nerdmann
12 years ago
FIRST QUARTER
-Opening kickoff for 7 yards, Pat Lee replacing Jordy Nelson on kickoffs, due to Nelson having fumbled twice the week before. We start out on the 7 yard line. Lee almost fumbled it too.
-14:12 Long pass to Donald Lee, but he fumbled it. This is the play where we lost Finley for the year. He was going after the ballcarrier after the fumble. Tried to make the tackle.
-12:40 Huge stand by the defense. They absolutely stuffed two runs, then there was a snap out of the shotgun that went over McNabb's head, putting them out of FG range. Clay with the unofficial sack. Skins punt and we get the ball back on about the 10.
-12:05 Next play, Bjax up the middle for 71 yards. Man our run game is gonna be alot more fun to watch this year.
-8:59 Lee, TD 7-0 Packers.
-8:29 AJ Hawk gets dragged for a first down.
-0:28 39 yards down the left sideline for JJ. It wasn't over the shoulder. He turned and caught it facing the QB. Caught it with his hands.

SECOND QUARTER
-14:10 Jordy for around 20 yards down to the 1. He's always making these big plays where he gets all the way down to the goal line and just barely misses getting in. "King of the one yard line."
-12:46 Stuffed on a QB sneak to bring up 4th down. Rodgers gets a concussion here. Then they also have to waste a timeout. At least they made it to the 2nd quarter before having to do so this time.
-12:11 4th down play jump ball to Quarless in the end zone, incomplete.
-8:56 HUGE punt return by Tramon Williams, 52 yards.
-8:04 Rodgers comes back in for this drive. Played the rest of the game. Gets sacked. Didn't hit him in the head though.
-7:30 Crosby FG 10-0 Packers
-4:26 Rodgers still in. JJ with a drop, but the ball was too high. Was NOT an over the shoulder catch. Went off his fingertips. Next play incomplete to JJ forcing it to JJ over the middle in double coverage. The throw was a little off. This forces the Packers to punt.
-McNabb has been running for his life all day. Sacked here, but another PI on Woody overturns it. Actually "illegal hands to the face."
-3:29 McNabb scrambling, 52 yards to Santana Moss.
-0:17 Redskins get a FG, 10-3 Packers.
-Jordy Nelson back on kickoffs, squibbed off AJ Hawk, recovered inside the 40.
-Conceded the half on short passes.
HALF -Dominated by the Pack statistically and in points, but not in TOP.

THIRD QUARTER
-12:02 Skins driving on a third and 6, Woody interfered with Moss, but didn't get called.
-11:55 Rodgers still in the game.
-9:47 42 yards to DD. Dove for the ball, but wasn't touched, got up and got another 15 or 20. Bjax had a nice looking screen and a nice draw for 15 on this drive.
-7:47 Arodge has to waste another timeout. 1 for 6 on third downs so far.
-7:34 Crosby FG, 13-0 Packers
-6:58 Washington wastes a timeout to prevent delay of game.
-5:11 Arodge has to waste another timeout to prevent delay of game on 3rd and 2. Orakpo was winded, but got to catch his breath.
-2:19 Arodge has been throwing darts this drive. Had DD wide open at the 10, but DD dropped it going to the ground for the ball.
-2:14 Crosby misses a 48 yarder.

FOURTH QUARTER
-Clay out with hammy pull. "Cramp in his hamstring." Shields is also apparently out. Losing Clay was HUGE. Cost us the game, if you don't consider the offense only scoring 13 points as the other factor.
-14:22 4th and 2, Skins go for it at midfield, don't get it. Still 13-3 Packers.
-12:20 After three and out, Packers punt, Skins take it back 40 yards and very nearly took it to the house.
-11:35 TD Redskins, 60 yards to Anthony Armstrong. Peprah bit too much to the outside. Jordy Nelson is the kick returner.
-Jordy takes it back to the 16.
-11:20 Rogers got hit hard on the previous play by Orakpo. Looked like his head slammed the turf. This play was a clutch first down out to the 42, to Jordy Nelson.
-9:00 McNabb 23 yards to Armstrong right down the middle.
-8:16 PI on Woody. 5 yards, automatic first down.
-7:55 Ball tipped up into the air and Armstrong came down with it.
-6:45 51 yarder, missed by Skins.
-4:20 Three and out, Packers punt.
-2:43 Huge play by Cooley. Bounced off a couple tackles, including Poppinga. Got 30 yards, into FG range.
-1:11 45 yard FG, Skins tie it up, 13-13.

AARON RODGERS TIME
-0:07 A couple huge catches by Quarless get us into FG range. Crosby clanks one off the left upright from 53 yards.
-0:01 McNabb picked off on a hail mary, with Tramon running it back about 63 yards, but didn't score. Overtime!

OVERTIME
-Packers win toss, elect to receive.
-Pat Lee back in on the kickoff, returns it out to the 24.
-Pathetic three and out drive. Comes down to 3rd and 7, then we get Bulaga false starting and a sack by Orakpo.
-13:30 McNabb to Moss over Lee for about 20 yards down the middle. No pressure (Clay on sidelines.)
-12:30 Huge sack by Poppinga to put them back across midfield.
-12:12 Tramon picks up the ball on one bounced then gets JACKED UP, helicopter style by the Redskins ST.
-11:26 LaRon Landry diving INT of Rodgers, returns it 24 yards down to the 16. It was a bad throw behind Jennings and low. Arodge was hit as he threw.
-Landry was ruled down on the review, so the ball goes back to the 39.
-11:18 Complete to Galloway over the middle to the 34 in TIGHT coverage. FG range.
-10:14 Crushing PI on Poppinga. Called for holding, but it looked like their feet got tangled. Automatic first down. Ball on the 25. Next play, Raji stuffs the run, ball back to the 30.
-9:26 Woody PI. Automatic first down. Ball on the 22.
-9:00 McNabb QB draw gets 6, against Psycho package.
-8:14 33 yarder for the win.

What cost us this game was losing Clay Matthews in the second half. That was the big factor that stood out. But we also "let them hang around." We could have put them away in the first half. Our kicker missed two FG, either of which would have ended the game victoriously in regulation. Then there was also the 4th and goal that was over thrown to Quarless after Arodge's concussion. It was basically a jump ball. Finley makes that play easily. The rookie Quarles stumbled and didn't even get close. All in all a very winnable game, that we pissed away in true Mike McCarthy style. Ah yes, there were the special teams gaffes. I already addressed the missed FGs, which admittedly were long distance. But then there was a line drive punt, a long punt return given up and the ridiculously horrible kick return attemps. (I don't say returns, because there really was no return to speak of on those plays.) Mike McCarthy needs to start getting over this "mid season hump." I think they will, but this game was one example of those winnable games between weeks 4-10 where they tend to struggle with underperformance. I will grant them a pass here, because there were significant injuries in this game. We lost Clay and Shields. Plus Arodge was concussed, although he continued to play. Which is messed up in and of itself. Not sure Flynn would have done better per se.
Bottom line was that McNabb was running for his life all day until Clay left the game. Kind of scary to see what might happen if we lost him on defense.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Greg C.
12 years ago
Agreed that losing Clay Matthews cost the Packers the game. It was very obvious what a difference he makes to our defense. (We saw it again the following week against Miami.)

I don't like it that you state that Rodgers received a concussion early in the game. You present this as fact, even though, as far as I know, Rodgers and McCarthy said that he suffered the concussion in OT. I know this is just a fan forum, but I think you should be more careful about stuff like this.
blank
millertime
12 years ago
Didn't Tim Masthay play horribly in this game? I thought this was the game where I made the get rid of Masthay thread right afterwards?
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

Agreed that losing Clay Matthews cost the Packers the game. It was very obvious what a difference he makes to our defense. (We saw it again the following week against Miami.)

I don't like it that you state that Rodgers received a concussion early in the game. You present this as fact, even though, as far as I know, Rodgers and McCarthy said that he suffered the concussion in OT. I know this is just a fan forum, but I think you should be more careful about stuff like this.

Originally Posted by: Greg C. 

I remember that whole check his stats debate. I'm very confident he didn't suffer a concussion until over time when he got the knee or whatever to the helmet. The play most assume he was concussed on I didn't really think his head was even hit much if at all. I can't remember, I just remember thinking there's no way that would cause a concussion.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14m) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (14m) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (2h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (2h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (2h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (3h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (3h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (14h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (15h) : damn those vikings
beast (16h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (16h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (16h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (16h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (16h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (23h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7m / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.