all_about_da_packers
12 years ago
I'm sure we all know Aaron had a great night last night, Jennings was making tough catches, Cobb was doing his best to audition for the role in the Matrix - should there be another film in the series.

But how about we give some love to players who didn't make the splash play, but none-the-less did their job and their solid play may have gone unnoticed.

I'll start with some:

Jarius Wynn - I'll admit, not a big fan since he isn't really ideal size for a 3-4 DE. But dude came to play tonight. Had a sack, couple of times he caused a disruption in the backfield but getting lower than the opposing O-linemen and helping push the line back (first, the down before the fourth-down made the tackle for no gain, and then the next down, lowered himself so that the blocker who hit him could not phase him and gave chase to Brees to force incompletion). Finished with 4 tackles, and overall I think he did a really good job.

Scott Wells: A few times he got into the second level and was on LBs. He also did a great job communicating and pointing out the blitzers amongst the line.

Chad Clifton: Dude had a game to forget against the Colts. Came back and was unnoticeable. Just the way you want your LT to be.

Jarret Bush: Came in for Tramon and had a good breakup on the ball. Had a chance to INT it, but bounced off foot. Made a tremendous play to down the punt inside the 1, but I'm still unsure why exactly it was ruled a touchback. It seemed like he had his knee down before his foot slipped into the endzone. And he also had a sack. Followed by a that dance - Bush has some swag to his moves.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
evad04
12 years ago
He's not an under the radar player, but his performance was: B.J. the "Garaji" Raji. It's hard to hand out cookies to the defense based on the sheer volume of yards they gave up, but the Saints are very tough. Raji once again played a ton of snaps and was a difference maker on more than a handful of plays.

I also think Finley's performance was under the radar. From my admittedly amateur view, it seemed like some of the red zone plays (especially the Jordy TD) were possible because the safety was sliding closer to Finley, who was lined up wide. In this sense the pre-snap placement of Finley helped the other guys get more space.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
zombieslayer
12 years ago

I'm sure we all know Aaron had a great night last night, Jennings was making tough catches, Cobb was doing his best to audition for the role in the Matrix - should there be another film in the series.

But how about we give some love to players who didn't make the splash play, but none-the-less did their job and their solid play may have gone unnoticed.

I'll start with some:

Jarius Wynn - I'll admit, not a big fan since he isn't really ideal size for a 3-4 DE. But dude came to play tonight. Had a sack, couple of times he caused a disruption in the backfield but getting lower than the opposing O-linemen and helping push the line back (first fourth-down stop comes to mind). Finished with 4 tackles, and overall I think he did a really good job.

Scott Wells: A few times he got into the second level and was on LBs. He also did a great job communicating and pointing out the blitzers amongst the line.

Chad Clifton: Dude had a game to forget against the Colts. Came back and was unnoticeable. Just the way you want your LT to be.

Jarret Bush: Came in for Tramon and had a good breakup on the ball. Had a chance to INT it, but bounced off foot. Made a tremendous play to down the punt inside the 1, but I'm still unsure why exactly it was ruled a touchback. It seemed like he had his knee down before his foot slipped into the endzone. And he also had a sack. Followed by a that dance - Bush has some swag to his moves.

Originally Posted by: all_about_da_packers 

Good to see Bush step up. I too was not too happy about that ball not being placed on the 1. But whatever.

Yeah, Cliffy looked good. Oldest starting LT in the NFL now officially (if the announcer got his facts right).
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Silentio
12 years ago

Jarius Wynn - I'll admit, not a big fan since he isn't really ideal size for a 3-4 DE. But dude came to play tonight. Had a sack, couple of times he caused a disruption in the backfield but getting lower than the opposing O-linemen and helping push the line back (first fourth-down stop comes to mind). Finished with 4 tackles, and overall I think he did a really good job.

Nice to see Wynn come to play. Good to know we have a serviceable back up for Mike Neal, who seems a little injury prone. Is it too early to say that. Feel like I'm jumping the gun.

I thought the whole O line looked nice tonight, especially considering some of the criticism they got in the preseason.

Jarret Bush: Came in for Tramon and had a good breakup on the ball. Had a chance to INT it, but bounced off foot. Made a tremendous play to down the punt inside the 1, but I'm still unsure why exactly it was ruled a touchback. It seemed like he had his knee down before his foot slipped into the endzone. And he also had a sack. Followed by a that dance - Bush has some swag to his moves

Jarret Bush has found himself a place on the team, especially on special teams. I think the way they used him on his sack is exactly the situation Bush should be in. The guy is athletic as hell. At the right moment in a game I like him on that blitz. That said, I think the longer he plays in coverage the more we are going to wish someone else was back there. Apparently he has looked lights out in practice, but I think that has more to do with the fact that he knows the Packers' offense inside and out. I hope I'm wrong but if Tramon is out I am going to be worried about Bush on defense.

blank
beast
12 years ago
Wynn looked bigger an looked like he added a beer gut... so he might be more 3-4 DE size now... getting cut last year must of lit a fire under him... he's better than he was...

Also I'd say Burnett looked a LOT better than last year. he wasn't afraid to hit and made some great tackles and key plays. I think he's the reason the RB didn't get into the end zone that last play.

Yes Pickett and the DL stopped the OL... and yes a couple of guys jumped to try to meet the RB in mid air... but the RBs forward movement didn't stop until Barnett wrapped him up and put him on the ground.
UserPostedImage
porky88
12 years ago
Scott Wells and Ryan Pickett were beasts up front tonight. Bryan Bulaga looked great as well. He's run blocking was nice and he pass protected very well too. He looks like a different player, especially when you factor in his preseason.
12 years ago
Wells, Clifton, Wynn.

With so few games played he is still really a rookie; my biggest disappointment was Burnett.
blank
olds70supreme
12 years ago
Kuhn - Despite limited touches, he made them count, getting a critical first down and a touchdown.

I thought Tramon Williams had a nice game coverage wise - than again if a CB has an under the radar performance it usually is a good thing.
blank
Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago
I was excited to see Bulaga's performance on run blocking in this guy. He was simply overpowering guys, in comparison to Lang, who seemed to get pretty high in his stance on a few plays.

I thought Matt Flynn was absolutely stellar on the sidelines last night.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

With so few games played he is still really a rookie; my biggest disappointment was Burnett.

Originally Posted by: CaliforniaCheez 

He had 7 solo tackles and 7 assisted tackles and that's disappointing?
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (11h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (14h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (15h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (18h) : Flag?
Martha Careful (18h) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (18h) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.