Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago

I mean how dare a middle class white boy like me suggest that the white race has bills to pay from the past.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

I am happy to say I don't suffer from the slightest twinge of white guilt. While the ancestors of today's blacks (many of whom, like the quadroons and octoroons, were more white than black, by the way) were groaning under the chains of slavery in America, my ancestors were groaning under equally oppressive conditions as peasants in Prussia. They also emigrated via Russia to the United States decades before the Nazis came to power in Germany. None of my ancestors had anything to do with either slavery or the Holocaust, so I refuse to take responsibility for either event now.

As for "Packer People" I hate that shit.

I couldn't say it any better myself.[ass]
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago

I am happy to say I don't suffer from the slightest twinge of white guilt. While the ancestors of today's blacks blacks (many of whom, like the quadroons and octoroons, were more white than black, by the way) were groaning under the chains of slavery in America, my ancestors were groaning under equally oppressive conditions as peasants in Prussia. They also emigrated via Russia to the United States decades before the Nazis came to power in Germany. None of my ancestors had anything to do with either slavery or the Holocaust, so I refuse to take responsibility for either event now.

I couldn't say it any better myself.[ass]

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

yep. I didn't do it. My dad didn't do it. My grandfather didn't do it. My great grandfather didn't do it either. We are not responsible.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
12 years ago

yep. I didn't do it. My dad didn't do it. My grandfather didn't do it. My great grandfather didn't do it either. We are not responsible.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

But that doesn't matter to the oppressed minority that hates your guts. Don't worry if your slate is clean, I'm sure there's nothing to worry about. [sarcasm]

But when the reparations happen in your lifetime, just recognize your buddy DT warned you.
UserPostedImage
evad04
12 years ago
Also, if I had the time/energy I'd start a focused thread on race. You may not be a racist, espouse racist views, or be directly responsible for racism -- but just know that institutional racism is bigger than you and is still an enormous barrier for whole swaths of people. As a white American man born in the late 80s, I've pretty much got it made (and before anyone freaks out, I'm being cynical and reducing the complexities that influence life to a punch line).

Louie C.K.'s thoughts (NSFW-language!!!):

William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago
Ah, yes. "White male privilege" -- the gross oversimplification that is the liberal's bludgeon of first resort. Having served on an activist student senate for a couple of years, I have endured many hours of preaching on this particular gem. There was certainly a time in our nation when "white men had it made," but it's been decades since that was universally true (consider the fact that male salaries have not only stagnated, they have declined in real dollars since the 1970s), to the point where there are plenty of situations nowadays in which being a white male is a disadvantage, not an advantage.

If minorities (particularly black males) want to stop being treated like a stereotype, they should consider not acting like a stereotype. I personally will never respect anyone who acts like a gangsta wannabe, no matter what his race might be. I find whiggers and AZNs just as annoying as any black gangbanger.

I stopped feeling sorry for blacks after I found out that the year that featured the greatest level of black entrepreneurship in the United States was 1963 -- the year BEFORE the Civil Rights Act was passed and two years before the Great Society programs were implemented. Sounds to me like the black community has screwed itself. Maybe they should take a cue from the Asian community and raise themselves up by their bootstraps instead of relying on the dole.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
12 years ago

I stopped feeling sorry for blacks after I found out that the year that featured the greatest level of black entrepreneurship in the United States was 1963 -- the year BEFORE the Civil Rights Act was passed and two years before the Great Society programs were implemented. Sounds to me like the black community has screwed itself. Maybe they should take a cue from the Asian community and raise themselves up by their bootstraps instead of relying on the dole.

For an educated man such as yourself, you can really be dumbass. The white race exploited the black man for profit for over two centuries, treating them worse than livestock, and that's all you can say? You've got a long way to go in life rich boy.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
12 years ago

Ah, yes. "White male privilege" -- the gross oversimplification that is the liberal's bludgeon of first resort. Having served on an activist student senate for a couple of years, I have endured many hours of preaching on this particular gem. There was certainly a time in our nation when "white men had it made," but it's been decades since that was universally true (consider the fact that male salaries have not only stagnated, they have declined in real dollars since the 1970s), to the point where there are plenty of situations nowadays in which being a white male is a disadvantage, not an advantage.

If minorities (particularly black males) want to stop being treated like a stereotype, they should consider not acting like a stereotype. I personally will never respect anyone who acts like a gangsta wannabe, no matter what his race might be. I find whiggers and AZNs just as annoying as any black gangbanger.

I read this and immediately think to myself what a biased line of thinking... you open with how oppressed the "young white male" has it, claiming disadvantaged, then turn to the "young black male" and basically tell them to raise the chin up and earn it instead of getting it handed to them. Like the young white man shouldn't have to work as hard to earn it?

How about this simply.. without boiling it down to race, the world does not hand things out to anyone.. each and everyone of us need not look for the easy way out and instead hold up our end in society.

I don't know about you.. but I look upon the world and I see "punks" littering the earth thinking that they have some sort of entitlement to do as they please, when they please regardless of impact upon their surroundings and those it effects. And it certainly isn't race specific, but more a product and pressures of their environment or some underlying insecurity that they are masking.

If anything.. the "young white male" hides behind this victim card mentality way to readily.. damn why not accept that life is hard for everyone and from your shoes someone always has it easier. Which is more than likely bullshit because they have their own loaded deck stacked against them to deal with.

Humans are funny beings.. always having to compare their life to another and tie some sort of injustice and a healthy dose of jealousy to it.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
DakotaT
12 years ago
93, your analogy is much better, but I don't accept that as gospel either. We want a world of equality and freedom for all men. THAT IS NOT POSSIBLE WITHOUT FIXING THE PAST FIRST. Sorry to yell but two by fours upside the head is a necessary tool on occassions in which we find ourselves today. White man's burden is to right the wrongs in which we profited and find ourselves in the luxuries we now enjoy. The time has come to share it all.

Greed is a powerful thing and it consumed the white hook, line, and sinker throughout the centuries...
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
12 years ago

White man's burden is to right the wrongs in which we profited and find ourselves in the luxuries we now enjoy. The time has come to share it all.

See this is where I differ.. you cannot change the past.. what was done was done by a different generation and there is little that can be done to "correct" those sins upon the society of today. That would be just as unfair to today's world as it was unfair to those of yesteryear.

Additionally.. it isn't so much as the elite fat cats are suppressing just select portions of American society today based on race.

It is economically class based.. they give really two shits less about the genealogy of those they suppress through greed and politics. They are hoarders of power and money.. everyone is a threat to them.. because everyone can take their prizes away.

Personally.. I don't think we can systematically strip the elite of their possessions.. however we should be holding them accountable to do their part for this society and not continue to only profit and prey upon it illegally or immorally. In a perfect world.. they wouldn't be able to utilize their money to influence politically.. but to globally convict anyone with wealth isn't correct either.

Just like the middle to lower class Joe.. you only can judge a person individually upon their own merits.. not the economic, ethnic and religious standings.

This country, based on its extensive and wide ranging mixing pot of those the form it, has little room to judge upon its citizens in collective groups.

There is a reason that we have varying levels of government, within the concept of design its purpose is to make sure there is a level of individualism in the political arena.

And it is there, in the lower levels of government, where the greed and power is stripping the middle and lower classes of its voice.

It calls for reforming the process in which "we the people" restore our voices and realign the purpose of government for the good of all people.. IMO, it does not call for paying for sins of the past.. or beating down a single entity within this society. It is restoring the roots upon which this country was founded... and avoiding the mistakes of the past.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
PackerTraxx
12 years ago
And how does this all help/hurt JJ chances of playing well?
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?