Zero2Cool
12 years ago
I read he was charged again with another drug possession. What a waste of a solid talent. I'm starting to worry about the guy as a person. Not losing sleep over it or nothing, just hope he gets help because he obviously has a problem.
UserPostedImage
Since69
12 years ago
What a waste. Either he's got a serious addiction or he's seriously stupid. Either way, I doubt Thompson, McCarthy and/or Capers were naive enough to pin any hopes on his return, which certainly won't happen now...
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago
yeah he needs help. Maybe if he is locked away in a rehab center he would get cleaned up.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago
This quote irks me a bit. I don't know why Rodgers feels the need to comment on every issue that comes up. I am not sure what good criticizing the league does in this case. Does he really want to be associated with defending someone who, at the very least, hangs out with habitual drug users after he has been warned to stay away? Someone who was foolish enough to get himself hemmed up repeatedly at the cost of a lucrative career? I am normally a pretty strong Rodgers apologist, but I disagree with his stance here.

"It's just disappointing. And I'll be honest, I think the league deserves some of the blame in this case," Rodgers said. "When you look at some of the other guys that have been reinstated in the league after jail sentences, and justly, rightly so. Johnny didn't serve any days in prison, sat out for a year and still couldn't get his case heard, from what I was told."

"I just think that's wrong. … I think the commissioner's done a great job of cleaning up some of the stuff in the league. That said, if you take a guy away from his support system … I don't think that's helping."

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
I don't know why anyone would think Aaron Rodgers feels he has a need to comment on every issue that comes up.

I am with you Rourke on this comment itself. Aaron is very good at wording his responses, typically. This one, I think he was wrong for saying the NFL was wrong.

Johnny Jolly, appears to have been given an unfair shake, especially considering we have someone in the NFL who drove drunk and killed someone. The difference I noticed was Donte showed remorse immediately, where I didn't see that with Johnny Jolly by his words, or his actions.

Aaron is also right that if you take someone away from their support system, it doesn't help the player. I don't think the NFL is at fault here, but they could have helped by hearing his case and letting him back in. Who knows, maybe someone within the Packers could knock sense into his head? Then again, there's an off season, who's to say he doesn't do the same thing anyway?

Either way, it's on Johnny Jolly, not the NFL.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
12 years ago

This quote irks me a bit. I don't know why Rodgers feels the need to comment on every issue that comes up. I am not sure what good criticizing the league does in this case. Does he really want to be associated with defending someone who, at the very least, hangs out with habitual drug users after he has been warned to stay away? Someone who was foolish enough to get himself hemmed up repeatedly at the cost of a lucrative career? I am normally a pretty strong Rodgers apologist, but I disagree with his stance here.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

I don't know. Maybe it was smarter if he'd just kept his mouth shut... There's really nothing to gain by saying this.

On the other side, he is right somewhere. It's just that, because other players come off to easy, it doesn't mean that Jolly should. That said, the NFL should get their stuff together and get some better guidelines down on this.

How's that for talking a lot but not adding anything?
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (1h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (3h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (3h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (3h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (4h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (4h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (15h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (16h) : damn those vikings
beast (17h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (17h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (17h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (17h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (17h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
now / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

21m / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.