Zero2Cool
12 years ago

I am not sure why people are interpreting Favre's comments as backhanded. I interpreted his words as saying that Rodgers is so good, he could have had a championship even earlier in his career if things had worked out.

In any case, Jim Rome said this morning that Favre desires a "Brut slap" for what he said.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

Here's a shocker! Rourke sees a trend then says he's not sure why people are following said trend!!! Your routine is so damn predictably bland.

Jim Rome went overboard with his analysis in my opinion, from what I heard. I doubt Brett is sitting at home starring at his trophy case with fists clenched saying "Damn you AARON!!!".

Screw it, who cares. I said my piece, its obvious he's bitter and he has every right to be and shouldn't be judged negatively because of it. He's a human being, big deal.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago
A) I don't care enough about this to invest the degree of emotion some of you are.

B) I was raised by a mother who assumes the worst about EVERYONE'S motives all the time. She can find an attack in anything they do, no matter how benign their words or actions are. I grew up feeling so suffocated by this that I tend to assume people's motives aren't terrible unless there is obvious evidence to the contrary -- because I want people to do the same for me.

If that makes me bland, so be it.
UserPostedImage
Dulak
12 years ago
most talented team he has ever played on (favre talking about the pack before he left) didnt he say that in MN?

Just some words to make people feel better? - how about conviction behind words ...

Zero2Cool
12 years ago

You know what, I’m just, the only thing I want to say is I’m just really proud of our guys and what our team did last season. It was a great accomplishment. It took all 53 of those guys and obviously it got the attention of a lot of people and we’re proud of the fact that we achieved the ultimate goal as a team.

Aaron Rodgers on what Brett Favre said wrote:

You know what, again I’m just going to say I was really proud of our team. It takes 53 guys to win a championship. We had the right recipe last year and we’re trying to do that same thing this season.

Aaron Rodgers on if Brett disrespected him wrote:

UserPostedImage
gbguy20
12 years ago
that a boy aaron
PackerTraxx
12 years ago
I'm sure Brett is envious of the weapons that Aaron has. I'm not going to point fingers here because I believe both parties were at fault. The thing I would have done differently is to trade Brett to the Vikings right away and rape them of their draft choices. Like Dallas did, which also stopped us from going to the SB earlier with Brett and Reggie. It might have hurt us for a couple of years but it wasn't like we were trading someone who might haunt us for 10-12 years or more and it would have weakened the Queens in the long run. What might we have now if we had 2,3,4 more high draft picks from the last couple of years.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
Clay Matthews III on Jim Rome is Burning

I’m not going to get involved with that, but I know 12, He hears those comments. It definitely fuels the fire. He’s playing outstanding ball but it’s only going to continue to exacerbate the situation and continue to step his game up, so I’m just looking forward to having him on my team and to see what he is able to do.

Clay Matthews on how Rodgers will react to Favre's comments wrote:

I’m sure Aaron has a bigger problem, backhanded comments like that, I’m sure it hits a core with Aaron. He’s a competitor. He takes everything that people say about him, the criticisms, and puts it on display on Sunday.

Clay Matthews on whether he had a problem with Favre's comments or not wrote:

UserPostedImage
DakotaT
12 years ago
Do you think fans of teams other than the 49ers look at the Packers and say, what a bunch of spoiled mother fuckers? It gives me great pleasure that Cock'N'Crocs has turned into a bitter, jealous man. He still deserves the ring of honor though, but he can wait until our gay general manager decides to retire. There is no hurry.

I love that Rodgers is programmed to always take the high road when it comes to what Brett says.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

Do you think fans of teams other than the 49ers look at the Packers and say, what a bunch of spoiled mother fuckers? It gives me great pleasure that Cock'N'Crocs has turned into a bitter, jealous man. He still deserves the ring of honor though, but he can wait until our gay general manager decides to retire. There is no hurry.

I love that Rodgers is programmed to always take the high road when it comes to what Brett says.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Yes sir, they do think Packers fans are spoiled. I hear it often, especially here from Broncos fans who still have not seen their team replace John Elway. The other day I had someone chime in while talking about the Packers "Yeah, what year was it that the Broncos beat the Packers in the Super Bowl?" I snapped back with a big smile "That was fourteen years ago and can you tell who won the last Super Bowl and this past weekend?" The lady walked away. This same discussion has been played out a few times here. It would be one thing if the Packers hadn't won last year, but seriously, you're gonna try talking smack about 14 years ago when the Packers won LAST YEAR?

Anyhow, yes, other fans think we're spoiled. I have a lot of Packers stuff on my desk and there are several other teams fans here, Bills, Falcons, 49ers, Broncos, Chargers, etc ... they come chat football with me and if QB's come up, I hear how lucky Packers fans are for 4 and then 12.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago

He still deserves the ring of honor though, but he can wait until our gay general manager decides to retire. There is no hurry.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

It makes me chuckle that all the old Fire Ted Thompson websites seem to be defunct. Their pussy owners didn't even have the balls to renew their domains.

In fairness, the owner of the most famous of those sites did have the courtesy to post this image before taking down the site.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (8h) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (8h) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (13h) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (13h) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (13h) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.