zombieslayer
12 years ago

I too would be disappointed if we took a safety first. We have three critical needs 1)pass rush 2)pass rush and 3)pass rush. I'm sure Ted Thompson realizes this, along with everyone else on God's green earth. I'm hoping we can get a DL with the first because I think we have a better chance of getting a good LB in the second than the same level DL.

Brockers and Upshaw have been lower on some of the mocks I've seen also. Some have each coming to the Pack. Brockers is really intrigueing with his great size. But he may not be one to help us in the immediate as most say he is very raw. Upshaw's speed at the combine was weak, but instincts can make up for a lot of speed and might he get faster and quicker with a little weight loss. I believe it would be important to really do your homework, a good workout and watching film, to be confident he will do well at this level. Just my thoughts.

Originally Posted by: PackerTraxx 

I'd say 1) pass rush, 2) pass rush, 3) OL. Otherwise, completely agreed with your first paragraph.

Now, not only do we need to beef up the pass rush, we need to blitz if a 4 man rush isn't working, and every time we rush 3, our DC should be kicked in the ding ding. Unless of course we're winning by 21+ points.

(And I know CM3 rocks in coverage, but stop sending him back in coverage so much).
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
play2win
12 years ago

Probably the same person who was pissed off that the Packers (coming off a 10 win season and Division Title) used their first round pick on a Quarterback too.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Absolutely not. I really liked the Rodgers pick. We knew we had to reload there.

I do agree S is a gigantic priority for us. The problem I see in this draft, especially R1, is that Barron may be the only player that rates that high. Picking a guy who has been projected R2-3 for months with the #28 seems a reach, and a wasted opportunity to land a pass rusher that better qualifies at #28.

Ted did get us MD Jennings, and they were also pretty high on Anthony Levine before he went down last year with the concussion. Both undrafted FAs, but good players. At Arkansas State Jennings was a four-year letterman and three-year starter who finished his career with 241 tackles, including 7½ for loss, eight interceptions and 15 passes defensed from the safety position.

I think there are decent Ss to choose from R2-4 or 5 that will help to bolster the position just fine. Collins was the best S in the NFL in my opinion, and that was a severe blow. Equally as bad, to me, was the loss of Jenkins and that inside rush that made everyone around him better.

Does it concern no one else that Harrison Smith had ZERO INTs last year? That doesn't sound like a R1 SS to me.

This from Jonathan Bales: "I have seen Smith as high as the late first round in some mock drafts, and I think that is crazy. Smith will probably go somewhere in the early to middle portion of the second round, and even that could be too high. For what might turn out to be an undersize linebacker, I would not spend more than a third-round selection."
http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/04/20/scouting-the-draft-notre-dames-harrison-smith/ 

Not that I don't want a good S. I just don't know that there is one worth the R1-R2 outside of Barron. If Barron drops, maybe, but it will be a very long wait to #59 to start adding some pass rush, something I think we may need more at this point.

The right pass rush could make Charlie Peprah look All-Pro. And I like Charlie Peprah! Look at his bio prior to being drafted out of Alabama:
"Played in a total of 50 games at various positions in the secondary at Alabama, starting 45 and finishing his career with 210 tackles (163 solo), nine INTs (returning two for TDs), five fumble recoveries, four forced fumbles and 24 passes defensed." Mark Barron, the guy everyone is falling all over, had just 1 more INT than did Peprah in his career at Alabama, and just two more than MD Jennings. Barron had a total of 2 INTs last season.

Pass rush!
PackerTraxx
12 years ago
zombie I meant the 3 pass rushes like the 3 most important things in real estate - location, location, location. We need one pass rusher and if we get it I'll be happy. If we get two I'll be ecstatic. Beyond that I'm happy with whatever Ted Thompson does. So, basically, we're in agreement.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
dhazer
12 years ago
I've seen many reports that say teams drafting from 6-18 are looking to trade down, so I am not counting out Ted Thompson making a huge jump up to get someone.

OK folks Ted Thompson moving up is a joke lol, trade our first to cleveland for their 1st next year 🙂
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
12 years ago

zombie I meant the 3 pass rushes like the 3 most important things in real estate - location, location, location. We need one pass rusher and if we get it I'll be happy. If we get two I'll be ecstatic. Beyond that I'm happy with whatever Ted Thompson does. So, basically, we're in agreement.

Originally Posted by: PackerTraxx 

Heh. No, I knew what you meant. I was just being anal retentive.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
gbguy20
12 years ago
didn't know where to put this but

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/26/browns-may-try-for-a-third-first-round-pick-to-draft-brandon-weeden/ 

browns considering trading into the 25-32 range so if we feel like trading down we might have a suitor
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

didn't know where to put this but

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/26/browns-may-try-for-a-third-first-round-pick-to-draft-brandon-weeden/ 

browns considering trading into the 25-32 range so if we feel like trading down we might have a suitor

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

Brandon Weeden will be there at 37th overall.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (11h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (15h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (16h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (18h) : Flag?
Martha Careful (18h) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (19h) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
10m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

13m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.