4PackGirl
12 years ago

If I were your brother I would have whooped your ass for embarassing me. I'm just sayin'. =D

Originally Posted by: Formo 

it was in grade school & he was a wimp.

now? he's 6'4", 280lbs or so.

he can take care of himself.

Since69
12 years ago
I hated high school. We were poor. Poor, poor. But my mother, somehow, came up with the tuition to send me to a Catholic high school because I'd get a better education there. Which I wasted. I was smart enough, but I didn't care - I didn't see the point. My classes were boring, and I had no idea what I wanted to do in college (or how we were going to pay for it).

I was an outcast pretty much the entire four years. I was already an atheist, for one thing. I was chubby and unathletic. I wasn't outgoing at all. I didn't have enough money to dress like the "rich" kids did (this was back in the early 80's, when "preppie" was in - poor kids have an easier time blending in these days...). My high school class was made up of ivy-league snobs, spoiled preppie princesses and jocks. And if you weren't "in", you were out.

I made two kinda-sorta friends in four years, and I've seen one of them once since graduation. They still live in town, and they didn't even go to the 10 year reunion. I went, but only because my wife wanted to go. I had no desire to see any of them again and I still don't.
UserPostedImage
4PackGirl
12 years ago
that brings up another good question...

have any of you attended your class reunions?

me: NO WAY IN HELL!!!

the people i wanna see/talk to/correspond with, i do...the rest can kiss my ass.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago

the people i wanna see/talk to/correspond with, i do...the rest can kiss my ass.

Originally Posted by: 4PackGirl 

just one. see my earlier post for details.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
12 years ago

I'd only go if I could show up with a supermodel wife arriving on a solid gold hoverboard wearing a monocle, blowing cuban cigar smoke in people's faces. If I can't be that obnoxious it's not worth it.
DakotaT
12 years ago
Didn't really like high school. I had a lot of fun, but I wasn't challenged or stimiluted in any way. I had to quit sports to have a job to have the things the rich kids got for free. See I have always hated rich people. Was pretty much an alcoholic by the time I graduated because that is our culture.

Showed up at my 10 year reunion with the very fine future Mrs. Dakota and the jocks who got all the undeserved pussy in high school were eating their hearts out. That was very satisfying to me.

My regrets from high school was not tagging all the girls that wondered why I never asked them out. The song Glory Days by Springsteen doesnt' mean dick to me. My glory days were my 20's; high school was a joke.
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
12 years ago

I went to my 25th. And I enjoyed myself.

Though, come to think of it, I mostly talked with people I also went to grade school with.

The odd thing is that since then, I have semi-regularly regretted not keeping in touch with those few people I talked with at the reunion. I've never been good at keeping in touch, nor have the people who I've hung out with been good at keeping in touch. Unlike most people, I don't have any of those "lifelong" constant friends. I've had a few friends at each stage of school/work, but each time I move on, that group fades away. Lots of people over the years that I'd "recognize" if I happened to run into them, and they me, but keeping in touch? A couple from college (I've been to three of those reunions, since I teach at the school, I can't avoid some of them), couple more from grad school...that's about it. But there are a few at each stage who I yearn to have kept in touch with.

When I get psychoanalytic and whiny about it (as opposed to taking personal responsibility for being a fuck up), I blame high school for this, too. With the exception of my high school girlfriend, I was pretty much past ready to get out of high school and on to college. And even that ended badly -- I haven't seen or talked to her since my freshman year in college. Literally, I don't even know if she's still alive.

I know no social institution, save perhaps political parties, that more demands conformity of its participants more than high school. That's why cliques are so damn prevalent -- cliques are all about conformity to some pseudo-shared vision of "how everyone ought to be if they are going to be worth anything". Even the parts of high school thought of as being most nonconformist typically expect their own version of conformity: artists wear black and must be misunderstood; geeks suck up to teachers and need to take advanced college placement classes; etc.

I wonder if anyone has ever done a study correlating "success in conforming in high school" with "going into party politics"?

This country will completely implode before we recognize the evils that compulsory public education has wrought (declining literacy, unrecognized conformity and incivility to the different), but if I could wreak one major change to prevent the implosion, I'd reduce the mandatory schooling age from 16 to 14 (or perhaps 12). This would put the responsibility for adolescents back where it belongs -- on parents and older siblings -- and would put the responsibility for "training" back on masters of skills and trades.

Won't happen, of course. Despite ourselves, we've all been too molded by those damned high schools.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
zombieslayer
12 years ago
Good stuff here.

I don't have that much to contribute. Liked my experiences but liked Junior High more, and liked college more than HS but not as much as JH.

As for reunions, didn't go. I went to two high schools and still have close friends from both, and keep in touch with the people I want to be in touch with.

I got horrible grades in HS but I didn't care back then and don't care now. I don't think grades translate to success after schooling. They also don't contribute to whether or not you're happy.

These kids nowadays, all they do is study and play videogames and they're miserable. Glad I was born when I was.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Cheesey
12 years ago
"Glory Days".......i'm still waiting for mine! lol
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
12 years ago

That really sucks to hear cheesey, had plenty of friends who were getting bullied in my Junior and Senior year, and once I found out who was doing the bullying I made sure to get my "lucky gloves" on, I made sure to hang out with the kids that seemed like the type that didn't have a lot of friends or that seemed to be less popular than others, because no one deserves to be left out unless there is a very good reason.

Highschool is a big memory and it sucks to hear about it being spent like that, but in the longshot he probably made you stronger. I bet he's the type of man (I use that term loosely) that abuses whatever girl clings to him for attention, and has been living his life as nothing but a joke: Lies, stories, and made up situations that make him look more mature and manly. Only if we were about the same age, I would have gladly put him in the dirt for ya, Cheese.

Originally Posted by: alharrisdude31 

Wow....just read your post. I wish you would have been there for me! I would have loved to have a "protector".
It is true that i learned how to handle being bullied. But that didn't make it any easier.
I often wonder where the guy is today. Is he still a creep, or did he straighten out? Tom Safford was his name. Milwaukee Pulaski High class of 1975. So long ago, yet still makes me mad! LOL! I know....gotta get over it some day....right? LOL!
The one good memory i had of hgih school was getting laughs. I was the "class clown" even back then.

When i finally went to college in 1989 i was treated VERY well. By the guys AND the ladies! It was alot more fullfilling then high school. And i finally applied myself and had over a 3.0 average.
(Plus i was STILL the "class clown!!!)[grin1]
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (7h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (9h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (9h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (10h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (13h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (13h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (16h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (16h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
30m / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.