play2win
12 years ago
Zero2Cool,

I should add I hope there are no hard feelings. I just wanted to find a forum that didn't involve the nonsense BS beat downs that are found in many others. I like exchanging ideas about what the future holds for our Packers. This is all pure fan speculation. I guess that's where I got a little bent. I respect Ted, and I'm clearly just a fan, like you.

There are no guarantees with any selection. Just hoping we load up - especially on pass rush, to make a more legit run at the Lombardi Trophy in 2012-2013.
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

Zero2Cool,

I should add I hope there are no hard feelings. I just wanted to find a forum that didn't involve the nonsense BS beat downs that are found in many others. I like exchanging ideas about what the future holds for our Packers. This is all pure fan speculation. I guess that's where I got a little bent. I respect Ted, and I'm clearly just a fan, like you.

There are no guarantees with any selection. Just hoping we load up - especially on pass rush, to make a more legit run at the Lombardi Trophy in 2012-2013.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

Hey no worries man, none at all. I didn't know you were bent or anything. You'll find nearly all here enjoy different opinions, but we're all pretty smart (save DakotaT and nerdmann) and can add a lot of different dynamics to any discussion.

Even though I think your trade next years round one pick is insane, it doesn't mean I don't appreciate you throwing it down as a suggestion. Hell, how would you like my suggestion of paying my car payment? 😉
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago
With all due respect, play2cool, this is why it is a good idea to lurk for a while in a forum before starting to post. In particular, it is a good idea to read existing threads and posts -- and contribute to a few -- before starting your own threads. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying your well-thought-out contributions are not appreciated -- they most certainly are! -- but I think if you had spent an hour or so reading, you would have seen a few things that would have been helpful to you:

1) Although a great group of guys, this is a very abrasive and sarcastic board. It just is. You have to expect it and deal with it, or you won't like it here at all. We are always here for each other when the shit hits the fan, but we are not a nice group of people by any stretch of the imagination.

2) In addition to being sarcastic, we also don't take ourselves very seriously here, so it is quite possible you will receive ironic, facetious responses even if people agree with you.

3) A casual review of existing threads would show that a lot of potential trades have already been hashed, rehashed, and in many cases, thoroughly repudiated here. In particular, members here tend to be pretty hostile to the notion of trading future draft picks for players.

Your proposals have been among the most well-reasoned and well-written we've seen here, but they were bound to provoke a rather strong reaction on this board. Spending a while lurking and soaking up the vibe of this place would have prepared you for that, so you wouldn't have felt the need to be so defensive when the reaction came. Every online community has its own unique culture, its own "in crowd" and its own renegades. Lurking can also help you absorb the culture and figure out where you fit in, helping you to avoid unnecessarily stepping on toes or committing some unintended infraction. I'm not saying you did any such thing, just that a bit of reading would have made you more familiar with who we are as a group.

These are just a few hints to help you integrate here. You're going to have to develop a slightly thicker skin if you want to get along here. Otherwise you probably won't like many of us, and you'll hate our resident peanut gallery of assholes, including dakotaT, nerdmann, and myself.

Welcome to the boards. I look forward to seeing more of your contributions in the future. But feel free to participate in current threads in addition to creating your own.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago
Oh, and another hint: The owner of this board, Zero2Cool, frequently and shamelessly trolls threads -- and he is downright intolerable in the gameday chat room. I actually sometimes put him on ignore in his own chat room, he gets so obnoxious.

It's just part of who we are.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
12 years ago

Zero2Cool,

Originally Posted by: play2win 

Please don't be one of those guys that kisses Zero's lilly white ass. It's a revolting process to have to watch.

I'm not a big fan of trading up in the first and second round unless your team is loaded. Our team is loaded on offense, but not so much on defense. We need all of our picks because if you only hit on half of them, then the six players making the team are your future. It's the old Jimmy Johnson approach and it has served us well over the last five years. The last thing I ever want is for GB to be run like the Sherminator operated, like we were only one player away from the super bowl every year. In actuality we had gaping holes everywhere and had arena league players filling out our roster.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
12 years ago

Please don't be one of those guys that kisses Zero's lilly white ass. It's a revolting process to have to watch.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Exactly.. he is fair game just like the rest of us.

Give props for what he provides.. but don't avoid the water just to avoid creating a ripple that might splash him in the ass.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
Trying out the multi quote for the first time!!

With all due respect, play2cool, this is why it is a good idea to lurk for a while in a forum before starting to post. In particular, it is a good idea to read existing threads and posts -- and contribute to a few -- before starting your own threads. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying your well-thought-out contributions are not appreciated -- they most certainly are! -- but I think if you had spent an hour or so reading, you would have seen a few things that would have been helpful to you:

1) Although a great group of guys, this is a very abrasive and sarcastic board. It just is. You have to expect it and deal with it, or you won't like it here at all. We are always here for each other when the shit hits the fan, but we are not a nice group of people by any stretch of the imagination.

2) In addition to being sarcastic, we also don't take ourselves very seriously here, so it is quite possible you will receive ironic, facetious responses even if people agree with you.

3) A casual review of existing threads would show that a lot of potential trades have already been hashed, rehashed, and in many cases, thoroughly repudiated here. In particular, members here tend to be pretty hostile to the notion of trading future draft picks for players.

Your proposals have been among the most well-reasoned and well-written we've seen here, but they were bound to provoke a rather strong reaction on this board. Spending a while lurking and soaking up the vibe of this place would have prepared you for that, so you wouldn't have felt the need to be so defensive when the reaction came. Every online community has its own unique culture, its own "in crowd" and its own renegades. Lurking can also help you absorb the culture and figure out where you fit in, helping you to avoid unnecessarily stepping on toes or committing some unintended infraction. I'm not saying you did any such thing, just that a bit of reading would have made you more familiar with who we are as a group.

These are just a few hints to help you integrate here. You're going to have to develop a slightly thicker skin if you want to get along here. Otherwise you probably won't like many of us, and you'll hate our resident peanut gallery of assholes, including DakotaT, nerdmann, and myself.

Welcome to the boards. I look forward to seeing more of your contributions in the future. But feel free to participate in current threads in addition to creating your own.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

The owner of this place is kind of a pack rat when it comes to posts, so trying to read through any large portion is going to be time consuming and is not thoroughly recommended.

Sure, trades are often shot down here, but that doesn't mean a trade should not be mentioned because it's unlikely to be completed or even considered. You never know what a comment may inspire that was not said previously. Everyone has the potential to have a different reason for a trade to happen, or not happen.

[list=1]
  • Rourke likes to say things degrading the board just to get under my skin, hah.

• I disagree with the notion the group here is far from nice. e.g. Alan's surgery, Troy's little girl, family members lost ... etc ... nice people do not do those things.

I think PackersHome is more like a "family"... where it's okay for ME to knock my brother, but if someone else tries, they will get a beat down like they never knew could happen.
  • Very true, I don't think anyone takes themselves too seriously here.
  • Going over old threads is always fun an interesting. It wouldn't hurt do that, but I don't believe it is required.[/list]

• Oh, and another hint: The owner of this board, Zero2Cool, frequently and shamelessly trolls threads -- and he is downright intolerable in the gameday chat room. I actually sometimes put him on ignore in his own chat room, he gets so obnoxious.

It's just part of who we are.

Bah, I don't own shit foo! And you lie, you don't ignore me in the chat. Rourke is correct however, I was very obnoxious by design last season. 😉

Edit, ugh, Chrome, gonna hit Post a 2nd time now ...
    UserPostedImage
    Zero2Cool
    12 years ago

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

I agree with this, do not kiss anyone's ass. There's a reason you don't see "Site Admin" or "Site Owner" anywhere on the actual owners profile. They want to be one of the "members" and they hope the members are treated with respect as if any of them COULD be the owner.

UserPostedImage
    Zero2Cool
    12 years ago
    Split the posts, thinking this might carry on a bit longer... maybe.
    UserPostedImage
    wpr
    • wpr
    • Preferred Member
    12 years ago

Split the posts, thinking this might carry on a bit longer... maybe.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

it sure is. I was in the process of stabbing Nonstop and got an "access denied" type of message. I thought he had some how knew what I was up to and blocked my attempt. You all know NSD is an evil genius.

Anyway- back to my poorly done bash of NSD.

These are just a few hints to help you integrate here. You're going to have to develop a slightly thicker skin if you want to get along here. Otherwise you probably won't like many of us, and you'll hate our resident peanut gallery of assholes, including dakotaT, nerdmann, and myself.

UserPostedImage

Edit- I like this one too. love ya big boy.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
    Fan Shout
    Zero2Cool (31m) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
    Zero2Cool (31m) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
    Zero2Cool (31m) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
    Mucky Tundra (46m) : 4th
    Zero2Cool (1h) : because he's 1st
    Mucky Tundra (2h) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
    Martha Careful (3h) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
    beast (7h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
    beast (7h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
    Mucky Tundra (23h) : Bust it is then
    Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
    Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
    Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
    Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
    beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
    beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
    Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
    Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
    Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
    Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
    buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
    buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
    Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
    Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
    Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
    TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
    Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
    Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
    Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
    dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
    dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
    Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
    Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
    earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
    beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
    dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
    dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
    Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
    Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
    dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
    dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
    packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
    Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
    Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
    Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    49m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.