rabidgopher04
11 years ago

I have $9,500 left.

If I sell it outright, according to Kelley Blue Book.
Excellent $11,606
Very Good $11,156
Good $10,756
Fair $9,406

I tried refinancing it through my bank and was denied. Kind of a kick to the gut when you've had two credit cards up to date and been making payments on student loans for two years and a car payment for more than a year with nothing in the last at least two years ever being late ... and still can't refinance a car that has a $2k value more than the loan? I really hate this credit thing ... talk about frustrating.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Unless you have more cash in the bank to buy yourself a car outright, you'd only have between $0-$2000 in your pocket if you sell that car (since you owe $9500 on it still). Why not just put the extra cash (if you have it) into paying down the loan?

Did you do a 6 year term on that loan?

Do you pay off your credit cards or do you just make payments? Your credit score will improve when your debt to credit ratio decreases. Don't carry a balance on the credit card and your credit score will improve.
Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
I can afford the car payments, that's not the problem. The issue I have is I'm cheap and hate wasting money. When I have a car that's valued at $11,000 and I owe just over $9,000 I'm okay with that. But I'm going to end up paying $16,000 and that just pisses me off.

I have two credit cards, one I use for gas the other I use for grocery shopping and entertainment (movies, etc). I pay each off every paycheck. When my credit card statements are due, they have a zero balance, but I'm about $29k in debt with my student loans that I pay every month.

UserPostedImage
DakotaT
11 years ago

I can afford the car payments, that's not the problem. The issue I have is I'm cheap and hate wasting money. When I have a car that's valued at $11,000 and I owe just over $9,000 I'm okay with that. But I'm going to end up paying $16,000 and that just pisses me off.

I have two credit cards, one I use for gas the other I use for grocery shopping and entertainment (movies, etc). I pay each off every paycheck. When my credit card statements are due, they have a zero balance, but I'm about $29k in debt with my student loans that I pay every month.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

You're not in bad shape, you just got taken on a bad loan. What I would do in your situation is put whatever extra I could on that monthly car payment and pay it off ahead of schedule. The problem with ammortization schedules is that the interest always gets paid more in the early years of the loan.

You could always prostitute yourself for some extra scratch. 😂
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
I might start selling myself! lol ... I am trying to figure out a way to profit from my "technology" skills.

You're not in bad shape, you just got taken on a bad loan. What I would do in your situation is put whatever extra I could on that monthly car payment and pay it off ahead of schedule. The problem with ammortization schedules is that the interest always gets paid more in the early years of the loan.

You could always prostitute yourself for some extra scratch. 😂

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

I don't think I was "taken" at all. I knew I was getting hosed, but did it because I like the car. I needed a good reliable vehicle for my daughters while traveling to/from Wisconsin/Colorado and I was trying to improve my credit. There's a price to pay when you've got bad credit in order to improve it. I accepted that and figured since I got all of the erroneous things (2 mortgages and 2 car loans and other items that all were default or foreclosed) off my credit report that had nothing to do with me.

The only debt I've had on my credit report in the last 7 years that I have failed ... 35k in student loans went to default late 2008. I started making payments (and haven't missed since) around middle to late 2009.

UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
11 years ago
Hey, I'd pay you to use those skills of yours to fix my website/blog this summer, but ...

...unfortunately, I'm using all of next year's extra cash to buy the puppy and get him home.

(I may know a good deal about economics, but I'm lousy at putting it into effect in my personal finances.)

Signed,
Geezer who would still be living with his mother if his mother was doing the demential and super-geezer thing.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
Alright, now it makes sense after I got my credit report.

11 claims for Sallie Mae - original total $33,000
[list]
  • 8 with status Claim filed with Government and a remaining balance of $0.
  • 3 with status Charge Off and a remaining balance of $21,000.[/list]

• 8 claims for USA Funds - original total $27,000.
    [list]
  • 8 with status Collection and a remaining balance of $0.[/list]

• Good items (revolving) first reported on ...
    [list]
  • April 2011 - Credit Card #1
  • March 2011 - Auto Loan
  • December 2011 - Credit Card #2
  • June 2010 - US Dept Direct Loans - original amount $31,000[/list]

• I thought I got both credit cards within a few months from one another.

I have an offer for the Sallie Mae debt of $21,000 to be settled for $7,100.

Edit, oops, forgot the "good" news! The Charge Off claims will disappear Feb 2015 and the Claim w/Gov fall off April 2015! ... 😣
    UserPostedImage
    gbguy20
    11 years ago

People really need to start getting back to the old ways of doing business. Buy only what you can pay for. The hell with credit cards and loans. And if you do use your credit card, pay it off every month.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

this is how i do things. Well, maybe not exactly. I only buy things I can afford to pay off at the time, but I take out loans for the sole purpose of building credit. I usually pay the loan off in half the time I am supposed to though because I absolutely hate paying interest.
    Wade
    • Wade
    • Veteran Member
    11 years ago
    I was doing well, much more disciplined. Even cancelled the April Vegas trip.

The Thuji purchase has screwed that up.

Thuji: $800.
    My airfare: $400.
    Dog's airfare ("in cabin" charge): $125.
    "Airline approved" miniature bag for under seat for dog: $60.
    Incidental charges from breeder: $75.
    Passenger side mirror (don't want to drive roundtrip to Chicago without all mirror: $70 plus labor TBD.
    Dog food -- TBD.
    Vet stuff -- who knows?!?
    Doggie pads, cushion, puppy toys, treats, harness, leash, poop bags, more toys, puppy blanket -- not added up.
    Obedience training.
    Neutering.
    Shots.
    Dogsitting/doggie day care.
    More food.
    More toys.
    Stuff to clean pee spots from carpet.
    More treats.

Argh! Why did I buy a puppy again?

Oh, right. Cute + companionship: Priceless.

Whew.
    And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
    Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
    vegOmatic
    11 years ago
    We've had these threads before Zero, you're just no good with money. They need to make credit cards that give you a painful shock every time you touch it.
    blank
    Zero2Cool
    11 years ago

We've had these threads before Zero, you're just no good with money. They need to make credit cards that give you a painful shock every time you touch it.

Originally Posted by: vegOmatic 

I think you have me confused with someone else. I've never had problems with managing my money, other than the timing of when my student loans were due. I've never owned a credit card until about a year ago when I got two in order to help improve my credit. And I pay them off before the balance is due, bi-weekly on payday. If credit rating didn't matter, I'd have never bought a car with a loan or would I own the two credit cards I do. I buy what I can afford and never over spend. I have a family to support and they come first.

UserPostedImage
    Fan Shout
    Mucky Tundra (10h) : Bust it is then
    Zero2Cool (11h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
    Mucky Tundra (11h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
    Mucky Tundra (12h) : For now...
    Zero2Cool (12h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
    beast (15h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
    beast (15h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
    Zero2Cool (19h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
    Zero2Cool (19h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
    Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
    Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
    buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
    buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
    Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
    Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
    Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
    TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
    Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
    Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
    Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
    dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
    dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
    Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
    Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
    earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
    beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
    dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
    dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
    Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
    Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
    dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
    dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
    packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
    Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
    Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
    Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
    beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
    Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
    beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
    beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
    beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.