Porforis
12 years ago

This is against the Facebook Terms of Service and, if discovered, would result in deletion of all accounts created by that person

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

I'm sure that'll be one heck of a deterrent.
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
12 years ago

Oh my fucking God! If you don't fucking want people to see the shit, DON'T FUCKING PUT IT ON THE INTERNET! And holy fuck, there is a privacy setting you can control the shit too!

Why the fuck can't people do shit for themselves? Everyone needs others to wipe their ass for them?

What's next? Gonna bitch about the brakes in cars not automatically compressing when approaching a Yellow light or Stop sign?

BE FUCKING ACCOUNTABLE FOR YOUR OWN SHIT!

Mark Zuckerberg for President and Larry Page for Vice President!!!
The ticket Zuckerberg/Page!!! VOTE THIS NOVEMBER!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

How many of Facebook's privacy "protections" came only after significant numbers of users took the trouble to give them shit? How many times has Facebook (or Google for that matter) changed the terms of service and required their users to say "don't do that!" again and again?

The Facebook/Google model is basically "we're taking your information unless and until you take affirmative steps to say no. It is not "Can I have this use information?" before taking it. "Ask first" and "ability to opt out" are not the same thing.

The facebook/google approach is to say "we're going to pay attention to how you wipe your ass" until you tell us we shouldn't.

The facebook/google approach is to say "we're going to control your brakes unless you sign an agreement written by lawyers telling us not to.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

How many of Facebook's privacy "protections" came only after significant numbers of users took the trouble to give them shit? How many times has Facebook (or Google for that matter) changed the terms of service and required their users to say "don't do that!" again and again?

The Facebook/Google model is basically "we're taking your information unless and until you take affirmative steps to say no. It is not "Can I have this use information?" before taking it. "Ask first" and "ability to opt out" are not the same thing.

The facebook/google approach is to say "we're going to pay attention to how you wipe your ass" until you tell us we shouldn't.

The facebook/google approach is to say "we're going to control your brakes unless you sign an agreement written by lawyers telling us not to.

Originally Posted by: Wade 

So, you're with me on Zuckerberg for US President, right?
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
12 years ago

If someone is representing my company, I don't want an addict, a racist, a child abuser or a freako conspiracy theorist meeting my customers and making people think I agree with that.

If I have a company, I should have a right to have my company represented in a manner consistent with my values. I should have a choice on what kind of people represent me.

It may be their jobs but the company is my life. I should have a right to protect my life.

If their lives and personal activities NEVER intruded on the hours that they are paid for, I wouldn't care what they do. But it always does. Nobody spend 100% of the time they are paid to be at work, doing work. The do personal stuff all the time and they have personal conversation. If they are bringing personal stuff to work, I should have a right to determine if that personal stuff they bring to work is going to harm my business.

Originally Posted by: Dexter_Sinister 

You're right. It's your company. And you should be able to ask a prospective employee anything you want. Agree with that 100%.

If you want to run a security check, bank account check, spending patterns check, have sixteen drug tests, find out what I write on my blog and inside my facebook profile, ask for copies of all the rough drafts of my anarchist babblings, ask what I think of President Moron or Senator Idiot, know what church I go to, feel free.

Personally, I'd rather people who feel as you do ask your questions before I was hired, rather than finding it out after I went to work for you. Then I'm much more likely to get the kind of work situation I want, rather than get there and find out my habits/crazinesses are going to be unacceptable. I'm bothered a lot less by someone who says up front "it matters to me that you're this impolitic anarchist econ whacko, and I don't want you working for me," than someone who says "your personal philosophical and political views don't matter here" and then, after I'm working there, I find they don't just matter, they control."

I hate all this pussyfooting lawyers and HR people and do-gooders have us do in the name of "fair employment practices." Except for certain cases of racial/gender/etc discrimination, employers and employees should be free to associate with each other (or to refuse to associate with each other) however they damn well please and on whatever terms they damn well want to insist upon.

I'm not going to sue you or any prospective employer for asking improper questions. Unless I'm a child or somehow mentally impaired, I don't think there are any improper questions. You're right: it's your business, and you should have the ability to run it any way you please. I've been a small businessman, and I expect I will be again.

Just don't be surprised when I gently refuse to. OR when I loudly tell you to fuck your job and thenspread the word about what kinds of requests you make. Your company's reputation is a function of what your employees do and say. And your reputation is a function of what you do and say.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Cheesey
12 years ago
Zero makes a great point.
If you don't want your info out there, don't put it on the web.
Everything you put on there can be possibly hacked, or used against you.
So if you want to remain private, don't put it out there.

That's one of the biggest problems with the web in my view. WAY too much info is put out there, giving "bad guys" way too easy of access.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago

Everything you put on there can be possibly hacked, or used against you.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Just because it can be accessed illicitly does not mean that people should have the right to demand access to it.

UserPostedImage
Formo
12 years ago

Just because it can be accessed illicitly does not mean that people should have the right to demand access to it.

Certainly Alan didn't mean that people should get the right to access said information.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
TheKanataThrilla
12 years ago

Directly on the subject though, if this were to become common practice I wonder if people would preemptively set up dummy accounts to paint a flattering picture of themselves for future exploitation. Might be worth the time investment to make yourself look like Mister/Misses responsible.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

How many friends would that profile have?

[grin1]

Dexter_Sinister
12 years ago

This is against the Facebook Terms of Service and, if discovered, would result in deletion of all accounts created by that person.

And Dexter, how far do you think it is ethical to take such a train of thought? Should you have the right to demand email passwords? Bank account information? Wedding certificates? Access to the snail mail box? Cameras in your employees' homes? Taps on their phones? Where do you draw the line?

If you are worried about their bringing Facebook to work, block access at your place of business. It's easy enough to do. As far as I am concerned, blocking access to a website is the functional equivalent of banning cell phones at work. Demanding Facebook passwords, on the other hand, is the equivalent of demanding the right to monitor an employee's voicemails or view their text messages or contact list. Not acceptable.

I would be worried about them having personal preferences expressed in the execution of their duties and expressing an attitude that is contrary to the way I would want my business portrayed.

It is extremely unrealistic that I would expect people to keep their personal life out of my business. So is it unrealistic for me to want to know what they are bringing in to work? If you never conduct personal business, express personal opinions or engage in social activities when you are at work, then you have a right to keep it a secret. If you do bring it, I have a right to know how you're are going to represent my business.

If people don't bring their personal lives to work, they wouldn't need to know about it. But I do work at Airports, Prisons, Schools and County Courthouses. I can't have a guy with close associations to High Times, a history of inappropriate relationships with minors or who wants to overthrow the Federal Government. I could lose my contracts.

I can't afford not to care what people are into.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Dexter_Sinister
12 years ago

How many friends would that profile have?

[grin1]

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

All of your friends dummy accounts.:-k
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Fan Shout
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

19-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

19-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.