wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago
too funny to not post all the story. 

Add "impaling" to the list of injuries that could be caused by the shoddy turf at Soldier Field.

A foreign object sticking out the 18-yard line near the south end zone temporarily delayed play at Sunday's game between the Chicago Bears and Green Bay Packers. Officials called it a "dangerous situation." It appeared to be a thin, sharp, metal spike.
UserPostedImage
Soldier Field was resodded last week. The turf had drawn complaints from players during the preseason and was deemed unsafe enough to cancel the team's annual Family Fest in August.

The "dangerous situation" was dealt with swiftly and the game resumed without incident, except for the dragon that popped out of the 50-yard line and ate Brian Urlacher.

UserPostedImage
Stevetarded
12 years ago

Is the season over already? I thought we had 14 weeks left.

Originally Posted by: Dexter_Sinister 

?
blank
Dexter_Sinister
12 years ago

?

Originally Posted by: Stevetarded 

Nonstop quipped that sprained knee was 🇲🇲 code for out for the season.

Beast said a sprain was usually a couple weeks.

Then it was explained to Beast that Neal's knee was called a sprain.

Neal has not been placed on IR and the season isn't over. Therefore Neal's knee injury has not ended his season. It is not over nor is he placed on IR.

I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
nerdmann
12 years ago

Nonstop quipped that sprained knee was 🇲🇲 code for out for the season.

Beast said a sprain was usually a couple weeks.

Then it was explained to Beast that Neal's knee was called a sprain.

Neal has not been placed on IR and the season isn't over. Therefore Neal's knee injury has not ended his season. It is not over nor is he placed on IR.

Originally Posted by: Dexter_Sinister 

Neal's knee was supposed to have no damage whatsoever.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
evad04
12 years ago
Here's my question: what would have come from the severity of Neal's injury being immediately known? Or even, updated sooner than it was?

That is to ask: what ACTUALLY would have happened if we the fans were clued in? The only answer I can come up with is that we the fans would have known about it. It's not like we are in any position to do anything about it. So, what is the harm here? A fan's fragile expectations are disrupted? Someone help me understand this.

I don't know if the insinuation is that McCarthy a) doesn't know what's going on (ignorance) b) is being deceptive c) some other thing I can't think of.

Help me out. I think I'll likely disagree with you -- whoever you are -- but I'd nonetheless like to understand what all the fuss is about.

Mike Neal was up and walking around like all was good, only a few days after the injury. It did seem that he was going to be fine. Then he had surgery and people are upset about it. Other than just being upset that we don't have the services of a good player or feeling sorry for Neal himself (definitely not the case since some have expressed outright anger towards him) -- what is the fuss about?
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Stevetarded
12 years ago

Here's my question: what would have come from the severity of Neal's injury being immediately known? Or even, updated sooner than it was?

That is to ask: what ACTUALLY would have happened if we the fans were clued in? The only answer I can come up with is that we the fans would have known about it. It's not like we are in any position to do anything about it. So, what is the harm here? A fan's fragile expectations are disrupted? Someone help me understand this.

I don't know if the insinuation is that McCarthy a) doesn't know what's going on (ignorance) b) is being deceptive c) some other thing I can't think of.

Help me out. I think I'll likely disagree with you -- whoever you are -- but I'd nonetheless like to understand what all the fuss is about.

Mike Neal was up and walking around like all was good, only a few days after the injury. It did seem that he was going to be fine. Then he had surgery and people are upset about it. Other than just being upset that we don't have the services of a good player or feeling sorry for Neal himself (definitely not the case since some have expressed outright anger towards him) -- what is the fuss about?

Originally Posted by: evad04 

There is no fuss but fans may see "knee sprain" and assume it's not that bad. It's not unreasonable for someone to point out that due to McCarthys past explanations of injuries it may not be best to get our collective hopes up.
blank
Greg C.
12 years ago

Originally Posted by: evad04 

It's just irritating, is all. I think the general feeling is that McCarthy is a little deceptive about these things, because there have been several other cases like this. The roller coaster effect can be a bit hard to take: Oh no! Neal got hurt! Alright! They say it was a false alarm and he could be back anytime! Um, why isn't he back yet? And now they say he's having surgery and will be out for a significant portion of the season? What the heck?

It's hard not to feel like you are being jerked around a bit when that stuff happens. Once or twice would probably not be noticed, but after a few times one can't help but wonder if McCarthy is not being completely forthcoming about the injuries.

blank
DakotaT
12 years ago
Maybe McCarthey completely understands the vulnerability and sensitivity of the modern Packer fan's mangini; and wants to give the player every possible chance to be able to return to the team.

I suppose we should know every covert operation of the military special forces teams too.

I don't give a shit about Bulaga and Neal's injuries, because the next man up needs to perform, and it appears Wynn and Newhouse are doing just that. Some of you guys really need to relax and enjoy the ride.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
12 years ago
Fact is there are injury reporting rules, and those rules exist for a reason.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Packers_Finland
12 years ago

Fact is there are injury reporting rules, and those rules exist for a reason.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Fantasy football?
This is a placeholder
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (21h) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
13m / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

2h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

2h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

7h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

7h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

16h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

17h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

22h / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.