12 years ago
This may be an obvious question... but whose bandwagon are you jumping on?? Get your Peanuts ready...
blank
Stevetarded
12 years ago

Two seasons lost to injury.. changing positions 3 times.. lingering foot injury.. maybe? Don't know.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Oh yeah I think I did read that he shattered his leg one season unless it was someone else but I guess it hasn't slowed him down much.
blank
beast
12 years ago

I read Peanuts name was Elijah. Eli and Elijah!? Not only were those parents hippies, they were high!

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Yeah it's LB Elijah "Peanut" Joseph and DL Elisha "Eli" Joseph

Parents of twins often times give them similar names some how... weather it's starting with the same first letter of rhyming... and sometimes like this case their names are pretty name close... and that's where someone gets a nick name... like Peanut....

Or

Antoine "Shakey" Smithson

UserPostedImage
Formo
12 years ago

I think we are going to have a lot of fun with those names.

Did Ted have a sense of humor when he signed thes guys?

Gurly Man at receiver
Shakey Snuffy Smith at receiver

Insane Brandon Saine at RB.
Hosebag John Hoese at FB

Strongman Sampson Genius at Center.

Doctor M.D. Jennings at CB.

Peanut Joseph at NT

Not only are we going to have fun the press is going to have fun.

Originally Posted by: CaliforniaCheez 

I know your post is kinda tongue in cheek, but Jon Hoese's name is pronounced 'Hazy', not Hose or Hosey.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Pack93z
12 years ago
The Packers announced list.. no twins.

Packers sign 15 undrafted rookies 
5:03 PM, Jul. 28, 2011

The Packers announced the signing of 15 undrafted rookie free agents Thursday.

Here’s the list and bios:
Name Pos Ht Wt College HS Hometown
Diondre Borel WR 6-0 199 Utah State Oakley, Calif.
Anthony Bratton S 6-0 213 Delaware Manassas, Va.
Ray Dominguez T 6-4 334 Arkansas Bainbridge, Ga.
Sampson Genus C 6-1 315 South Florida Lake City, Fla.
Tori Gurley WR 6-4 216 South Carolina Rock Hill, S.C.
Jon Hoese FB 6-2 238 Minnesota Glencoe, Minn.
M.D. Jennings S 6-0 187 Arkansas State Calhoun City, Miss.
Elijah Joseph LB 6-1 243 Temple Hartford, Conn.
Jamari Lattimore LB 6-2 230 Middle Tennessee St. Hialeah, Fla.
Brandian Ross CB 6-0 191 Youngstown State Richmond, Va.
Brandon Saine RB 5-11 220 Ohio State Piqua, Ohio
Theo Sherman T 6-4 302 James Madison Chatham, Va.
Shaky Smithson WR 5-11 202 Utah Baltimore, Md.
Vic So’oto LB 6-3 263 Brigham Young Carlsbad, Calif.
Kerry Taylor WR 6-0 196 Arizona State Chandler, Ariz.

Borel (Dee-on-dre, Buh-rel), 22, was a three-year starter at quarterback for the Aggies. He finished his career with several school records, including the mark for single-season total offense (3,343 yards in 2009), single-season rushing yards by a quarterback (632 in 2008) and career rushing yards by a quarterback (1,362). Borel threw for 6,698 yards in his career, good for No. 2 in Utah State history, and rushed for 1,398 yards.

Bratton, 23, was named third-team All-America by The Associated Press in 2010 after posting 99 tackles, two interceptions, two forced fumbles and a team-high 12 pass breakups. He earned first-team All-Colonial Athletic recognition as a senior and second-team honors as a junior. For his career, Bratton appeared in 44 games with 39 starts and recorded 269 tackles, 19 pass breakups and seven interceptions.

Dominguez, 23, appeared in 41 career games with 33 starts at tackle for the Razorbacks. As a senior in 2010, he was part of a line that helped the Arkansas offense break 24 season or single-game school records. The Razorbacks were the only team in the country to boast a 3,000-yard passer, a 1,000-yard rusher and five 600-yard receivers.

Genus (JEAN-us), 23, appeared in 44 games with 30 starts during his career and earned first-team All-Big East honors as a senior. As a junior in 2009, he earned second-team all-conference honors and was named USF’s Offensive Lineman of the Year by the coaches. In 2010, he was a finalist for the Wuerffel Trophy, an award given to the FBS player that best combines exemplary community service with academic and athletic achievement.

Gurley, 23, started all 14 contests as a sophomore in 2010 and finished second on the team with 44 receptions for 465 yards (10.6 avg.) and four TDs. He tied a school single-game record with 14 catches at Vanderbilt in ’10. As a redshirt freshman, Gurley played in all 13 games with five starts and ranked third on the squad with 440 yards receiving on 31 grabs (14.2 avg.) with two TDs.

Hoese (HAZE-ee), 22, appeared in 11 games with seven starts as a senior in 2010. He rushed for 53 yards and three TDs on 19 carries, and added 97 yards receiving on 12 catches. As a junior, Hoese posted 103 rushing yards and a TD on 29 attempts along with 11 catches for 87 yards and a score. He began his career as a walk-on safety before converting to fullback prior to his sophomore campaign.

Jennings, 23, earned first-team All-Sun Belt Conference honors as a senior when he posted a career-high 84 tackles and matched his career best with three interceptions. As a junior in 2009, he ranked second on the squad with 64 tackles and tied for the conference lead with three fumble recoveries. He finished his career with 241 tackles, eight interceptions, 15 pass breakups and two sacks.

Joseph, 23, was a second-team All-Mid-American Conference selection as a senior and also was the recipient of the team’s Carlos Diaz Award as the most improved player. He played in 11 games with eight starts at MLB and finished second on the team with 71 tackles. As a junior in 2009, Joseph recorded 63 tackles, including 6½ for loss, two sacks and two forced fumbles on his way to earning first-team All-MAC honors.

Lattimore, 22, was named the Sun Belt Conference Defensive Player of the Year in 2010, recording 68 tackles, 15 tackles for loss, 11½ sacks, two forced fumbles, two blocked kicks and a fumble recovery. He earned second-team All-Sun Belt Conference recognition as a junior when he posted 47 tackles, including 9½ tackles for loss, and 5½ sacks. Lattimore finished his career ranked second in school history with 20½ sacks in three seasons, appearing in all 38 games with 26 starts.

Ross, 21, was a four-year letterwinner, appearing in 45 games with 33 starts during his career. He earned second-team All-Missouri Valley Conference recognition as a senior when he led the team with three interceptions and added 60 tackles (40 solo). Ross earned honorable mention all-conference honors at safety as a sophomore in 2008 before moving to cornerback for his final two seasons.

Saine, 22, appeared in 49 games with 17 starts for the Buckeyes and finished his career with 1,408 rushing yards and 17 TDs. He was voted team captain as a senior and was a member of the Doak Walker Award preseason watch list. Saine posted a career-high 739 rushing yards and four TDs on 145 carries (5.1 avg.) as a junior in 2009. He added 616 receiving yards and eight TDs on 55 catches (11.2 avg.) during his career.

Sherman, 23, was a four-year starter at tackle for the Dukes and earned second-team All-Colonial Athletic Association honors as a senior. He earned third-team all-conference recognition as a sophomore and junior. In 2008, Sherman helped the Dukes average 38.1 points and 282.8 rushing yards per game.

Smithson, 23, was named a Walter Camp first-team All-America at punt returner as a senior in 2010 after leading the nation in punt return average (19.1) and punt return yards (572). He was named a first-team All-America all-purpose back by Scout/FoxSports.com as a senior and earned second-team All-America honors at punt returner from CBSSports.com and Phil Steele. Smithson added 383 receiving yards and three TDs on 25 catches (15.3 avg.) in 2010.

So’oto (so-OH-toe), 24, started all 13 games at defensive end as a senior and earned first-team All-Mountain West Conference honors. He paced the team with 11½ tackles for loss and five sacks, adding 45 tackles, eight QB hurries, an interception and a forced fumble. So’oto also saw action at tight end earlier in his collegiate career, posting 124 yards on 12 receptions (10.3 avg.) as a sophomore in 2007.

Taylor, 22, appeared in 46 games with 20 starts for the Sun Devils and finished his career with 112 receptions for 1,433 yards (12.8 avg.) and seven TDs. He led the team in receptions (54) and receiving yards (699) as a senior, posting career highs in each category. Taylor added three TD receptions in 2010, matching his career best, and registered five six-catch games on the season.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
Elijah Joseph, wasn't he one of the twins?
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
12 years ago

Elijah Joseph, wasn't he one of the twins?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Yes.. but his twin doesn't appear..

No Twins in we don't have the complete set of twin on the roster.

At least as of yet.
buckeyepackfan
12 years ago
Of all on the list I am now rooting most for Brandon Saine to be one of the few un-drafted players to make the roster every year.

My reasons........1. Played at The Ohio State University(you can never have enough Buckeyes on your roster) :)
..................2. I hate change, it is only right that Brandon Saine replaces Brandon Jackson.

That is all!!!!
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (12h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (13h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (14h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (14h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (14h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (17h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (17h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (21h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (21h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
57m / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.