Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago

Waiting to hear about the Pickett injury.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

He has a sprained foot. No further details have been released.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
12 years ago
BTW.. if the Packers don't draw Mora as a color guy again.. I will be one happy gent.

Good news is the Packers are 2-0 while not playing their best ball.. bad news is the Lions (albeit suspect competition) look to be a very complete team and should give the Packers pause in the division race.

Vikings have a ton of issues.. starting at QB and that line.. McNabb isn't really helping that team.

Bears defense better excel every week.. otherwise they will not be sniffing .500.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago

I thought Newton was accurate early in the game, but then he declined. Rex Grossman is like that. Michael Vick used to be like that. Streaky. But Newton is a rookie, so he could improve, and if he gets consistent with his accuracy he could really be something.

I agree about the two-yard pass. By NFL standards, it was not difficult. Jim Mora may be the dumbest announcer out there. He annoyed me throughout the game. The worst was when a Carolina receiver blatantly pushed off and got called for it--on the replay you could see the arm extension and everything--and Mora said "that happens on every play" and it shouldn't have been called. It's no wonder this guy failed as a head coach. He just doesn't seem very bright.

Originally Posted by: Greg C. 

Greg I loved your slapping Mora around. kudos for that. I turned the sound off and turned the radio on. They are so much more accurate. They tell you trips right, fullhouse backfield, who is in the slot. They inform the listener of so many things that get missed when just watching the tv. They were quick to say the receiver was in bounds on Mike's challenge. But they also said he had to throw the flag. if for no other reason than to give the defense a chance to regroup and refocus. Although Carolina continued to move the ball, they did not score on that drive.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago

For the record, Favre had a winning record in the Playoffs.

P Manning didn't though. So maybe he's a better example of suckage while announcers slobber all over him.

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

Who? Didn't he retire or something?
[grin1]
I haven't seen one of his commercials for days.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
12 years ago
1.63 YPC for "Double Trouble" on the day..

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Felipe7777777
12 years ago
whatever happened to the highlight package of the games that someone used to do after every game? was it Zero? either way those are missed! Unless they are made and I can't find them anywhere 😑
blank
beast
12 years ago

He has a sprained foot. No further details have been released.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

Pickett had some comments on it. He said it wasn't one play that did it... but the pain was building though out the game and he played though most of the game with it. He made it sound like he though it was a non-factor (but of course don't they all try to say that?)
UserPostedImage
beast
12 years ago

That was Petrino.

But yeah, I was at a bar where the volume was barely audible and I almost choked on my food when Mora was apologizing for the missed TD pass. I think Mora has a Cam Newton fathead stuck to the ceiling above his bed.

Originally Posted by: evad04 

I think he has a mirror stuck to the ceiling about his bed, and the Newton fathead is stuck to the mirror. When his dad came over you could hear him from miles... Cam Newton?!?! In the playoffs?!?! You kidding me?!?! Playoffs?!?!

UserPostedImage
Greg C.
12 years ago

Greg I loved your slapping Mora around. kudos for that. I turned the sound off and turned the radio on. They are so much more accurate. They tell you trips right, fullhouse backfield, who is in the slot. They inform the listener of so many things that get missed when just watching the tv. They were quick to say the receiver was in bounds on Mike's challenge. But they also said he had to throw the flag. if for no other reason than to give the defense a chance to regroup and refocus. Although Carolina continued to move the ball, they did not score on that drive.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Yeah, Larry McCarren does an awesome job on the radio. Maybe I should listen to the radio next time we get stuck with bum announcers on the TV. I gave up on the radio a few years ago when the TV started to use tape delays (a reaction to the Janet Jackson boob controversy), which threw them out of sync with the radio. Is that still an issue?
blank
DoddPower
12 years ago
Crazy thing about this game, it very well could be the last game of two wonderful players careers: Both Thomas Davis and Nick Collins. Davis tore his ACL again, 3rd time in as many years. I can't imagine him coming back, but who knows.

I'm sure Collins will come back as well, I'm just being negative. Still, it's crazy to think about though. I just never know what to think about neck injuries. I would love to see both of the guys back out on the field.

By the way, did everyone see Al Harris back on the field for the Rams? It was awesome to see him!!
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (15h) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
51m / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

54m / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

1h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

10h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

10h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

11h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

16h / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.