Zero2Cool
11 years ago
Does this change anyone's thoughts or opinions on Anthony Hargrove? I suppose the thing I'm asking myself right now is, didn't the NFL confirm that was Anthony Hargrove and if so, how or by whom?

I was right there, right there in that closeup [of the defensive huddle] they're talking about. Every time they came off the field I was standing right there talking to them, and I know who said it, and I can say with 100 percent accuracy who said it, and I know 100 percent it wasn't Anthony.

practice squad defensive lineman Earl Heyman  wrote:

UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
11 years ago
Sigh. More evidence that Florio and other lawyers should stick to courtrooms governed by rules of procedure and evidence.

*All* circumstantial evidence *and* *all* eyewitness evidence has potential problems. Court findings are very rarely as cut and dried as movies and talking heads make them out to be. That's why the law erects all those rules about hearsay, expert testimony, pleading, motions, objections, and the like. To ensure that judgment is well-reasoned and not merely a consequence of who speaks loudest or most often or most in command of the English language.

If the NFL, Hargrove, et al have reached the point that they have to resort to this pseudo-legalistic detailed nitpicking to resolve their dispute, then they should either take the dispute to court (if there is in fact a legal cause of action here somewhere) or shut the fuck up.

I used to love PFT -- Florio took a passion for the details of NFL life and offered us NFL junkies a new drug (the internet rumor mill) to satisfy our need for a constant fix. I admire him for that.

But now he's just another effing half-assed talking head of which we had far too many before he started his rumor mill. And on top of it all, now he's a talking head talking like a lawyer. And we don't need lawyers talking like lawyers outside of their courtrooms and their law offices.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Laser Gunns
11 years ago
here's my stance if I was commish...

Give me a fucking name or I will suspend you anyway for impeding NFL investtigation (again, in the case of Hargrove).

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
gbguy20
11 years ago
Over the last couple of days I have decided I will not believe a fucking thing the NFL says about the bounties until they provide the evidence they found solid enough to give out these suspensions. So far everything they have provided has been a joke. None of it proves any actual bounties ever existed. They've done a damn good job proving they has an illegal pay for performance system, however.
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
11 years ago
My opinion, worth exactly what people are paying for it:

Unless there is specific language in the contract taking power away from the commissioner, it's almost irrelevant what kind of evidence Goodell has. If their employees don't like the way Goodell and the NFL run their shop, then they should find a new job or shut the fuck up. If the rest of the world doesn't like the way Goodell and the NFL run their shop, they should stop buying their products and shut the fuck up.

The due process clause is (or should be) like the rest of the Bill of Rights -- it's a right against state power. It shouldn't be as a workplace guarantee of "employee rights." Any rights a worker have are rights incident to his particular contract.

If Hargrove, et al, thinks his contract prohibits a particular dumb/nasty action by Goodell, he's got three choices. Get another job in the Arena League or writing mortgages or digging ditches or whatever. Sue. Or shut the fuck up.

In my opinion, Goodell is an asshole who can't decide whether he worries more about the concerns of PR men or the concerns of lawyers. I wouldn't want to work for the guy either. Life sucks sometimes.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
DakotaT
11 years ago
I have no doubt in my mind that Hargrove and the rest of the Stains are guilty of this bounty and I wish they would all just take their medicine - and Drew Brees STFU.

On Hargrove being a Packer - I really hope Worthy and Neal make it impossible for Hargrove to even make the 53 man roster.
UserPostedImage
Dexter_Sinister
11 years ago
This is not a criminal case. There is no innocent until proven guilty, there is no beyond a reasonable doubt. Goodell doesn't need to prove anything to anybody to decide that actions were detrimental to the league. That is his job and he doesn't have to prove anything except to his employers that he is doing a good job or he gets fired.

If the Players think that Goodell breached their contract, they can sue in civil court. Then the burden of proof is on them. They have to prove that Goodell punished them outside of the guidelines set up by the agreement.

IF the players challenge him in court, then they have to take the stand and swear not to lie. If they get caught lying, they can go to jail. IF they just stand in front of a mic at a press conference, they can lie their asses off with no consequences. So I don't believe a word they say until the courts say Goodell punished them unfairly.

Handing down the punishment, the NFL has to get it right enough to win a lawsuit. The players are not bound by the same thing. They can make spurious accusations and have no consequences. Until they get into court and have to take that oath.

I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
I'm usually on the side that says 'shut up, serve your time and move on'. I was on this one too, until I realized what an awful precedent this is setting. Suspending players without concrete evidence just seems wrong to me. Then again, I think it's wrong that the commissioner has all the power he does.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
11 years ago

I'm usually on the side that says 'shut up, serve your time and move on'. I was on this one too, until I realized what an awful precedent this is setting. Suspending players without concrete evidence just seems wrong to me. Then again, I think it's wrong that the commissioner has all the power he does.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Yet you serve as overlord to us. [grin1]

And we're thankful for it. Thank you sir may I have another.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CFYQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DqdFLPn30dvQ&ei=S5njT___L4ie8QTwtN2GCA&usg=AFQjCNFb1VFxCm8yrQ9C_e5bVXtH7TiygA&sig2=-ZWJKqV50bCOh7KzhV3AUA

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (14h) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (15h) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (15h) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (15h) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (16h) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.