dfosterf
12 years ago

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

You and me, bro--

We were on him first.

I did write him and say so, so I got that on you. I probably will never write another letter, with the possible exception of Shady McCoy in Philly (friend of my deceased son, and we had a talk pre-draft)

Zero2Cool
12 years ago

I didn't like letting Jenkins go, I don't like it now.

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

Cullen Jenkins  took less money to join the Eagles, therefore, it's more so disliking that Jenkins left, rather than the Packers letting him go. Your point is clear, the defensive pass rush would be improved if Jenkins resigned with the Packers and stayed healthy.

Jenkins health was the only reason I didn't want to see the Packers back the truck up and dump a load of money into his account, unless it was incentive driven on games played, not necessary started, just played.

Jenkins is doing good on the Dream Team, five sacks in seven games.

UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
12 years ago
We are seeing the combination of pass rush not getting there quick enough, mostly from the loss of Jenks and Neal not stepping up as planned. Combined with the loss of Collins. He was always the guy that could communicate with all the DBs pre-snap keeping everybody on page. He was our center fielder, and now we don't have one. Neither Peprah or Burnett are able to play that deep position, and Capers is doing new things we haven't seen before. Both Woodson and Williams were the deep coverage on more than a few occasions, and they are use to having somebody behind them so they can take chances, and bite on plays that Collins normally would not have.

Collins had the speed to cover the whole deep field, that nobody else except Shields has and I don't think we want to play him as a FS.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
PackerTraxx
12 years ago
We just don't have the "horses" this year on D. We have only one playmaker, Clay, the other team neutralizes him and there is no one else to worry about, consistentyly. Pephrah is playing next to a rookie, for all practical purposes. Woody, I believe, has slipped a little and on and on. I think Capers is doing fine with what he has and the players are playing hard. I don't see it getting any better until there are reinforcements. The O has had the high draft choices and should carry the load. We just have to do the best we can and hope it is enough.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
rabidgopher04
12 years ago
The Packers had an incredible pass rush on the last drive or two. They got in Rivers' face nearly every down. I was wondering why they didn't play the rest of the game that way. They frickin' dominated the Chargers at the very end of the game.
Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
mi_keys
12 years ago
Every week I hear every other post lament our loss of Jenkins. While I agree his presence would help our defense out, I don't think it explains our problems this year.

Last year, Jenkins missed 5 games. We went 3-2 in those games, losing to Detroit and New England while missing a concussed Rodgers. I think everyone here would agree we likely go 5-0 in those games without the Rodgers injury. Regardless, here are the defensive passing stats from those five games:

Yards: 961 (192.2/game)
Comp: 79 (15.8/game)
Att: 147 (29.4/game)
Comp Pct: 53.7%
TD: 6 (1.2/game)
Int: 11 (2.2/game)
QB Rat: 56.5
Sacks: 13 (2.6/game)

That's pretty damn dominant without Jenkins. So why are we struggling so much this year? Losing Collins is a huge blow and missing Tramon Williams and Sam Shields for portions of the season have also hurt. Still, I don't think all of that explains it fully. I guess the good news is that we have the potential to play much, much better pass defense with more ore less the unit we have now.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
mi_keys, looks like I won our game, we're mates again.

I read an article that spoke about how Dom Capers defense in '10 (Capers’ defense usually improves in second half ) improved quite a bit in the second half of the season. Could it happen again?
UserPostedImage
mi_keys
12 years ago

mi_keys, looks like I won our game, we're mates again.

I read an article that spoke about how Dom Capers defense in '10 (Capers’ defense usually improves in second half ) improved quite a bit in the second half of the season. Could it happen again?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Congrats, I've been riding my luck for two long in our fantasy league and you put me in my place.

I think we will get better in the second half. I felt we were getting better until the Vikings game and now it feels like we've taken several steps back. It's a good thing that while our defense figures their shit out we have a quarterback playing well enough to throw the whole defense wins championships thing out the window.
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
lol @ two long

12 Touchdowns allowed by the Packers' defense through seven games this season.

8 Touchdowns allowed by the Packers' defense through seven games last season.

17 Sacks, five fewer than at this point in 2010.

16 Turnovers forced, four more than at this point in '10.
UserPostedImage
mi_keys
12 years ago

lol @ two long

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Ugh, and I hate it when I see that mistake. Could be an unintentional pun about the number of losses I have now... yeah, that's what I'm going with.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (14h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (15h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (16h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (16h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (16h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (19h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (19h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (23h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (23h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.