Poll Question: Does Rodgers throw for more than 350 and 4 TD's?

Total: 23

DanJustDan29
12 years ago

Me sedentary? I got over a decade on you and I bet I could beat your mile time by a full minute.

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

I play real sports, I'm not trying to be the best at exercising..." - Kenny Powers
Teamwork is what the Green Bay Packers were all about. They didn't do it for individual glory. They did it because they loved one another. -Vince Lombardi
12 years ago
I voted "yes" because I think he'll have to (unless for some insane reason our defense decides to lace up).

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago

I think one factor that I haven't seen mentioned was this game is going to be on turf, where Aaron Rodgers seems to excel. Any takers?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Good point I hadn't considered. Rodgers did throw for 344 yards last year in Atlanta, although he only managed one touchdown through the air (he did rush for 51 yards and another touchdown). I'm definitely looking forward to the game, and I am glad it's at night so I get a chance to get my homework done before kickoff.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

Good point I hadn't considered. Rodgers did throw for 344 yards last year in Atlanta, although he only managed one touchdown through the air (he did rush for 51 yards and another touchdown). I'm definitely looking forward to the game, and I am glad it's at night so I get a chance to get my homework done before kickoff.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

Incredible, you say "last year" so you can use the 2nd to last game the Packers played the Falcons to help your stance. You sir, are unreal.

1/15/2011
comp 31
att 36
completion 86.1%
yards 366
TD's 3
INT's 0

11/28/2010
comp 26
att 35
completion 74.3%
yards 344
TD's 1
INT's 0

UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
12 years ago

I used to be able to run one mile in about 5 minutes and 6 miles in under 40 minutes, but back then I was a lonely, emaciated pipsqueak with no self-confidence who lived in terrible knee and lower-back pain. Now I am lucky to break 6:30 for one mile and 14 minutes for two, but I can squat and deadlift over 400 lbs, I have a banging body, I am pain free, and women love me. Pound for pound, I am almost as strong as Mike Neal. I'll take being a strong, confident and healthy weightlifter over being a weak and timid runner with lots of endurance any day. Being able to run long distances just teaches you that if a threat came up, you could run away and hopefully escape. Being strong teaches you that if a threat came up, you could stand your ground, fight back, and protect not only yourself but those you love.

That being said, I voted "no." Aaron Rodgers has had an exceptional run the past few weeks, so probability says he is likely to regress toward his mean, which is 275 yards and 2 touchdowns a game for his career. Yes, those numbers are skewed downward a bit by his first three years as a backup, but they sound about right to me. It wouldn't surprise me if he has another rushing touchdown as well.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

When I boxed, I ran 6 miles in 45 minutes. So not all runners are pussies. I was pretty tough back then.

I bet 🇦🇷 can run a 6 minute mile. He's no wuss.

I see where you're coming from though. Most of the guys I ran with though were fellow athletes, not the wimpy stereotypical runner.

One of my buddies ran a marathon recently. He was a former OG in college and decided that being over 300 lbs and in his 30s would kill him, so he dropped 100 lbs and got into running. He's still one tough mofo.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
nerdmann
12 years ago

Incredible, you say "last year" so you can use the 2nd to last game the Packers played the Falcons to help your stance. You sir, are unreal.

1/15/2011
comp 31
att 36
completion 86.1%
yards 366
TD's 3
INT's 0

11/28/2010
comp 26
att 35
completion 74.3%
yards 344
TD's 1
INT's 0

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

We have a running game this year. Of course whether we'll use it is another question entirely.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
Good point. Packers can now run down the clock more effectively. That might limit Aaron's stats a bit. Unless it's a shootout, which I'm thinking it will be.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago

When I boxed, I ran 6 miles in 45 minutes.

I bet 🇦🇷 can run a 6 minute mile. He's no wuss.

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

Both the NFL quarterback and the boxer have something in common: their sports require them to weightlift for maximum performance.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
12 years ago
NSD - Agreed, but the majority of fights you'll get in will come down to endurance. You learn defense really fast in boxing. You better be able to endure.

Back on topic, I said under because we're going to be running a lot against the Falcons. Running will limit yards passing and take time off the clock. So yards will be under by a lot.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
azrunning
12 years ago
How often do you guys get into fights? If you're like me, um...never. Not everybody is like me though so maybe fights come up in every day life.

In the long term (like lifetime), more aerobic activity is beneficial for the heart. It makes it stronger. Weightlifting (not bashing here) is good exercise but the extra muscle mass works the heart more because it has extra mass to supply blood too while not normally providing it the aerobic activity to make it stronger.
blank
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (19h) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
39m / Packers Draft Threads / beast

59m / Packers Draft Threads / beast

5h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

14h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

15h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

20h / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.