Porforis
11 years ago
If Starks doesn't regress we're fine. We might not need a top 10 RB, but a respectable rushing attack never hurts, even if you only rush 10 a game.
DakotaT
11 years ago
I know we can run to the right side behind Sitton and Bulaga, what I don't know yet is if we can run to the left side behind Newhouse/Sherrod and Lang. It will be very interesting to see if the Packers keep TJ Lang after his rookie contract expires. I think they are really high on Dominguez behind him and at center I think they already have Saturday's replacement in Sampson Genus who is 6'1" and 310 - and is probably why we didn't see a center drafted.

We have discussed alot in the past about what a poor run blocker Chad Clifton was and Daryn College. TJ can get it done and I am hoping Newhouse/Sherrod can too. Who knows what we have in this Darko kid form Florida State. But my point is that it isn't so much the running back as it is about the offensive line. And our offensive line looks a lot better to me than it has in a long time.

I don't know if it makes any sense to take the ball out of Rodger's hands to have a dominent running game, but being able to run the ball as easily as we pass it makes our offense unstoppable. I really would like to see a screen game come along more, but I think that was tied to Alex Green last year and unfortunately, he was injured.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
11 years ago

I know we can run to the right side behind Sitton and Bulaga, what I don't know yet is if we can run to the left side behind Newhouse/Sherrod and Lang. It will be very interesting to see if the Packers keep TJ Lang after his rookie contract expires. I think they are really high on Dominguez behind him and at center I think they already have Saturday's replacement in Sampson Genus who is 6'1" and 310 - and is probably why we didn't see a center drafted.

We have discussed alot in the past about what a poor run blocker Chad Clifton was and Daryn College. TJ can get it done and I am hoping Newhouse/Sherrod can too. Who knows what we have in this Darko kid form Florida State. But my point is that it isn't so much the running back as it is about the offensive line. And our offensive line looks a lot better to me than it has in a long time.

I don't know if it makes any sense to take the ball out of Rodger's hands to have a dominent running game, but being able to run the ball as easily as we pass it makes our offense unstoppable. I really would like to see a screen game come along more, but I think that was tied to Alex Green last year and unfortunately, he was injured.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

I like Datko and I like the developmental Cs they have on the roster. And I agree, the OL is the problem.

I'd love to see the screen game get going. But more important is the short yardage offense. Wouldn't THAT be something?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
PackerTraxx
11 years ago
Datko could be the steal of the draft if he can get and stay healthy. Also, if this year's draft works out well we'll be in a good position to get an uprgrade at C, OL and/or RB with the BPA in the draft next year. Too bad Konz didn't stay until next year. Any extra DBs and or DL could be welcome also.

Pack93, I really, really like your gameplan!!!

I look for a good screen pass this year also, it should be a tremendous help to burn pass rushes and slow them down. It is a difficult play to execute properly, I hope we can pull it off. Green gives us hope, but the rest of the team has to execute.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
buckeyepackfan
11 years ago
"As for Grant, his agent dug his grave when he piled on the Favre fiasco to get the last contract. Hope it was worth it."

Couple of old articles I dug up concerning the hold out and then signing of Grant.

Contrary to Nerdman's insistence that Grant and Co. were some how siding with Brett Favre and tried to hold The Packer organization hostage, it seems that they just wanted a fair offer.

This is such old news, but am really tired of some on this forum who cannot seem to move on from happenings from 5 years ago.

Grant held out 5 years ago until Ted offered him a contract that he thought he deserved. Peroid.

I'm really gonna enjoy it when Ted offers Ryan Grant a 1 yr deal to come back this year because just as it was 5 years ago, The Packers are going to need RG to solidify a very inexperienced backfield.

"Agent Alan Herman said Grant has agreed to a four-year deal that could be worth up to 30 million, with much of the money coming in performance-based escalators. Grant will make 4.25 million this season.

Grant exploded onto the scene last year with 956 yards on 188 carries and eight touchdowns in 15 games.

Grant, 26, has yet to show up to training camp, and he was seeking a substantial raise to be the featured back in the Packers offense.

Grant is an exclusive-rights free agent but refused to sign his tender offer from the team in hopes of working out a long-term deal.

"We never approached this with the idea of breaking the bank and treating it as an unrestricted situation, because it isn't," Herman said.

Grant and Herman plan to be in Green Bay on Sunday to review and sign the contract. Grant could report to camp in time for Sunday's "Family Night" scrimmage at Lambeau Field, although it is unclear whether he would practice right away.

Grant, acquired by the Packers in a trade with the New York Giants just before the start of last season, became the starter in the second half of the season and rushed for 956 yards and eight touchdowns. He added 201 yards and three touchdowns in Green Bay's playoff victory over Seattle.

Grant participated in the Packers' offseason workout program but sat out offseason practices because he didn't have a deal in place.

http://nmsn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8406976 "

"Running back Ryan Grant did not report to training camp Sunday and based on how angry his agent was Sunday with the Green Bay Packers' first offer, it could be a long time before he's back in uniform.

It's insulting," agent Alan Herman said of the offer he received from negotiator Russ Ball at 5:15 p.m. Saturday "Ryan Grant gave them a running game last year. They know what he can do."

Herman said the most insulting part of the offer was the $1.75 million signing bonus the Packers offered on a six-year contract extension. Herman noted the $3 million linebacker Brady Poppinga received on his four-year extension that was signed last week.

According to Herman - who said he generally doesn't discuss specifics during negotiations but was so upset over the Packers' offer he felt it was necessary - Grant's earnings in 2008 would be just over $2 million.

He said the Packers' offer paled in comparison to what he said was a four-year, $40 million deal the Chicago Bears gave returner Devin Hester, who like Grant has two years left before becoming a free agent. Hester, he said, received $10 million in guaranteed money despite never having proved himself as a wide receiver.

"I can't believe after 5 1/2 months, after the Packers said to us that this was a unique situation, that the Packers take care of their own, that we would get in a situation as unreasonable as this," Herman said. "I've never seen anything like that in my 24 years in the business."

Asked how Grant felt about the offer, Herman said, "He was as mad as I've ever heard him. He's really angry."

General manager Ted Thompson said Sunday that he wasn't giving up on a deal being reached.

"I think it's a unique thing and kind of complicated," Thompson said. "We're trying to work our way through this. I'm not good at predicting those things (when a deal might be reached). There's dialogue."

Herman wouldn't say what type of signing bonus he wanted, but he said the two sides were not going to get anywhere with the number they were at right now. He said the performance-based portion of the contract he proposed was slashed by 75% in the offer the Packers returned to him.

"If he does what he did last year, he wouldn't even earn $1 million," Herman said of the 956 yards and eight touchdowns Grant produced last season.

The Packers have made a one-year, minimum wage tender offer of $370,000 to Grant that allows them to maintain his rights. Grant, however, doesn't have to sign it and can't be fined for missing training camp because he isn't under contract."

2008 370,000 - 2,250,000 2,620,000
2009 750,000 - 2,250,000 3,000,000
2010 3,000,000 - 2,250,000 5,250,000
2011 2,500,000 - 2,250,000 4,750,000
2012 UFA
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
buckeyepackfan could you update the link and put quotes around whatever you are not saying please? I'm not sure what you are saying.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
11 years ago

buckeyepackfan could you update the link and put quotes around whatever you are not saying please? I'm not sure what you are saying.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

it was very confusing.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (4h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (6h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (6h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (9h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (9h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (9h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (9h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (10h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (20h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (22h) : damn those vikings
beast (22h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (22h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (22h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (22h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (22h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders