Rios39
12 years ago

Yeah, I don't think we have much of a "home field advantage" anymore. If anything, the threat of horrible weather really concerns me with this team. At least when they are traveling to a dome, I'm pretty confident we can score many points. Playoffs in Lambeau just doesn't seem to suit this team very well, at least until we get back to playing top 5 defense.

Originally Posted by: doddpower 

Even in the Favre era pre 2000's with a high tempo passing game we put up serious numbers at home. We seem a little soft right now..Maybe it's the fact that our defense is bad though. Cold weather teams MUST have a good defense. I know the early 2000's we have seen some atrocious defenses.
blank
zombieslayer
12 years ago

Last six playoff games at Lambeau: 2-4.

WTF?

Originally Posted by: Wade 

I'm old enough to remember when it was a playoff game at Lambeau, it was an automatic W for the Packers. The Lambeau mystique is gone. This bums me out more than anything else about this season.

Still, looking back, a good learning experience for πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡Ή and πŸ‡²πŸ‡². D still matters, even with all the rules trying to make defenders play with their hands tied behind their backs.

I want to see us acquire someone who can get to the QB, preferably from the DL. Raji isn't that man. Cullen Jenkins was.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡Ή πŸ‡²πŸ‡² πŸ‡¦πŸ‡·
shield4life
12 years ago
At least we're the first team in NFC North to sweep division ... That's one thing to be happy about!
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
zombieslayer
12 years ago

At least we're the first team in NFC North to sweep division ... That's one thing to be happy about!

Originally Posted by: shield4life 

πŸ‡¦πŸ‡· broke P Manning's QB rating record. Which means most of the significant passing records are owned by Packers players. (We still need to get TDs in a season which is owned by Tom Brady and yards in a season which is owned by Drew Brees).

Which also means P Manning will retire with no significant records.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡Ή πŸ‡²πŸ‡² πŸ‡¦πŸ‡·
Dulak
12 years ago

. . . who ridiculed the few of us who were sounding the alarm all season long about this defense owe use a huge fucking apology.

I've been saying the entire season this team would not win a single playoff game. I've been called every name in the book, had my fanhood questioned, been told I was stupid for not believing that it wouldn't get fixed.

You ignored the irrefutable fact that history is replete with examples of dominant offenses that fell on their faces in the playoffs when they came up against solid defenses. A couple of exceptions here and there don't change that overwhelming trend.

Defense wins championships. Period.

I want to call you guys the same names you called me, but I'll settle for an apology from you. Or even just an admission you were wrong.

I literally want to puke.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

going to play the devils advocate ...
how about dem patriots

porky88
12 years ago

going to play the devils advocate ...
how about dem patriots

Originally Posted by: Dulak 

What about them? They beat a 9-8 Denver team that had no business being in the playoffs, let alone winning a playoff game. If the goal is to win a Super Bowl, then there needs to be some form of complimentary to a high-octane passing attack. The Packers had none. Even the 09 Saints had a complimentary running game. You need something, whether it's pass rush or a running game. For the Packers it was defense last year, specifically their secondary. The bottom line is the '11 Packers were a one trick pony and it finally caught up with them.
dyeah_gb
12 years ago

I'm old enough to remember when it was a playoff game at Lambeau, it was an automatic W for the Packers. The Lambeau mystique is gone. This bums me out more than anything else about this season.

Still, looking back, a good learning experience for πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡Ή and πŸ‡²πŸ‡². D still matters, even with all the rules trying to make defenders play with their hands tied behind their backs.

I want to see us acquire someone who can get to the QB, preferably from the DL. Raji isn't that man. Cullen Jenkins was.

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

The loss to Vick's Falcons was the end of the Packer's home dominance. It is disgusting to allow the Giants to beat us twice at home.

Along with the obvious adjustments that need to be made on O and Defense, I would like to hear Mike McCarthy at least pay lip service to recovering the Lambeau mystique. All of the players should be totally ashamed for letting down all the fans at the stadium last night.

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
zombieslayer
12 years ago

The loss to Vick's Falcons was the end of the Packer's home dominance. It is disgusting to allow the Giants to beat us twice at home.

Along with the obvious adjustments that need to be made on O and Defense, I would like to hear Mike McCarthy at least pay lip service to recovering the Lambeau mystique. All of the players should be totally ashamed for letting down all the fans at the stadium last night.

Originally Posted by: dyeah_gb 

Agreed. Big time.

Lombardi era home Playoffs:
1961 - We beat the Giants 37-0 for the Championship. Starr had 3 TD passes in only 19 attempts.
1965 - We beat the Colts 13-10 in OT, then go on to win the Championship 23-12 over the Browns
1967 - We beat the Rams 28-7 then beat the Cows in the Ice Bowl. If anyone doesn't know the final score by heart, they should be ashamed of themselves. I'm not going to say it

(For the record, we didn't lose any Playoff games at home before Lombardi either)

Then in 1982, we finally host a Playoff game for the first time since 1967. We beat the Cardinals 41-16. I remember this game like it was yesterday. This was such a fun year. Lynn Dickey threw 4 TD passes, including 2 to John Jefferson, one to James Lofton (who was at the time my favorite player ever), and one to Eddie Lee Ivory.

Then we don't even see the Playoffs again until Brett Lorenzo Favre becomes a Packer. Immediately, the team turns around. We make the Playoffs in 1993 then host the first Playoff game in 12 seasons in '94, beating the Lions 16-12. The next year, we win the division and beat the Falcons 37-20.

The very next year, we beat the Niners 35-14. Weirdly, our D was so dominant that Favre only has to throw 15 times (1 TD, no INTs). Then we beat the Panthers 30-13, then go on to win the SB.

97 - we don't have home field advantage as the Niners do. We only host one Playoff game and we beat the Bucs 21-7.

2001 - We're a wild card team and host the Niners. We beat them 25-15.

It was 2002 when we lost our first Playoff game at home. I got so mad after the game because it was like a curse after that. Home was no longer a good place in the Playoffs.

Weirdly, it's like the curse hasn't been lifted. We won the SB last year without playing a single playoff game at home.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
Dulak
12 years ago

We won the SB last year without playing a single playoff game at home.

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

Not directed at zombie; but for everyone saying we are not a good team and things caught up with us ... IMO perhaps the cold caught up with us. Harder to catch a ball and to hold onto it and thats exactly what the packers didnt do. If they would of done those things in this game probably look at a very different outcome.

I kind of wish we had our playoff games away now; remember someone making a thread about this. Dome or warm weather = ball that is more catchable; heck probably easier to throw also.

shield4life
12 years ago
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If that's the case in which I agree that it could be harder to catch / throw ... Then I would have to say giving Aaron Rodgers 2 bye weeks and having some WR's not take some snaps late in the last game is an error. Rodgers should of at least played 1 half to feel the flow, I guess resting them was a mistake.

From now, let's always get the last seed please rather go in domes, I feel more safe & confident.
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (14h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (15h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (16h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (16h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (17h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (20h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (20h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (23h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (23h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: β€œGot in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright Β© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comβ„’. All Rights Reserved.